Castlecomer Discovery Park
- Castlecomer Southeast League race
- Sunday 16 January, 2022
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 4 (2,1,1) - Moderate Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Southeast League
- Entry opens:
- 2022-01-10 12:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2022-01-14 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Undulating forest paths and trails, very mucky, with lots of uneven surfaces. Plenty of variety.
- Getting There:
- Castlecomer Discovery Park ( CDP) is located immediately outside the town of Castlecomer on the Dublin side of the N78. It is approx. 25 min. drive from Kilkenny city and 70 mins. from Newlands Cross flyover - easily accessible from the M9 and M7 motorways.
- Organisers Instructions:
- FACE COVERINGS MUST BE WORN AT REGISTRATION AND FOR THE FIRST 100M OF THE RACE
No face covering = no result. A mask or a buff will doMANDATORY SHOWERPROOF JACKET MUST BE CARRIED/WORN DURING ALL IMRA EVENTS
No jacket = no result. Bring the mandatory jacket and have it crossing the finish line.THERE IS NO SELF-TIMING AT IMRA EVENTS
You should start the race at the specified gun-times, or choose a distance that suits your ability.It is recommended that all IMRA runners park in Castlecomer village ( 500mts away from park) as there is another event happening in the park and all parking is likely to be taken up. Two race options - shorter one for junior runners / first time IMRA runners. Longer race for others. All starting together. Both routes will be fully marked. All runners should have registered as IMRA members for 2022 ( €10) and purchased a race entry online by 6pm on Saturday 15th ( evening before) Trail running shoes strongly advises as it will be mucky and a rain jacket is mandatory on all IMRA races. Please familiarize yourself with the Social- Distancing Protocols on the IMRA website before entering or attending this event. Please note requirements for face-coverings at registration, finish, and for the first 100m of the race. Toilet facilities available in the Discovery center. Please refrain from entering the Discovery Centre with mucky footwear or wet/damp socks. Also, please note that the Coffee shop will not be open this weekend, so you may wish to bring your own coffee/ after run-snacks. There are also a few coffee places in the village. See you all down there....!
- Prizegiving Location:
- Will be held near the finish line area fairly quickly after the race finish.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize