Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Liam VinesApr 13 2016, 9:29pmIs the Wicklow Way Race going in the usual direction this year as in from Marley Park to Clonegal or is it going in reverse?
Brian O MurchuApr 13 2016, 10:40pmYes, usual direction:)
Pól Ó MurchúApr 13 2016, 11:22pmWhat's this about about One Direction - never had you down as a fan Liam :-)
Liam VinesApr 14 2016, 7:53pmThanks lads.. My guilty pleasure Pol :-)
Neil MackayMay 1 2016, 9:20pmThis looks great. Is this race starting on the Friday night to 21.00 on Saturday 11th or Saturday midnight to 21.00 on Sunday 12th?
Robbie WilliamsMay 1 2016, 10:57pmFri midnight to 21:00 sat
Richard GoverMay 6 2016, 6:28pmHi, are entries open for this?
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 7 2016, 12:23pm--- Race Director Instructions Below ---

Hi all, race entry is now open and will close at midnight on Sunday May 15th. Race entry fee is 60 Euro. If you are not already an IMRA member you must also purchase annual membership at 10 Euro.

Those of you who have already emailed your qualifying races to wicklowwayrace@gmail.com please register as per the instructions below.

If you have not emailed these details please do so prior to registering so we can confirm you qualify to race!

To register there are essentially 3 steps.

1. You must be signed up for the IMRA website function known as MyIMRA.

If you are already signed up to MyIMRA please login at https://www.imra.ie/users/login and skip to step 2.

If you are not already signed up to MyIMRA please set your account up at https://www.imra.ie/users/myimraselecttype 

2. You must be a paid up 2016 member of IMRA to partake in the race.

If you have raced already with IMRA this year you should be a member and can skip to step 3.   

If not you must pay your TEN EURO annual membership fee before purchasing race entry.  To do so follow these steps.

A. Log into MyIMRA using the details you entered in 1 above.
B. Once logged into MyIMRA select "PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS" from the menu across the top of the website.
C. You will see an option titled "IMRA Annual Membership, 2016"
D. Follow the process as outlined on the website.

3. Phew, Nearly there!  Take the plunge, buy race entry.

So you are a MyIMRA member, an IMRA member, now buy race entry.

A. Log into MyIMRA using the details you entered in 1 above.
B. Once logged into MyIMRA select "PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS" from the menu across the top of the website.
C. You will see an option titled "Entry for Wicklow Way Race(11 June 2016)"
D. Follow the process as outlined on the website.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 8 2016, 2:25pmI see a Liam Vines entered and I am guessing it is our only IMRA registered Liam Vines who is qualified to race but I don't know for sure. So to ensure I don't have some not qualified Liam Vines expecting to race can the real Liam Vines please stand up and confirm himself to me via the forum or email to wicklowwayrace@Gmail.com please?
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 9 2016, 8:50am--- Race Director Update ---

Hi all, quick update on UTMB points.

We will have the same allocation for the race this year as last.

That is 3 old or 5 new points.
Liam VinesMay 9 2016, 11:47amIt is I Jeff the one and only Liam Vines.. And I am standing up while I am writing this...
Rene BorgMay 9 2016, 6:52pmHi Sinead, yes, that's it. As you come up to the end of that fire-road you'll see a large brown sign saying 'Wicklow Way' pointing towards Glendalough. There is another sign-post similar at the OldBridge junction hand-over. The next yellow man is when your leg 4 runner leaves the road and get's back on trail.
Rene BorgMay 9 2016, 6:53pmwrong thread for that last response.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 9 2016, 10:51pmLiam, cheers!

