Wicklow Way Relay
- A relay race from Kilmashogue to Shillelagh along the Wicklow Way
- Saturday 26 May, 2012
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The Wicklow Way must be followed as signposted, unless specifically listed below. Leg Descriptions are available but they are a little out of date so use as a guide only. When in doubt, look around you! Or post here. Also, no shortcuts are allowed and teams risk being disqualified if reported.
- Leg 8: Leave the WW at Stranakelly Crossroads and run to the finish. This will be marked.
- Organisers Instructions:
Teams consisting of between 2 and 8 runners will run the Wicklow Way in Relay. There are eight stages, between 8km and 22km long. Fee 15 euro per runner but minimum of 60 euro for teams of 2 or 3.
Entry Form now available. Please fill it out and return as soon as possible as places are very limited.
21/03/2012: A phenomenal number of entries have been received already! Please now email me the entry form to me instead at stuart D-OT scott AT- imra D.OT ie. (before sending a cheque). Teams will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
22/03/2012 - ENTRIES CLOSED: See forum note below.
19/04/2012 - VOLUNTEERS AND RECCES: See forum note below.
08/05/2012 - ENTRY LIST: List of Confirmed Entries updated.
08/05/2012 - ROUTE CLARIFICATION: Keep to marked route unless otherwise stated (no shortcuts). See above section.
11/05/2012 - NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS: See forum note below.
25/05/2012 - FINAL TEAM LIST: Team Numbers and Runner Names.
View the 2012 Results (corrected).
- Prizegiving Location:
- Kennys, Shillelagh
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize