Tibradden/Sliabh Thigh Bródáin
- Wednesday 29 June, 2016
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 9 (3,3,3) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry opens:
- 2016-06-14 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2016-06-28 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The race will start along the forest road rather than up the way marked Dublin Way. You join the Dublin Mountains Way further up the hill, and follow new trail till you meet Wicklow Way, turn left here, then route is easy to find up to Fairy Castle.
Please stick to rocky trail and Not on peaty areas to either side of track.
Go around Trig Point and head downhill towards city.
Watch out and take first left turn coming downhill.
This path joins Wicklow Way again at left turn, then you join up with the trail back to Tibradden (Right turn - if you end up on tarmac road you have missed this turn:-).
Route is mostly on rocky and man-made paths.
Junior course option is an out-and-back
Please note that the Tibradden route should only be raced by technically experienced runners. It is not a suitable race route for beginners. Each member is urged to make a careful assessment of the route for his/her ability and to take particular care on the rocky path coming down.
While the heavy showers from this morning should clear during the day, there may be further showers this evening and the route may still be slippy. So, additional care is needed for those reasons.
- Getting There:
- Race Start and Registration at Pine Forest Carpark. Location Here
- Organisers Instructions:
- This a handy one to cycle to from Dublin. Race start and registration at Pine Forest Carpark, Just off Cruagh Road. Location Here: http://www.dublinmountains.ie/index.php?id=137 Carpooling is **strongly encouraged**, both from Dublin and from the Merry Ploughboy. Car parking spaces at the race start and at the Merry Ploughboy will be limited and there is no parking on the public road near the race start. The car park will be open from 6 pm and should be vacated by 9.30pm as it needs to be locked up after the race. Registration from 6.15 until 7.15. Anyone not in the queue by 7.15 will not be permitted to register and run. Race starts at 19.30 with an early start at 19.00 for runners with a predicted time of 160% or more of the winning time. All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES. We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races
- Prizegiving Location:
- The Merry Ploughboy
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|McParland||Damien||UCD||Dundrum, Ballinteer, Merry Ploughboy||18:00:00||3||0|
|O'Grady||Paul||Blackrock||Salthill/Monkstown Dart Station. N11 for 46A. Sandyford Luas Stop. Sandyford, Stepaside, Rathfarnham.||18:15:00||3||0|
|Crowley||Tadhg||Bray DART station||Kilternan and Glencullen||18:15:00||3||1|
|Collins||John||Stephen's Green||Rathmines, Rathgar, Terenure||18:00:00||3||2|
|Challoner||Avril||N4||N4 and southbound along M50. Returning via east link toll bridge to Clontarf.||17:30:00||2||2|
|O'Gorman||Vivian||Deansgrange||Deansgrange, Sandyford Luas||18:00:00||2||2|