Rene, I will be referring to your relay thread for latest on the state of the way so I will allow you away with it just this once.
Dylan WaldronMay 10 2016, 5:18pmHi, just confirming you have to arrange your own transport back from Clonegal on the Saturday (assuming one makes it that far...), or is there a bus. Thanks,
Rene BorgMay 10 2016, 5:29pmI think there's a free run going back that evening Dylan.
Dylan WaldronMay 10 2016, 5:35pmCheers Rene,
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 11 2016, 8:40am--- Race Director Update ---

No plans for a bus as yet. All previous years we have assured everyone can make it back to the start through a combination of race volunteers or racer support teams. We will not leave anyone to overnight in Clonegal!

Or as Rene suggested, it's free to run home. :)

No plans for a bus as yet. All previous years we have assured everyone can make it back to the start through a combination of race volunteers or racer support teams. We will not leave anyone to overnight in Clonegal!

Richard GoverMay 11 2016, 9:55pmWhat's the right map(s) for the Wicklow Way?
John J BarryMay 12 2016, 9:45amI got a Wicklow Way book that has the maps of the whole route in it.

Check out:

http://www.wicklowway.com/publications/index.php

Using OS maps one would need 3 or 4 maps. East-West Maps be the best.
NOTE: East West mapping 'miss' a small bit at the end so a 1:50000 Discovery Series map is also required,
Jeff SwordsMay 12 2016, 10:27amThere'a also 7 mas which can be downloaded from here
http://visitwicklow.ie/the-wicklow-way/

Obviously won't have the latest diversions etc on it, but will give you a good idea anyway. (Anyone doing the final leg of the relay should bear in mind that you don't follow the WW from the Dying Cow).
Richard GoverMay 12 2016, 12:28pmThe Wicklow Way map book and/or the printable maps look great. Will they be OK to pass kit check at the start of the race?
Richard GoverMay 12 2016, 12:31pmBoth the map book and the printable maps look great. Will they be enough to pass kit check at the start of the race?
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 12 2016, 12:57pmHi Richard, apologies for not replying until now, the site was not co-operating last night when I initially tried replying.

The lads have given you good guidance above. Another point for listing maps is at http://www.irishtrails.ie/trail/wicklow-way/40/

To address your latest question, the map book will pass kit check. I would need to review the printable maps so will get back to you on that later.

Jeff
Richard GoverMay 12 2016, 1:20pmThanks Jeff. I'm thinking I'll probably bring the map book and the printable maps.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 13 2016, 9:12pm--- Race Director Update ---

I am delighted to say we will have live tracking in place this year, provided by Primal Tracking.

Details on exact link to follow on the day will be supplied closer to race day.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 13 2016, 9:12pm--- Race Director Update ---

I am delighted to say we will have live tracking in place this year, provided by Primal Tracking.

Details on exact link to follow on the day will be supplied closer to race day.
Raymond RussellMay 15 2016, 5:37pmHi Jeff, I have a couple of questions about the race:

1. What is required for the kit check? I'm guessing rain jacket, water, some food, maps, compass, whistle. Is there anything I'm missing?

2. Are there pacers allowed? My girlfriend would like to run with me for the last chunk, maybe from Tinahely, but won't be providing any assistance other than company.

Apologies if these are things I should know, I've just never run in Ireland. Many thanks, and really looking forward to it!

Raymond.
Raymond RussellMay 15 2016, 9:04pmI forgot to list headlamp and spare battery in the kit-list too, of course.
Raymond.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 15 2016, 9:13pm--- Race Director Update ---

Hi Raymond, I've updated the race details page at https://www.imra.ie/events/details/id/1359 with kit requirements.

In terms of support runners we will be allowing support runners but only from the check point at Dying Cow. This means you can have support later in the race when you may need it most!

Support runners are not permitted to carry any of the runners mandatory kit and runners found in breach of this rule by race directors or volunteers will face immediate disqualification.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 15 2016, 9:21pm--- Race Director Update ---

Race registration will remain open until Sunday May 22nd.
Raymond RussellMay 15 2016, 9:59pmMany thanks Jeff, I see the kit details now. Thanks also for the confirmation on support runners.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 21 2016, 7:57am--- Race Director Update ---

Anyone planning to enter the Wicklow Way Race, registration closes tomorrow night, so please be sure to register before then if you intend to race!
Liam CannonMay 22 2016, 9:57pmJust checking out the kit requirements here. Wondering if a route map on ones phone will be sufficient, or if a physical map is compulsory?
Pól Ó MurchúMay 22 2016, 10:21pmPhysical map Liam. Phones can get wet, battery die, dropped etc. If we get the weather we got a few years ago your phone would be unlikely to last the night!
Liam CannonMay 23 2016, 9:00amMakes sense Pól.
Colin CaseyMay 23 2016, 9:14amHi,

Is there any obvious landmark for the Raheenakit checkpoint - is it where you leave the road and enter the forest trail?

Thanks,

Colin
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 23 2016, 9:18amHi Colin, yes, after coronary hill it's the turn off the road into the forest.

I will update the race details to show the location on a map, I have them all in the race pack that all runners will be mailed as well.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 23 2016, 9:20amLiam, just to confirm what Pol said. Physical map of the route is a requirement.

Jeff
Colin CaseyMay 23 2016, 9:25amThanks Jeff
Graham K. BusheMay 23 2016, 12:31pmNow that we know the real "Liam Vines" will be sprinting off from Marlay Park as the clock strikes midnight, do we get to see who will be joining him? (at the start line, at least)
Brian O MurchuMay 23 2016, 12:54pmthat would spoil all the entry speculation conversations:)
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 23 2016, 3:03pmThe list of entrants is classified. Until I release it the week before the race to shame those who have registered but are considering not racing into starting.
Raymond RussellMay 23 2016, 6:13pmHi Jeff, apologies for another newbie question: the mandatory kit includes a "high vis". Does that have to be a full vest, or is a belt enough?
Lorcan FaganMay 23 2016, 7:19pmHow many are running?
Brian O MurchuMay 23 2016, 7:22pmIt's classified:)
Pól Ó MurchúMay 23 2016, 7:31pmDifficult to say...some are walking/ hiking/ crawling the last few km :-)
Lorcan FaganMay 23 2016, 7:36pmSmart arses! ; )
Mick HanneyMay 23 2016, 9:39pmJeff, I added my name to the list. I can do a shift at Ironbridge if you like.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 24 2016, 7:09amThanks for that, Mick. Will be in touch.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 24 2016, 7:14am--- Race Director Update ---

Raymond, on your question on hi vis. I need all runners to be visible to other road users during the lighting up hours. So if you have a reflective Sam browne or the like on that is fine, so long as it is not obscured by whatever pack you are wearing that is the main thing.
Raymond RussellMay 24 2016, 2:29pmGreat Jeff, I understand, thanks for clarifying.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 24 2016, 11:10pm--- Race Director Update ---

Volunteers needed! Please reply here with any questions or stick your name down on the race page if you are available to help over the course of the day.

The race is a great chance to facilitate a once in a lifetime effort for most of those running so please help out for a few hours at a check point on the day. There are of course a few eejits who keep coming back for more but they are great crack as well!
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 24 2016, 11:10pm--- Race Director Update ---

Volunteers needed! Please reply here with any questions or stick your name down on the race page if you are available to help over the course of the day.

The race is a great chance to facilitate a once in a lifetime effort for most of those running so please help out for a few hours at a check point on the day. There are of course a few eejits who keep coming back for more but they are great crack as well!
James H CahillMay 25 2016, 10:02amHi Jeff, have put my name down and I can do anywhere down as far as Drumgoff. Just let me know.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 25 2016, 12:22pmJames, that's great, thanks. I will pencil you in for Glendalough in that case. I will be in touch!
Jean MolloyMay 26 2016, 10:25pmHi Jeff,

I just have a question about support runners. Are they definitely not allowed before the Dying Cow? Thanks. Jean
Daniela BoehmMay 27 2016, 2:34pmHi Jeff,
myself and Eoin Syron are happy to man a check point as well. We can do the night-time one in Crone if you like as we live very close by.
Daniela
Mick HanneyMay 27 2016, 3:49pmWhere drop-bags supported for the breakpoints? I think that was the case last year.

