- Wednesday 17 May, 2023
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (3,2,2) - Difficult Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route is as per last years and the map on this page. We will have a short run down to the lake to help spread everyone out a little bit before crossing the road and starting on the narrow track up Brown Mountain. The route, which will be well marked by the race marking supremo Niamh, then continues over the summit of Scarr where we will have a marshall and along the shoulder to Kanturch and then continues down over Bracket Rocks with hopefully lovely views and then along the track above Lough Dan. We will have the finish as soon as is practical after meeting the road again, probably about 250 metres. Which leaves a nice 500 metres or so walk back to the Scout Centre.
- Getting There:
- Lough Dan Scout Centre, Oldbridge, Roundwood, Co. Wicklow, A98 DR98 Parking will be at Lough Dan Scout Centre. Thanks to the Scout Centre we have parking at the start but it is limited and so if people could please carpool as much as possible that would be really helpful. It is very easy to carpool from Roundwood where will go back to for prizegiving and sambos. The parking charge for the Scout Centre has been included and spread across the race entry charge, so there is no need to have any coins for parking. Please DO NOT PARK on the road outside the Scout Centre.
- Organisers Instructions:
- MANDATORY SHOWERPROOF JACKET MUST BE CARRIED/WORN DURING ALL IMRA EVENTS
No jacket = no result. Please bring the mandatory jacket and have it crossing the finish line.THERE IS NO SELF-TIMING AT IMRA EVENTS
You should start the race at the specified gun-times, or choose a distance that suits your ability.Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to carry (or wear if needed) a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule! All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES. There is ONLINE REGISTRATION only for this event and so there will be NO VOUCHERS or entry on the evening. Please arrive on time for registration and sign in and to have your chip scanned. If you have a chip from previous years please bring it with you for reprogramming. If you have not yet received your chip one will be provided for you free of charge. Your chip and your number are yours for the entire 2022 race year. Please retain both as they are your responsibility. PLEASE NOTE that replacement numbers or chips will be charged at 5 euros online. We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races. EARLY START. There will be an early start for runners who usually finish near the back of the field. If you are unsure if you should do the early start just check at the Registration desk. JUNIOR COURSE we will provide a Junior Race to start after the main race at approx. 7.40. The midges can be out in force at Lough Dan so bring MIDGE REPELLANT ! Registration opens at 6pm and closes at 7.15pm.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Kavanaghs Pub in Roundwood.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize