- Long loop over unnamed "Boots" mountain and Trooperstown Hill itself
- Saturday 28 February, 2009
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (1,2,3) - Easy Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Winter League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Avg Ascent/Descent Grade: 7.1%/-7.4% (be warned that final descent has a -26% descent grade)
- Getting There:
- Take the M50 Southbound, get off at the Roundwood exit (Kilmacanogue) and follow the signs towards Laragh, drive through Annemoe and follow the bend left. 1.5km further down (keep the River Inchavore on your left), you'll see a brown sign saying "Trooperstown", turn in here and follow the minor road to the car park at the river before the stone bridge. There's limited parking at the prize-giving venue so please carpool to this race. Grid ref for parking: T 158 969.
- Organisers Instructions:
- There will be a short (junior) route: 4.5 km, ~ 150 m climb.
- Prizegiving Location:
- The Coach House Roundwood. Reserved section
- This is the longest of the Winter League races but takes place on very good trails. The course is boggy in a few places but otherwise very runnable and starts and finishes on fire road in Trooperstown Forest. One of the final descents is on scree.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Cheetham||Bronagh||Citywest||M50 (Firhouse), Kilmacanogue||09:30:00||3||1|
|O'Grady||Paul||Terenure||Templeogue, M50 at Tallaght||09:45:00||2||1|