If so I'll just stock up with other general goodies for the pitstop at Ironbridge.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 29 2016, 2:12pm--- Race Director Update ---

Hi all, apologies for delays in replying over the last few days.

Jean, I've had a think about it and will allow support runners from Iron Bridge. The race pack will go out to all runners this week and will be updated to reflect this.

Daniela, thanks to you and Eoin. Crone is perfect. I will be in touch in the coming days.

Mick, yes, drop bags will be taken from the start to all check points so no need to get anything. Again, I'll be in touch in the coming days.

Jeff
Jean MolloyMay 29 2016, 9:37pmHi Jeff,

Thanks for confirming that support runners are allowed from Iron Bridge. That's great news. Jean
Lorcan FaganMay 30 2016, 1:41pmHi Jeff,

I understand we will have different race numbers to our IMRA number. Will we know this in advance for drop bag purposes?

Thanks, Lorcan
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 30 2016, 9:34pmLorcan, yes, I'll publish a list early next week so you can mark up your drop bags.
Jeff FitzsimonsMay 31 2016, 1:49pm-- Race Director Update --

More volunteers needed!

We can't make the race happen without volunteers. The slots for the early hours of Saturday morning at Crone and Glendalough are taken but there is plenty of room for those looking for an afternoon in the sunshine in beautiful South Wicklow! I can guarantee a tan without burning. GUARANTEED!
Mick HanneyMay 31 2016, 10:56pmJeff, if it helps I can be flexible in terms of location in south Wicklow. Regards, Mick
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 1 2016, 8:42amThanks for that, Mick. At the moment Iron Bridge still makes sense for you though if that's good with you.
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 3 2016, 12:10am---Race Director Update

56 runners registered to start.

Race pack with rules, maps of CP locations etc. will be emailed to all competitors over the weekend for some bank holiday reading.
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 6 2016, 11:48pm--- Race Director Update ---

Race instructions have been mailed to all registered runners. If you did not receive this please let me know.
Jason DowlingJun 7 2016, 11:27pmHi Jeff,

Will we be getting notification of our race numbers beforehand so that we can properly label all our drop-bags etc as per details in race pack?

Cheers,
Jason.
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 8 2016, 12:14am--- Race Director Update ---

Jason, you read my mind. See below. :)

Hi everyone.

A few updates based on feedback from the race instructions mail last night.

1. Race Tracking

This year we have teamed up with Primal Tracking to track our racers live throughout the race. This means all those running will carry a GPS tracking device and we can all follow the action of the race on the link below.

http://live.primaltracking.com/wicklowwayrace/

2. Race Numbers

For any of the runners with questions about race numbers you can find your number for the race at the tracking link http://live.primaltracking.com/wicklowwayrace/

You all have an IMRA race number and your result will be logged against this when the race is complete but for the purposes of the race it is much easier for us to have a range of numbers that match the number of registered numbers.

3. Water

There will be water provided at the check points.

4. Parking at Race Registration

If you plan to leave a car at registration that is fine.

HOWEVER if you think you will not be back to Marlay before Marlay Park closes at 22:00 on the night of Saturday the 11th then you should not leave your car in the Marlay Park car park. As outlined in the race instructions there is a Lidl very close to the registration, that has plenty of parking. I live nearby and regularly use that shop and have not seen any cars damaged or clamped there. That is no guarantee against that however if you chose to leave your car there! It is merely the best alternative I can suggest.

5. Diversions on Route

The Wicklow Way Race follows the route as signposted on the day of the race. The major diversion I am aware of at the moment is at Drumgoff. This is in the Glenmalure Valley. You will have climbed out of Glendalough and dropped down into Glenmalure. You will come onto the road and down to the crossroads at Drumgoff with the Glenmalure Lodge on your left. After this crossroads the route usually turns right into the woods a couple of hundred metres after the crossroads. At present the route is diverted to stay on the road. We will have a look on the day and try to pass the word on to the volunteer at Glendalough so you have data that is as up to date as possible but I cannot see this diversion changing much between now and race day. So expect to stay on the road for a large chunk of the Drumgoff to Iron Bridge section.
Donagh McGrathJun 8 2016, 1:27pmWill drop bags be collectable at the finish line if we shed gear or have replacement gear in bags at one or more chjeckpoints along the route?
To minimise shite being transported all the way from Crone to Clonegal should we mark any dropbags we do want transported to the finish differently or will there be refuse sacks at checkpoints to dump dropbags we won't want to see again at each checkpoint as we go?
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 8 2016, 3:08pmHi Donagh, we try to get anything such as clothes or gear to the finish. But that's dependant on something urgent not taking Robbie or I away from the check point as it closes. Previous years I have ended up with a collection of stuff post race that gets back to people eventually, or not as the case of the stuff in my shed!

There will be black bags at the check points for rubbish, so if you have stuff in a drop bag that you don't want back and nobody else wants then the black bag is the place for it.
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 8 2016, 3:08pmHi Donagh, we try to get anything such as clothes or gear to the finish. But that's dependant on something urgent not taking Robbie or I away from the check point as it closes. Previous years I have ended up with a collection of stuff post race that gets back to people eventually, or not as the case of the stuff in my shed!

There will be black bags at the check points for rubbish, so if you have stuff in a drop bag that you don't want back and nobody else wants then the black bag is the place for it.
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 10 2016, 12:59amA reminder that the good people at Primal Tracking are providing live tracking of the race this year. So log on from midnight tonight through to 21:00 tomorrow night to watch the runners progress and plan your trip out to encourage them.

The link for live tracking is

http://live.primaltracking.com/wicklowwayrace/
Brian O MurchuJun 10 2016, 3:09pmThere's always a great atmosphere in Marlay Park before this race, I'll be there from 10pm if anyone's interested in coming down to check it out
Raymond RussellJun 10 2016, 3:11pmMy best wishes to all the runners tonight! So sorry I can't be there to participate too. Raymond.
Graham K. BusheJun 11 2016, 9:51pmA HUGE THANKS to Jeff and ALL the volunteers for a super night and day out along the Wicklow way. I was so happy on reaching checkpoints I think I just stood there, and before I knew it, my water bottles were filled and my drop bags opened and prepped. All I had to work out was which pocket to fill. Otherwise I think I'd be out there still.
Not to mention all the words of encouragement, which are just as important.
Pól Ó MurchúJun 11 2016, 11:19pmAn absolute massive massive massive well done and thanks to Jeff and Robbie and their merry bunch of volunteers (way too many to mention) for their hard work and dedication to the WIcklow Way Race. Another very well run event (pun intended). The praise and kind words I heard throughout the field for both organises, volunteers and IMRA in general was amazing. The trackers went down a treat too as did the food at the end. A fantastic event! Makes me so proud to be involved with such a great organisation when you hear such nice things said by all. Thanks guys.
Liam CostelloJun 12 2016, 10:44amThank you so much to Jeff, Robbie and all the helpers for making such a fantastic race possible.
Ray LonerganJun 12 2016, 11:19amThank you to Jeff, Robbie and all the volunteers for creating the opportunity to race the Wicklow way - It was epic
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 12 2016, 1:13pmResults, photos, insights etc. will come over the course of the next week or two.

For now though a huge thank you to all the volunteers, runners, supporters, people in Clonegal and surroundings, Richie Healy for the fabulous trophies and Primal Tracking for trackers & Marlay Park for accommodating our start.

