Irish Mountain
Running Association

Lugnacoille

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Greg ByrneJun 17 2009, 1:26pmVolunteers needed for the Lug Race, in particular a Summit Marshall, please sign up on myIMRA or contact me at gregory dot byrne at ucd.ie or (08six 313zero242).
Christian McAuleyJun 19 2009, 12:15amHi,

I would really love to do this race. I am Training for GF6. I have been on Lugnaquilla tens of times but have never run in an IMRA race before. Would I be allowed compete in this race.

Thanks
John ShielsJun 19 2009, 8:15amHi Christian,
Anyone can run a IMRA as long as they show up, register and pay their sub and race fee.
John
Christian McAuleyJun 19 2009, 2:10pmThanks for the reply John. I will be there. Did you know the cost of the sub and race fee?

Christian
Paul NolanJun 19 2009, 2:18pmChristian

Have a read of the beginners page (tab at bottom left of screen), it will help you pick up the basics before your first race.
You'll need €17 to register for the year(10) and race(7)
Christian McAuleyJun 19 2009, 2:34pmThanks for the reply John. I will be there. Did you know the cost of the sub and race fee?

Christian
Christian McAuleyJun 19 2009, 2:38pmThanks Lads! ..(ignore previous post)
Greg ByrneJun 24 2009, 9:23amStill looking for a couple more volunteers for the Lug Race on Sunday, in particular a Summit Marshall, please sign up on myIMRA or contact me at gregory dot byrne at ucd.ie or (08six 313zero242).
Rene BorgJun 24 2009, 9:28amHi Greg,

I can do summit marshal for you, that way I'll resist the temptation to race this classic course...

-Rene
Mick HanneyJun 24 2009, 9:58amIf you could get a 2nd person for the summit that would be ideal as then you can take summit photos and summit places / times without having to try to multi-task, something I struggled with last year :-)
Dermot MurphyJun 26 2009, 9:48amJust a reminder that this Irish Championship race is on this Sunday at 1pm, with registration closing at 12:30 as per the race directors instructions. There will also be sandwiches in Fenton's pub after the race. Also a reminder that everyone who completes the Irish Championship this year will receive a super Irish Championship Technical Top, so try to make this race if you can!
Shane EnrightJun 26 2009, 10:39amI'm not getting email notifications on the carpool so can anyone who books a seat with me let me know at my name at gmail dot com. Thanks.
Anthony OConnorJun 27 2009, 9:56pmHi

Is this an up and down same route- total 10K? - Thanks

Anthony
Rene BorgJun 28 2009, 10:39amHi Anthony, that's it 5k up, 5k down...
Turlough ConwayJun 29 2009, 9:55amThanks to Greg, Vivian and Co for putting on a great race. Congratulations to the new Leinster Champion Peter O'Farrell on a fine win yesterday and congrats to Irish International Helen White on the win also: thanks for the cuppa too!
Mick HanneyJun 29 2009, 11:16pmThanks a million guys.

I've posted a top ten list of the downhill times from Lug as a race report... Well done Bernard!
Mick HanneyJun 29 2009, 11:35pmThanks a million guys.

I've posted a top ten list of the downhill times from Lug as a race report... Well done Bernard!
Justin KeatingeJul 5 2009, 1:57pmHi Shane,

You need to enter your email address on MyIMRA before it can send you carpool notifications by email.

Email me off-forum if you need any assistance on this.

Justin