Wicklow Way Relay
- A relay race from Kilmashogue to Shillelagh along the Wicklow Way
- Saturday 14 May, 2022
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2022-04-14 21:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2022-05-01 23:59:59
- Entry limit:
- Entry cost:
- €144 for seniors, €0 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
The Wicklow Way must be followed as signposted, unless specifically listed below. Leg Descriptions are available but they are a little out of date so use as a guide only. When in doubt, look around you! Or post question on the forum. Also, no shortcuts are allowed and teams risk being disqualified if reported.
- Leg 8: Stay on the Wicklow Way running past until the Dying Cow. From here detour off the Wicklow Way to the finish at Parkview House, Shillelagh.
- Leg 1 OSI Map
- Leg 2 OSI Map
- Leg 3 OSI Map(out of date - use as guideline only)
- Leg 4 OSI Map(out of date - use as guideline only)
- Leg 5 OSI Map
- Leg 6 OSI Map
- Leg 7 OSI Map (out of date - use as guideline only)
- Leg 8 OSI Map (missing) :
- Leg 1 Route and profile
- Leg 2 Route and profile
- Leg 3 Route and profile
- Leg 4 Route and profile
- Leg 5 Route and profile
- Leg 6 Route and profile
- Leg 7 Route and profile
- Leg 8 Route and profile
- Getting There:
- Teams are responsible for their own logistics. Its worthwhile getting the official Wicklow Way maps and leaflets for details.
- Organisers Instructions:
See forum for latest updates on this event
Teams consisting of between 2 and 8 runners will run the Wicklow Way in Relay. There are eight stages, between 8km and 21km long.
1. Captains should purchase a team registration (€144). This is the standard price regardless of team size.
2. Once your team entry has been purchased you should declare your team via the following online form: https://form.jotform.com/220933701134042
3. Teams will be listed on the forum by the 22nd April 2022.
THIS COMPLETES REGISTRATION. Then you have TWO MORE steps to do before your team will be allowed to start on the day, these steps will be communicated by email to captains of confirmed teams.
WWR RULES 2022:
- Each team must provide a car park marshall at the race directors pre designated stage of the race. Failure to do so results in such a team being deemed ‘non-competitive’.
- Each runner shall carry the team baton which will be a GPS tracker. Failure to hand over the baton shall deem the team as ‘non-competitive’.
- Due to the level of interest, only one entry (team) per sporting club is allowed.
- Entries must be accompanied by the appropriate fee to be paid online within 72 hours. Entries must be followed by filling out the online Wicklow Way Registration form with final team details.
- Team members or running order can only be changed before 5 pm on the evening preceding race day (i.e. 5 pm, Fri May 13th 2022) for the team to remain competitive.
- If a runner misses his or her handover another team member cannot run in their place and the team remain ‘competitive’.
- If a runner does not complete their stage route “in its entirety”, they will be deemed ‘non-competitive’.
- If a member of a team brings the race into disrepute (e.g. litter, parking infringements etc.) their team shall be disqualified.
- Each team must have their own support crew and all team members must have completed recces of their legs in advance (briefing sheets available on the event page).
- Changeovers are allowed at official stage ends only.
- The parking restrictions (available on the event page) must be followed in order to maintain the future viability of the event. Each vehicle associated with a team or following the race must display their team number and contact number on the vehicle dashboard. Failure to do so may result in time penalties or disqualification to related team.
- All runners must have IMRA membership for 2022.
- As per the IMRA Junior Policy (see Competition Rules), Juniors over 15 and under 17 are only allowed to run stage 3. No runners under 15 can run any stage.
- To be competitive, teams must be made up as follows:
- Teams of 2: Open;
- Teams of 3: to include a woman or vet.;
- Teams of 4: to include a woman and vet. (may be the same person);
- Teams of 5: to include a woman and vet. (may not be the same person);
- Teams of 6: to include 2 women and 2 vets. (may be the same persons);
- Teams of 7: to include 2 women and 2 vets. (only one may be the same person);
- Teams of 8: to include 2 women and 2 vets (may not be the same persons)
- Prizegiving Location:
Parkview House, Shillelagh. Bar Food and refreshments available
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Docherty||Dave||Windy Arbour/Milltown||Dundrum. Balinteer. Marley.||06:00:00||2||0|