I have to give a special mention to three people.

To Robbie Williams who drives from Cork every year to manage the day with me and who just gets stuck in to make the day for everyone. He is only on his way back to Cork now on Sunday afternoon having gone through sorting rubbish with me!

To my wife and daughter, Aoibheann & Lottie, for putting up with my absence for a weekend and many evenings in advance of the race. I had hoped this year would be Lottie's first Wicklow Way Race volunteering role but she got a badly timed sore ear. I guess she will have to wait until next year.

If I have left anyone out I am blaming sleep deprivation.
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 14 2016, 10:15pmI am writing to say a massive thank you on behalf of myself, Robbie and all the runners to the team of volunteers that made the race happen last weekend. The race doesn't happen without volunteers and they all went above and beyond the call of duty on the day. I got a great array of very positive feedback on the job they did from the runners through all sorts of channels since the race.

Brian

Registration is important. I like to have Robbie or I do kit check with the runners so they get to meet us and we them before the race has kicked off. They put their trust in us and us in them so it's nice to look each other in the eye. Brian has looked after getting the runners signed in and numbers issued for two years now. He relaxes runners, he does things like write the runner's first name on their number under his own initiative and generally makes sure we have all the is dotted and ts crossed in a calm and friendly manner. That's important for nervous runners and RDs.

Daniela & Eoin

I was able to head home and grab 90 minutes rest safe in the knowledge Crone was in good hands. When I checked the tracking and saw people heading off to Tibradden I knew it was time to get my ass to Crone! When I arrived things were very civilised with the garden furniture in place for runners to relax and the bulk of the runners through. Crone proved not to be the simplest of prospects as hoped for due to the late arrivals but both Daniela & Eoin hung around and made my life a lot easier. Collecting the drop bags and supplies from Marlay and taking the rubbish away from Crone was an added bonus.

Caroline & James

Caroline collected the drop bags and supplies from Marlay then hot footed it to Glendalough. At 04:00 I arrived to Glendalough to find Caroline setting up what appeared to be a small market stall, lining up and facing off the supplies like a Tesco shelf stacker at five minutes to closing! All in control here so I tried to grab some rest. I couldn't rest of course and checked the tracking to see Barry a few minutes away around 05:00. Jump out of the car to find Caroline & James both in athlete service mode, again, no need to worry here. Apart from the midges that were eating us alive. But wait, James had thought of that and supplied us all with some merchandise he had shipped in especially from Indonesia. It took the colour off my gilet but it also made the midges p1ss right off, this crew had it down. James also appeared to take confessions from some runners if the photos on FB are to be believed. Unfortunately Caroline wouldn't stop talking about wedding dresses so I had to leave for Iron Bridge.

Mick & Dermot

I arrived into Iron Bridge expecting Barry to arrive any minute but he had gone a bit off course. He didn't know what he was missing as Mick had sausage sambos waiting for the runners, a bacon sambo for me and Robbie and coffee, glorious caffeiney coffee. Dermot was looking calm as ever which must come from years of service across IMRA and in particular in RDing the Maurice Mullins Ultra, he knows what to expect and gives the runners what they need. No questions asked. I hung around here for a while and cajoled and abused runners as appropriate into moving on and not staying at Centreparks latest holiday village at Iron Bridge. Tips for next year lads, try not to make it that luxurious the runners don't want to leave!

Barry & Lillian

What can I say about this pair? They both came to registration to collect drop bags and supplies for their own and another check point. As two previous participants in the race they knew well what the runners were going through and had an air of calm about them that I am sure was reassuring to the runners as a counter to my frantic dashing about. When I arrived all was calm. Barry was sauntering around in his bare feet, eating tomatoes from his fist and appeared to have set up a bar to rival the Dying Cow. This was check point Barry style. They had colour coding on their runner check list and knew exactly where everyone was courtesy of Karl Murray, Barry's dad, and his mobile data hotspot. Lillian appeared to be after my job so capable and involved as she was. Lillian didn't actually go home from what I can see, I believe she is still wandering the WW looking for people to assist like some sort of one woman Wicklow A Team.

Rob & Inigo

The lads drew the short straw, which perversely means the longest opening hours for their check point. But when I arrived all was good and I had no qualms heading off to check in at the finish. It's always the case that Raheenakit is the check point I spend the least time at as I am bouncing around the finish area. The lads had it all under control in a nice relaxed and easy manner.
Lillian DeeganJun 14 2016, 11:05pm.
That's well sweet - Thanks Jeff. Sorted for the same w/e 2017 calendar wise so - funny man! All joking aside, I loved every minute of the side lines last Saturday. All racers were superbly tolerant and pushing on all the time.

I would echo your mention of having Barry's Dad at our CP relaying info. as the chief dot watcher. It worked a treat for us. 086 and 3G ain't great bedfellows at the Cow. And Barry Murray - you surprised me. Massive kudos due on your pre-set recycling waste system. When I got to Clonegal, I queried with Robbie which rubbish bag was for recycling :) :) Seriously, I did! I think Robbie might well be still looking at me wondering whas she on.
John J BarryJun 16 2016, 12:03pmFolks,

As requested by Jeff, I have a RACE REPORT up in the REPORTS tab for your enjoyment

"QUEST FOR A "YELLOW MAN" - FROM DNF TO SUCCESS IN THE WICKLOW WAY RACE 2016"
Barry HartnettJun 18 2016, 7:50pmHi everyone,
just a quick note of thanks to all the WWR crew. It was an amazing day, I'll never forget it. I've never felt so looked after in a race. Tip o' the cap folks. See ye next year.

Bar.
Baterdene LkhamJun 19 2016, 9:31amHi, I would like to Thank all the organizers and volunteers who directly and indirectly involved in the Race.No stone was unturned.Keep up the great work guys.
Special Thanks to Jeff ( Race Director) for looking after me along the the race and also running the last 8KM (more like 10K?) with me it was exactly what I needed in that stage of the race. Without your motivation and support I wouldn’t have made it to Clonegal under the cut of time !
Also Thanks to guys/girls at CP4, Daniel for sharing a long stretch of the journey with me and 2 lads with a Car ( forgot to ask their names thought they were support crew for someone) for topping up my hydration tank and moral support along the Route.
Thanks a Million.
Jason DowlingJun 19 2016, 1:22pmHuge thanks to Jeff and Robbie for organising such an incredibly well run event. From start to finish, it was flawless. The tracking was a great feature to the race. I rang my dad after the race who was tracking it for large parts and it was funny to hear him naming all the runners in the race. Some names popped up more than others during the conversion but that was due to them not reading their map correctly!!

Huge thanks also to all the volunteers who selflessly give up their day manning the checkpoints along the way providing loads of help and encouragement. Also, knowing when to give the runner a gentle nudge out of the checkpoint so that they don't become too comfortable was an art-form in itself. For sharing your experience prior to the race as to how a change of runners at Dying Cow could give a huge boost. It most certainly did.
To Paul Daly for all the photos which helped produce a great memento of such a memorable day.

I'll finish with the words of Lorcan Fagan, "The Wicklow Way Solo is anything but a Solo.....it is a community! This is the essence of the race". I am eternally indebted to that community without which, I certainly would'nt have achieved my goal of completing the Wicklow Way Solo.
Paul KevilleJun 30 2016, 4:04pmThis is going to be a very pedantic post apologies but I see that the results are placed in order 1,2,3 etc. There are a number of runners who finished together but still have results recorded as one after another. Could the results be amended to reflect this? For example if runners finished together they should get an equal result 1,2,3,3,5. Thanks
Karen DevenneyJun 30 2016, 5:14pmIn short the answer in no Paul. The results system doesn't allow for this. Apologies