Irish Mountain
Running Association

Tibradden/Sliabh Thigh Bródáin

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brian O MurchuJun 28 2016, 3:27pmPre-entries may close at 18:00 today but IMRA yearbooks are available through to tomorrow, and will be ready for collection at race registration:) #PurchaseIMRAproducts
Caoimhín MacMaoláinJun 28 2016, 3:40pmIs there a short course for under 16s tomorrow evening? Thanks.
Roman PupatoJun 28 2016, 3:43pmDo we know if there's going to be a short course for kids/teens in this race?

Best regards, Roman

Sorry I couldn't create a new topic.
Brian O MurchuJun 28 2016, 3:50pmYes, Junior course is available!
Roman PupatoJun 28 2016, 3:58pmThanks Brian.
Do I have to create an ID and register him in the same way as an adult?
Brian O MurchuJun 28 2016, 4:02pmYes, we need to have them in the system. If you create a MyIMRA account for them and then purchase annual membership. Then decide between pre-registering or getting a 10-race-voucher. The voucher being transferable so the one voucher can be used by multiple people
Gordon WilsonJun 28 2016, 11:06pmSo is it now IMRA policy that carpooling is now mandatory rather than encouraged?? ("single occupancy cars will not be admitted to the car park").
Tadhg CrowleyJun 29 2016, 12:01amWhere do I need to go to register online?
Thomas RocheJun 29 2016, 4:19amIs online registration now closed for this event??
Brian O MurchuJun 29 2016, 9:35am@ Tadhg, entries closed at 18:00 yesterday:( Annual membership will be available again tomorrow

@ Thomas, as you've already registered for the year, you'll need to get someone with a voucher to get you into the race #networking

@ Gordon, we will not refuse you, please come along if your schedule allows!
Andrew HanneyJun 29 2016, 9:53amBrian, can you please confirm weather conditions for tonight's race? I don't see it anywhere on the event page....:) is it now IMRA policy not to reveal the weather in advance of races?
Brian O MurchuJun 29 2016, 9:55am@ Andrew, weather is confidential (do not look outside!), although I can say that we're putting a volunteer on midge management as they got a bit out of hand last week
Tanya SheridanJun 29 2016, 10:23amAndrew, I am just about to update the event page and will include the latest weather forecast.
Andrew HanneyJun 29 2016, 11:24am@Tanya, I was only joking, however given the notorious nature of the race, no harm to put as many people off as possible :)
Tanya SheridanJun 29 2016, 11:25amThe event page is updated. Main messages are:

- Please carpool as much as you can. Parking is limited at the race start, as you know, and the Merry Ploughboy told me that parking is limited there too.

- The race route is a technically challenging one so please take a lot of care, especially if you are a beginner or not familiar with it.

- Please take extra care due to the weather conditions. As it has been raining, the route likely will be slippy.

- There will be an early start option, starting at 7 pm.

- Don’t forget your number and your jacket. Please have your jacket at all points during the race.

- Also, if you haven't registered online, please bring a race voucher as we are no longer accepting money at races. If you are picking up your race voucher, please have a confirmation email.

Also, as Brian mentioned, please bring your midgy spray. They were out in force last week!

Huge thank you to everyone who volunteered for this evening’s race – I really appreciate it.

Any questions, feel free to send me an email to tanya.sheridan@imra.ie. ... agus bainigí taitneamh as :)
Heather GordonJun 29 2016, 12:49pmHi Guys - can anyone opt to start at 7pm? I am familiar with the route. thanks!
Heather GordonJun 29 2016, 12:49pmHi Guys - can anyone opt to start at 7pm? I am familiar with the route. thanks!
Heather GordonJun 29 2016, 12:50pmSorry for the multiple posts!!
Brian O MurchuJun 29 2016, 12:53pmWell, there is the early start option at 7pm for people who are expected to finish 160%+ of the winning time (Well done on H&B BTW!)
Heather GordonJun 29 2016, 12:54pmThanks Brian - sorry, hadn't read the details properly
Thomas RocheJun 29 2016, 1:23pmHi all, Can anyone spare a race voucher for this event? I left online entry too late :(
Brian O MurchuJun 29 2016, 1:28pmHi Thomas,
If you arrive before I have to mark the course I can help you out. But there'll be plenty of obliging people about, come along and ask around:)
Thomas RocheJun 29 2016, 1:32pmThanks Brian, I'll try to make it up as early as possible. What time are u marking the course at?
John MackeyJun 29 2016, 5:03pmHi Lads, if I purchase the set of race vouchers (50euro) from the product list could I use them this evening or should I have registered specifically for this race?
Alan AylingJun 29 2016, 5:33pmPurchase the 50 set, note the reference number, print the email/confirmation, bring that along to the race.
Any hassle, offer someone a fiver for use of a unit of their voucher this once.

NB - you MUST have signed up as an IMRA member for the year as well - if you haven't done that already, too late for this race.
Caoimhin MacMaolainJun 30 2016, 10:42amThanks very much Tanya and helpers for last night's race. Really enjoyed it. Super route and brilliantly organised.
Vivian O'GormanJun 30 2016, 10:45amWell done to Tanya for a great race last night. Her first time as an RD and sure no bother!! Also to all the volunteers -they have now all been eaten by all them 'migges'!!