- Mullaghmeen Hill Run
- Sunday 4th February, 2024
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (1,3,2) - Easy Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Spring League
- Mandatory Kit:
- Level B - Standard
- Waterproof jacket
- Hat or buff
- Charged mobile phone with emergency number stored
- Foil blanket, bivvy bag or equivalent
All runners must bring the above items to the race. The actual kit to be carried during the race will be finalised on the day, depending on conditions etc., and clearly advised at Registration.
You should also have the means to carry all the kit in case required.
Failure to have the required items may lead to you being denied entry to the race, or disqualification. Random checks may be carried out.
- Route Description:
- New Anticlockwise route. Start at top right of carpark continue for 700m on fireroad then right turn through muddy pass. Along edge of forest for 1k sharp right into the roller coaster section. Across fireroad with road barrier on right continue along till you reach the laurels then up the muddy path. Back to fireroad at 4k in another 300m a left turn up a leafy path across FR up towards the highest point in westmeath..Down across FR at the half way point.Along a wet grassy trail turn right down a steep very slippy rocky pass. Across FR down a very very slippery muddy trail on a camber to our second lowest point oh no.. Up a briary track to an old pass along a wall to your right. A Sharp left up and up through some very old pine trees planted long before the beech forest was..Another 400m up to a left turn along a FR for 300m sharp right up through rough open forest right back to FR for 500m onto a bike trail uphill for 1k to our popular bike trail head..600m fast downhill left turn fast into a right for the last fast section a little uphill sting to finish...
- Getting There:
- Mullaghmeen Forest Recreation Area https://maps.app.goo.gl/vHX6v8t58udzkDvu9 From M3 continue to N3 for cavan take r163 for Oldcastle continue straight through Oldcastle to r 154 at bridge take left onto L6813 continue for 8.5k Mullaghmeen on right. From M4 on to Mullingar take R394 to castlepollard .In Castlepollard follow signs to Mullaghmeen..
- Organisers Instructions:
- Entries open Wednesday 31 jan at 9am and close Saturday 6pm Registration opens at 10.30 closes 11.45. Race start12.00 Early start at 11.30 only for people who are 160% over finish time. Trail runners with good grip are a must. Please sign-in first, then collect your number, then proceed to the laptop desk to get your chip registered and scanned. If you have a chip from previous years, please bring it with you for reprogramming. If this is your first race, a chip will be provided to you free of charge at registration. Your chip is re-usable for this year and future years, please retain it for future races and future years. Your number will be yours for the entire 2024 race year. Please retain it for the year, it is your responsibility. Replacement number or chips will be charged at €5 and can be purchased online. Please make your number clearly visible on the front of your chest. Do not wear it on your shorts, as it cannot be seen easily by the spotters. If you must use a race belt for your number, please ensure that it is facing frontwards when crossing the line. Fix your timing chip on your shoe laces. Anywhere else and it will not register on the timing mat. Cable ties will be provided at the chip-desk. If you cannot finish the race for any reason, please let a volunteer know or contact the RD, the number is on the rear of your race bib. Please phone and don't text. Otherwise we could be out on the mountain for a while looking for you. The RD can be contacted using the emergency phone number on the rear of your race number. Finally enjoy your run!!
- Prizegiving Location:
- In Mullaghmeen carpark. Usually St Brigids Post race refreshments..
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize