- Wednesday 21 May, 2008
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Race starts 20m past forestry gate. Straight for a couple of hundred metres up track until T Junction. Take right, proceed for another couple of hundred taking RIGHT as the road turns left and climb up a (not bad) quality narrow trail. Climb for a few minutes up and take right at T junction with forestry road. Continue on this road. After 400 m. take a left fork on the good quality forest road.
- Getting There:
- Signposted from Stone Cross, Ballinascorney, Co. Dublin Gr. O 073 200. Please try to carpool!! Please park on one side of the road and leave a gap every 8 cars or so. Road is very narrow.
- Organisers Instructions:
- People MUST carpool from Scholars pub. To get to Scholars Pub(Tel 4516757), take the Firhouse exit of the M50 (Junction 12), heading towards Firhouse/Tallaght. Go straight through two roundabouts and at the next roundabout, Scholars Pub is on the left hand corner. If you are approaching from the Firhouse Road( going South) turn left at the Old Mill and Scholars Pub is at the next roundabout. For those that are driving, please arrive with four or five people in you cars. Take the R114, (Firhouse road) towards Brittas. After about four km take a turn to the left. It will be sign posted here. The start is about 2km down this road on the LHS. G.R. O 076 208. Please park on one side of the road and leave a gap every 4 cars or so. The road is very narrow.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Scholar's Pub, Old Court Centre, Park Lane, Firhouse
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize