- Saturday 12 May, 2012
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 9 (3,3,3) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Follow the signs on the open Mountain which lead a grass road. Follow the grass road to the Hampden Bomber Memorial at O033089 and go directly east to the top of Black hill from there. Follow the path South East from the top of Black Hill. This path becomes intermittent once past the shoulder between Black Hill and Mullaghcleevaun, so you will need to be a competent navigator across open mountain - although this is not too difficult on a clear day, it is essential to have the required navigational skills if the mist is down. Once you reach the top of Mullaghcleevaun - marked by a cairn about 6 feet high - you return back to start. It is compulsory to visit the top of Black Hill on both the outward and return journey.
- Organisers Instructions:
- New Start - O 026 102.
Registration is at Zellars pub. Please note that the race start is 1.5k from Zellars, so registration will close at 11:30am sharp to allow runners and organisers to get to the start point. To get to the start, follow the road towards Ballyknockan. After 1k (all downhill!) you cross a small bridge and the road starts to climb again. After about 100 meters or so, take the next next left. The race start is 500 meter along this lane - it will be signposted on the day. Anyone looking to recce the route before the race, look out for a gate with a notice on it saying that this is way to use for access to Black Mountain. The race will start a short distance up from this gate, just past another metal gate further up.
Equipment required: Weather protection (coat, hat, gloves) Map of race area and compass Space blanket Food and drink (optional - may be required depending on conditions on the day)
- Prizegiving Location:
- Zellers, Lacken
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Jordan||Mike||Terenure||Templeogue, Tallaght, Blessington||10:15:00||3||2|