- Union Wood
- Sunday 21 May, 2023
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- North West League
- Entry opens:
- 2023-05-16 09:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2023-05-20 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Route Description:
The Short Course Option is approximately 6.5km and does not include the climb to Union Rock.This is also the Junior Route for U16 and U18 runners.
- Getting There:
The Start Finish Area is located at the car park next to Ballisodare FC, near Ballisodare, Co. Sligo.Please park considerately as this is a public use car park. We'll have a parking marshall.
We would encourage people to carpool, or cycle where possible.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race ONE in new NORTH WEST LEAGUE
This route will take you around Union Wood in Sligo. Trail runners are advised, but not mandatory, as some sections of the route will require good grip.
All runners must sign in prior to race start.
Registration will open at 11:00 and will close at 11:50.
NO EARLY START As this run is 8km there is no early start option
The Junior Route will be the same as the Short Course. All Juniors must be signed in by a parent/guardian.
The Junior Route is suitable for U16 and U18 runners .
All Runners MUST carry/wear a rainproof jacket for the entirety of the race. Any runner found not to be carrying the mandatory jacket will be disqualified. This is for health and safety reasons. We will be checking!
FIRST TIME IMRA PARTICIPANTS
If you have never participated in an IMRA event before, please create an account with MyIMRA (see top of this page).
- All runners must be members of IMRA
- €10 for the calendar year.
- You will then receive your race number, which you keep for all IMRA events/races. This number will be emailed to you, but can also be found on your MyIMRA profile once you have joined
- You can collect your race number at your first race of the calendar year. Do not lose this number!
- Entry for races is via the IMRA website
- You must sign in at registration before race start.
- No on the day entries will be taken.
- Cost per race is €7 for adults and €5 for Junior/OAP/Unwaged
- As above, a jacket must be carried with you/worn for all IMRA races/events.
CARPOOLING is strongly encouraged, there is an option to add your car for carpooling and to accept carpool spots for races.
IMRA is entirely run by volunteers, we strongly encourage everyone to volunteer so that we can all enjoy participating in events, if you've any questions about volunteering or knowing more about what's involved, please ask!.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Start Finish Area Light Refreshments post race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Name||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Damien Coman||Boyle||N4 to Sligo||09:45:00||4||0|
|Richard Dunne||strandhill||ransboro (prob stick around for abit after run for social)||10:30:00||3||0|