Maulin Winter League Route
- Saturday 3 March, 2012
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,3,2) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Winter League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Same course as 2011. Watch out for reentry point to forest after Maulin, for shortcut on Wicklow Way after Ride rock, and for loop up the lower part of the Powerscourt ride.
- Getting There:
- Take turn off N11 motorway at Kilmacanogue (towards Roundwood). Take right turn after 800m for Powerscourt Waterfall. The car park is on your left, around 800m beyond the waterfall entrance.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Prizegiving afterwards in the bar area of the Powerscourt Arms Hotel in Enniskerry. Please car pool, if possible, from Enniskerry. Registration queue will close before 10.40 to facilitate a punctual start. Juniors: Juniors born in 1992-1995 can run the full course. Please note the full course is tough and you can consider taking the short course if you wish. Younger runners can turn back at the foot of the steep grass ascent and run back the same way The wearing of grippy trail shoes is advised. Any use of MP3 / headphone devices is not allowed in IMRA races.
- Prizegiving Location:
- bar area of Powerscourt Arms hotel
- The steep grass climb is slippy so trail shoes with grip are recommended. They are also needed on the descent off Maulin and on the descent towards Ride Rock.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Fleetwood||Ronan||Milltown Luas stop||Nutgrove||09:15:00||3||1|
|Tennyson||Barry||Foxrock Church/Luas C.Mines||Kilmacanogue||09:00:00||4||4|
|Swords||Jeff||Dublin 15||Red Cow||08:45:00||2||2|