Dargle Four Peaks
- An open mountain race, hitting the 4 peaks of the upper Dargle Valley - Djouce, War Hill, Tonduff and Maulin
- Sunday 10 July, 2022
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (2,3,3) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Championship
- Entry opens:
- 2022-07-04 09:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2022-07-08 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Route Description:
- The race takes in the Four Peaks of Djouce, Tonduff South, War Hill and Maulin. Competitors are free to choose the sequence, direction and lines they take to the Four Peaks listed below:. START/FINISH at BOLEYHORRIGAN (O 164 084). Djouce: Trig point (O 179 103). Maulin: small cairn (O 185 131). Tonduff South: Carved boulders (O 159 135). War Hill: small cairn (O 169 113).
- Getting There:
- Via N11 southbound from Dublin, at Kilmacanogue take Roundwood exit and follow R755 towards Roundwood. Turn right onto the R759 (signposted Sally Gap), continue straight through the cross roads and a couple of kilometres along the road on your right In this Car Park at Pier Gates. PARKING: Opposite Pier Gates In this Car Park REGISTRATION & START/FINISH at BOLEYHORRIGAN ALLOW 25MINS TO GET TO REGISTRATION: it is a 25min jog from the car park at Pier Gates to the registration at the start/finish area. Head northwest towards sally gap direction.. Please car pool. There are small lay-bys and parking areas with limited availability closer to the start. Those who arrive early may get a spot, Volunteers will prioritise any available spaces for full cars. Please park your car in a way that does not cause an obstruction to barriers, gates and other vehicles. This is a very busy little road, only park in car parks and - for your safety and theirs - be mindful of cyclists and other road users when traveling to and from the start/finsh. After the race, we will endeavour (best efforts) to have a car offering a lift back to the car park for those who need one.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race starts and finishes at BOLEYHORRIGAN which is located to the southwest of Djouce on the R759 opposite Lough Tay viewing point. NAVIGATION:This is a non-gps race. You need to carry a phone for personal safety but should you use it to navigate during the race you must declare yourself non-competitive. EQUIPMENT Due to the nature of this race the following MUST be carried: 1. Rain Jacket 2. A whistle 3. Race area map and compass 4. Fully-charged mobile phone 5. Water & food to sustain you over the course of the race Bring sunscreen/clothing etc to look after yourself in mountain conditions. REGISTRATION & START TIMES REGISTRATION: 1030am to 1130am. GUN TIME: 12noon EARLY START (updated): 1100am for runners typically 160% of winning time.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Finish line area. No pub, but there will be nice refreshments etc waiting for you when you cross the line to fuel your cool-down 'jog' back to the car. It would be worth bringing a change of cloths to the start line which you can change into after the race (no valuables please - we are not taking responsibility for lost or stolen property ).
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Name||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|David Power||Carrickmines (J15 M50), Dublin||Kilmac||10:00:00||3||0|
|Christopher Steenkamp||Enfield Co. Meath||M4 -> M50 -> N11 -> R755||10:00:00||2||1|