WMRA Youths Trial
- WMRA Youths Trial 2011
- Saturday 9 April, 2011
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- 2 laps for both boys and girls. Very good underfoot conditions with route all on good quality forest path. Route goes uphill for 900m with a climb of 74m then very short flat section across two bridges before descending down on other side of the river.
- Getting There:
- Upper lake car park, Glendalough. Race starts on Wicklow Way near to Information centre. See course map for relative location of entrance road from Laragh, car park, and race route.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Glendalough, Wicklow.
Advice is to wear road racing shoes unless it is very wet where light trail shoes may be needed.
Enter on the day : 5 euro for annual registration and 4 euro for race entry.
Boys race starts at 12:00 and Girls race at 12:02
- Start is on the Wicklow Way on the right-hand side of a river. Route initially follows WW but then swings right rather than going up the steps on the WW.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize