Prince William's Seat
- Wednesday 12 August, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2020-08-05 09:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2020-08-10 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Getting There:
- From Dublin City, head towards Johnnie Foxes. When you come to the traffic lights at Johnnie Foxes head south onto Barrack Road and continue onto Bridge Road (road names taken from Google maps). Approximately 1.5 kms down the road is the entrance to the car-park. This will be sign-posted and/or a marshal will be on the road to direct people in. For people coming from Wicklow and that general direction, probably best to head for Enniskerry and then Bridge Road. The lane itself is located at grid ref: O198 189. There is a charge of three euros for each car. Please bring exact change.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Please read the getting there instructions for parking location. The race route can be viewed on www.plotaroute.com. Set the map type to 'OSM Outdoors Map' for best results and select Menu -> Hills to get the route profile.
The start of the race will be at the end of the lane beside the field where the parking is available.
Car-parking: Please park following the marshals instructions. No parking permitted on the general roadside as the road is too narrow
Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.
We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races.
Registration will close at 6pm the evening before the race to allow us print off the list of runners.
If this is your first race this year, you will collect your number which you KEEP for the year. Please bring confirmation of number and registration.
If you have already run this year you will or should have your number with you. Its quite a headache for the organisers if you forget your number so PLEASE bring it.
Early start for 2020 will be at 7pm. (This is only if you are normally > 160%).
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize