Irish Mountain
Running Association

Annacurra

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyJan 18 2015, 7:30pmHi, can I be confirmed on the database as RD for this race so I can edit event details. Thanks.
Richard NunanJan 19 2015, 9:42amHi Mick,

You are accepted - any issues please email Eoin.
Thomas MooreJan 19 2015, 2:08pmMick if I can give a hand for that race as a non running volunteer I'm available thanks
Mick HanneyJan 19 2015, 3:11pmMuch obliged Tom, & other volunteers so far thanks.
Mick HanneyFeb 1 2015, 5:49pmIf Trooperstown is your 3rd Winter League event please consider volunteering for the 4th event, Annacurra, thanks.
Mick HanneyFeb 6 2015, 11:56amNew race map and elevation loaded as photos for this event
Mick HanneyFeb 6 2015, 6:01pmJunior route map & elevation added.

Combined main route & Junior route map added.

Junior route follows fire-road right and DOES NOT take the forest ride left which the main field takes. Junior route takes the next fire road fork RIGHT and after a few hundred metres turns steeply left at which point it has rejoined the main route. We'll have signs out and marshalls if we have the volunteers on the day.

Junior route garmin: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/691125640#
Distance: 6.6k. Climb: 280m. High point is c. 363m.
Mick HanneyFeb 16 2015, 9:59amI'd appreciate if there was a laptop savvy volunteer available to assist at this race. Thanks.
Mick HanneyFeb 16 2015, 5:35pmThank you Daniella.
Mick HanneyFeb 18 2015, 7:11pmUPDATED RACE ROUTE:-

Ignore previous post on junior route. Both race routes will now share the route for the first 3+ km. The main race will follow a predominately anti-clockwise route which is a change from previous years. I hope to have marshalls at key junctions to keep people on track. New race route uploaded in Photos.
Tanya SheridanFeb 22 2015, 4:51pmHi, I'd really appreciate a lift with one of the other volunteers so that I can be there on time. I am coming from the city centre but can get to any of the Dart stations/other public transport points at a time that suits. Many thanks!
John ShielsFeb 23 2015, 9:27amHi Tanya, I'll be heading down to photograph the race. leaving from Booterstown if you want a lift?
txt me on 086-8370966
John
Mick HanneyFeb 23 2015, 11:00amSome notes before Saturday:-

A jacket is mandatory so please bring one!

Please do not bring headphones. You may need to hear marshalls instructions on the course and with parts of the route being single track you need to hear what is going on around you.

Trail runners are strongly advised. Portions of the course are muddy and wet so ordinary runners will not give you adequate grip.

Please bring exact change if you can for registration.

Please stay on after the race for the prize-giving in the hall where we will have post-race refreshments courtesy of our school committee. Donations towards the school welcome.

Please look at the route map. The main loop around the hill is anti-clockwise. It is essentially a series of right-hand turns for descents and left-hand turn climbs over mixed terrain.
Mick HanneyFeb 25 2015, 1:35pmAdditional race details for Sunday:

Please read previous postings on the forum so you are fully up-to-date with race instructions.

There is a junior route which measures c. 7K. If the main race (11K and nearly 480m climb) is too much for you you can opt to do a Short Course - provided you indicate this at sign on and tell the guys at the finish line you did Short Course.

Race is at 12 noon and I intend to have registration open around 20 to 11.

There is parking beside the parish church and community hall. Please park sensibly and car pool if you can.

There will be an early start (also at 10.45). Anyone wishing to run in the early start should make themselves known to me before then and present themselves at the barrier at 11.40am. Also please let the finish line know you were an early starter.

The course will be soft going in places after the rain. Slippy too in places. Please run safely.

Please obey instructions from marshalls on the course. Part of the course crosses a public route out and back and this will be marshalled. But please use common sense and if a car is coming put safety first.

A jacket - worn or carried is mandatory. Spot checks will be done. Anyone without one can expect to be dnfed.

We are tight on volunteers. 1 or 2 more would be a help.

We hope you enjoy the event we have lined up for you. Please join us for refreshments in the hall after.

Smile for the photos :-)
Richard ChurchFeb 25 2015, 2:25pmMick

"Additional race details for Sunday:"

Assume you still mean Saturday.

Richard
Mick HanneyFeb 25 2015, 2:29pmindeed Richard, thanks. Copy/paste error! ;-)

Saturday!
Mick HanneyFeb 26 2015, 8:44amCorrection: Early start is at 1/4 to 12.

We have enough volunteers now, thanks. If volunteers can be in Annacurra from 10.30 unless I've agreed a later time with you (e.g first aid).
Marta NurkiewiczFeb 26 2015, 8:59pmHi,was wondering if I could get a lift from anyone on Saturday? I live in Clontarf but can get anywhere in town.. would really appreciate it
Gareth LittleFeb 27 2015, 9:51pmAre the showers open tomorrow Mick? Thx
Killian StokesFeb 27 2015, 9:54pmHey

Its very late in the day but Im driving down from Dublin in the morning, Booterstown but happy to swing by city centre or dart station.

If anyone needs a lift just text me: 085 833 6790

Rgds

Killian
Killian StokesFeb 27 2015, 9:55pmIll be heading early 915 ish as Im volunteering....
Mick HanneyFeb 28 2015, 4:42pmLooking forward to seeing those race reports.
James ClancyFeb 28 2015, 5:12pmBig thanks to Mick and his crew of volunteers for a superb event. The course had it all, from tough up hill sections to the most beautiful and incredible flowing downhills….water obstacles and interesting tree sections. Thanks also for the fantastic spread of food afterwards, a selection of 4 different soups, tea/coffee and cakes…amazing!!
James H CahillFeb 28 2015, 5:49pmThank you Mick and your all your assistants for a great race, a great route, and a great feed afterwards - who could ask for more!
James KeaneFeb 28 2015, 6:01pmGreat race and a fantastic route. The course marking was top notch.
Also the food after was excellent. Very enjoyable day.
Killian BrennanFeb 28 2015, 6:38pmThanks for a great event today in Annacurragh, very enjoyable, tough but interesting with loads of variety. Loved the long fast downhill finish. Keep up the good work. Thanks again. Killian.
Mick HanneyMar 1 2015, 11:57amResults should be up in due course.

If you were an early starter and didn't advise us your result may be over-stated. This can be corrected.

A huge thanks on behalf of the school parents association for contributions to the refreshments laid on yesterday. Happy people on all sides. Next time I'll have to find someone else to RD this so I can get back to the hall early to eat all around me. :-)
Majella GeraghtyMar 1 2015, 1:17pmThank you to all the marshals and especially Mick for the brilliant race yesterday. The course was really well mArked out and Micks briefing at the start made the run much easier to plot.

As a new comer to mountain running I appreciate all the efforts and hope to return the favour as a volunteer in the future.
Thanks again
Conor StokesMar 1 2015, 10:08pmthanks for a brilliant event, good route, marshalling and organisation, and a heartfelt thanks to the those who organised the refreshments, this cold competitor really felt the need.

Regards,C
John Dempsey79Mar 2 2015, 9:40pmGreat race Mick, thanks!
Any idea what was that structure in the field on the left near the top of the first climb?
Looked like a scoreboard?
Stephen PerryMar 2 2015, 10:24pmLooked like a hide used by Deer shooters , John Dempsey .
Pól Ó MurchúMar 2 2015, 11:04pmResults up now...Sorry about delay.

Any errors drop me a mail: pol.omurchu@imra.ie