- Curragh Woods
- Sunday 12 September, 2021
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Coillte Autumn Trail Series
- Entry opens:
- 2021-09-01 18:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2021-09-10 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Curragh Woods is a firm favourite of many locals for the variety of trail it offers within such a small distance. This new Route put together by Johnny O Flynn can only be described as a trail running rollercoaster! Without a doubt do not wear road runners or you will be very sorry (or very slow). Be afraid ….be very afraid! :) Short route 4.6k. Aprox 200m elv Reg open at 9.30
- Getting There:
- From Cork, take the N25 east toward Midleton. Take the Midleton off-ramp through the Knockgriffin Industrial Estate (and bypass the centre of Midleton). Take a left onto the R626 and head 3km northwest to the main Curragh Woods car park on your left.
From Tipperary/Limerick, take the M8 south toward Cork and take the fist Watergrasshill off-ramp. Go straight through the roundabout and the very first left toward Leamlara. At the shrine in Leamlara take the left to Midleton and Lisgoold. In Lisgoold take the R626 south toward Midleton and travel 4.5km before the Curragh Woods car park on your right.
- Organisers Instructions:
This race is open to all IMRA members and cost Eur7. There will online pre-registration available closer to the event
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2021!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2021 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2021 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize