Tonelagee and lap of the Lake
- Saturday 21 April, 2018
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (3,3,2) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Championship
- Entry opens:
- 2018-04-07 09:00:01
- Entry closes:
- 2018-04-20 18:00:01
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Route Description:
- Starting at the Wicklow gap and running down St. Kevin's way towards Laragh until you meet the road. Crossing the road, and cutting up onto the ridge (between Brockagh and Tonelagee. Running over the saddle and down to Lough Ouler, going anti clockwise around Lough Ouler and then up Tonelegee, finishing the race with the classic descent off Tonelegee.
- Getting There:
- Parking is at the Wicklow Gap car park on the R756 which goes from Laragh to Hollywood.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Registration for this race will be between 11.00am and 11.45am at the Wicklow Gap Carpark. This race will be on an unmarked open mountain route. Competitors must be capable of navigating their way around the course. Mandatory kit is: map of route, compass, whistle, rain coat, hat or cap, gloves. If you don't have the mandatory kit you can't run.
- Prizegiving Location:
- The prize giving location will be in the Wicklow Gap car-park (where the start and finish is located).
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Name||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|James H Cahill||Delgany||Delgany (Greystones), Roundwood, Laragh||10:15:00||2||1|