Djouce Rememberance Race
- Djouce Remembrance Race
- Wednesday 27 December, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 4 (1,1,2) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry opens:
- 2017-12-01 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2017-12-24 12:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €0 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Route Description:
- The route is the same as the "Earl's Drive" trail league (https://www.imra.ie/events/details/id/1266/).
- Getting There:
- Start and Finish are at the first/northernmost Car Park at Djouce Woods, Old Long Hill, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow. There is a vehicle height restriction of 1.8m to this car park.
Google Map is https://goo.gl/maps/BQP37Jd5HZo or Google "Djouce Woods Mtb" GPS is 53°09'20.3"N 6°11'16.9"W (53.155649, -6.188019)
- Organisers Instructions:
- Combining several traditions (Bray Head Christmas Flash and the Djouce Djoggers' Djouce Djog), this race has been nominated to remember those IMRA members who have passed.
Overall the intended spirit is for some fun to celebrate the lives of those who've passed. Noting the photos of Mike Gomm (one from the same event in December 12 months ago), Fancy Dress is encouraged.
***UPDATE 21st December:***
- Parking: the field beside the Djouce car park isn't available in winter, so we're all going to squeeze into the main car park. Can you please all car pool where possible from Kilmacanogue? If parking in Pluck's please park down the back so the front of their car park doesn't look full, putting other punters off.
- Registration closes tomorrow (Friday 22nd) at midnight. You have been warned.
***UPDATE 15th December:***
Online Registration for this race is now open and closes at midnight this Friday Dec 22nd. Please see original online race registration instructions on https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/1512 . In a nutshell:
if you have a 2017 IMRA race number:
- go to www.imra.ie
- Login to MyIMRA
- click on 'PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS' in the top menu
- click 'Buy This' beside 'Event Entry for Djouce Rememberance Race (27 December, 2017)'
- follow the rest of the instructions.
If you don't have a 2017 IMRA race number or MyIMRA login:
- go to www.imra.ie
- click on 'REGISTER FOR MYIMRA'
- follow the rest of the instructions until you can register as above
Other registration-related questions (ask on the forum if not answered here):
Will we have chip timing? No.
Are we taking vouchers? Yes
Is there a short/junior course? No - there is only one course (about 8k). Parents/guardians of those under 18 must decide if their child can manage the distance.
Is there an early start? Not a formal one.
Can you buy vouchers online and pick them up at Djouce? Hopefully - if we don't have the vouchers you can run and get them at the next race.
I've no 2017 IMRA number, I've missed the pre-registration date of December 22nd, what can I do? Don't be asking that question before December 22nd.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Confirmed as Pluck's of Kilmacanogue.
While there may be some complimentary sandwiches available Pluck's offers a full menu:
so you can order a basket of sausages and chips to refuel after your run!
Please park down the back of their car park first.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize