Barnardos Basecamp Charity Race
- Bernardos - Bascamp charity race
- Wednesday 24 August, 2011
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Garmin of the Route is available at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/99375471 Route is an anticlockwise loop going up a to the upper car park and then using a brand new trail through some felled forest to meet the Kilmashogue fire road. It then ascends a short section of the Wicklow Way before crossing on a trail below the Fairy Castle summit and follows the broken fence line and track to pass close to the summit of 2 rock mountain. You then descend on a steep and rough trail along the forest edge before turning left at the "Yellow Man" walking sign taking fire road back to the crossprads at the top of the tarmac road. From there you then descend for 400m on the rocky "Boneshaker" track with the forest on your left before turning left and Carefully Crossing the new MTB tracks (we will have a marshal here) and descending to the finish which will utilize a new track parallel to the walking track ( same as you will use at the start)before the short forest descent and tarmac section to the slightly uphill finish close to the entrance barrier.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This is a charity race for Barnados, sponsored by Basecamp. Race sign on will open at 18.30 (note - changed to allow for early starters at 7pm) at Ticknock forest close to the main entrance You should aim to be at the start location 20 mins before the race. Please do not DO NOT PARK ON ROAD OUTSIDE TICKNOCK Forest Entrance - double yellow ines and gardaÃ are ticketing cars! The Race will be start at 19.30 from Ticknock Forest close to the main entrance. Please Car Pool from Lidl/ Centra at Grange Road just opposite Marley Park plus there are some spaces at Taylors Three Rock Pub and Lamb Doyles Pub. Only cars with a minimum of 4 on board will be allowed into the forest - please park in lay-by areas not on roads.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Taylors Three Rock Pub
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Fleetwood||Ronan||Luas Milltown stop||Churchtown||18:30:00||4||2|