- Figure 8 loop starting from quarry on Windgate road
- Sunday 18 January, 2009
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Winter League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Getting There:
- GAA Club, Dungriffin Rd., Howth, Co. Dublin G.R. O 284396
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race starts at GAA pitch in Howth. Please car pool as usual to lessen our footprint. Where possible arrange to collect runners from Howth Dart station to make it easier. Parking is extremely tight. Be polite to people out walking. Please be aware of small rocks etc. underfoot throughout the lap that could result in a nasty fall or a twisted ankle. In the Deerpark loop, the summit rocks can be slippy in wet conditions, and on the forest trails fallen leaves can obscure dangerous underfoot conditions.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Howth GAA
- Usual start with lap of field then climb the 2-laps finish descent. Turn right before quarry and go to foot of steep climb on 2-laps route. Clockwise lap in Deerpark and then rejoin 2-laps route.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize