Top Of Coom
- Top Of Coom
- Sunday 17 September, 2023
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Whiskey In The Jar League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Route Description:
- Nice fast course, Forrest trail, Bog road, and open Mountain.
- Getting There:
- Top of Coom Ireland's Highest Pub Coolnolhill, Kilgarvan, Co. Kerry, V93 EW90. From Cork, N22 through Macroom and Baile Mhuirne (Ballyvourney), turn left at the Mills Inn, take minor road through Cúil Aodha (Coolea), and continue uphill on this minor road as far as Top of Coom Pub. From Kerry, N22 from Killarney, turn right onto the R569 road to Kilgarvan and Kenmare, about 3km before Kilgarvan turn left over Morleys Bridge and continue uphill on this minor road as far as Top of Coom Pub.
- Organisers Instructions:
- TIME:12:00 (Adult race). 11:15 (Kids). 11.30 (Juniors). ENTRY DETAILS: Adults (16+) €7. Over 65s & juniors €5. Plus €10 one-off annual IMRA Membership fee. No cash payment accepted at race. Purchase race entry & membership online before race. Kids under 10 (accompanied) Free.
- Prizegiving Location:
- No dogs allowed at this one I'm afraid, as all part's of the race, including the start and finish, take place on a working sheep farm.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize