Trials for Europeans and Youths
- Trials for Europeans and Youths
- Saturday 28 May, 2016
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2016-05-07 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2016-05-28 00:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €4 for over 65s and under 18s
- Route Description:
- Up and down trial for Europeans and uphill trial for Youths.
Junior women (1 lap): 3,150m with 180m ascent
Senior women and Junior men (3 laps): 6,830m with 414m ascent
Senior men (5 laps): 10,510m with 648m ascent
Girls: 3,150m with 230m ascent
Boys: 4,550m with 400m ascent
- Getting There:
- Crone Wood, Wicklow (on left around 1 kilometre beyond Powerscourt waterfall entrance).
- Organisers Instructions:
- Trial for Europeans will start at fork around 80 metres above car park and finish at the foot of the Maulin ride (see Map link above and photos for provisional course and profiles). Turn left at a path junction around 460m after the start and continue along the WW for another 850m until you reach the bottom of the Maulin ride which is both the start of a hard climb and the finish. The steep climb is 420 metres with an average gradient of 26%.
Youths trial will start at same location as the European trial and follow Wicklow Way until it reaches the open mountain. The girls race will finish there while the boys race will turn right and finish at the top of Maulin.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize