Irish Mountain
Running Association

Djouce Rememberance Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorNov 26 2017, 3:53pmHi

Can the webmaster please accept Gavin as Race Director for this race so he can amend a few details on the description etc
Williams AvaDec 2 2017, 10:52amhow do you purchase a race voucher for this race please? Thanks
Brendan LawlorDec 4 2017, 9:30amOnline entry for this race should open soon.. it will close on December 22nd. Reminder that Race Vouchers purchased during 2017 can continue to be used into 2018
Brendan LawlorDec 15 2017, 11:39amOnline entry is open now for this race and will close on December 22nd. We will be taking race vouchers but cannot take new registrations on the day , so please sign up (special €3 registration fee for this race and €7 for the race itself) if you plan to come along. If you plan to come along and just walk or jog the route yourself, you are more than welcome.

If you've run out of vouchers I'm sure someone will sell you a voucher stamp.. if you can't find your 2017 number then ask Santy and he might sort you out on Christmas Eve - if not we'll see what we can do for you on the 27th

We expect to see plenty of fancy dress and Santa hats as we remember our running pals who we lost this year

The Big Boss Gavan will update further next week
Gavan DohertyDec 21 2017, 5:01pmHi folks,

A quick update which is all up on the events page for the Djouce Rememberance race.

- Parking: the field beside the Djouce car park isn't available in winter, so we're all going to squeeze into the main car park. Can you please all car pool where possible from Kilmacanogue? If parking in Pluck's please park down the back so the front of their car park doesn't look full, putting other punters off.
- Registration closes tomorrow (Friday 22nd) at midnight. You have been warned. Bags of coal from Santa if you don't register in time!

Happy Christmas!
Andrew HanneyDec 21 2017, 5:22pmThanks Gavan. I’m not sure if Plucks car park opens that early, so people could possibly go to the estate behind. I think the church car park is a pay and display too.
Jean O'NeillDec 23 2017, 4:49pmI was talking to Louise Gomm today-Mike's daughter. She is coming to the race and would like to run. I doubt if she is registered. Other members of Mike's family are coming too, though probably not to run.
Trevor DavisDec 24 2017, 2:55pmHi guys,I'm not great on maps but am I correct in saying this run doesn't take in the mountain itself?...just asking due to injury...if we're doing Djouce i'll be at home eating mince pies instead.
Joe LalorDec 24 2017, 4:04pmCorrect, it never leaves the forest, very little climb.
This route is the remains of The Earls Drive from the days of the lords & ladies who did it by coach.
Trevor DavisDec 24 2017, 7:36pmCheers for the reply Joe,much appreciated
Jeff SwordsDec 26 2017, 1:34pmUnfortunately won't be on the right side of the country to make this so I'll be there in spirit, it's a great honour to the members that passed.
Andrew HanneyDec 26 2017, 1:49pmChristmas jumpers and mince pies are mandatory yes?
Angela FlynnDec 26 2017, 7:59pmchurch car park in Kilmacanogue is available for car pooling- turn right behind the pub. Please don't leavevvaluables in car or blblock access to priests house.
Gavan DohertyDec 26 2017, 9:54pm@Andy - not mandatory but strongly recommended!

Car pooling & parking;
- great if it suits to car pool from Kilmacanogue. Puck's aren't open at 10am but hopefully their gates will be (please park down the back). Church is also open (thanks Angela!) and there are various spots in Kilmac.
- if the forest car park fills up we have access to the forest. Park on the side of the road where it's wide enough to do so. Face downhill and turn cars after the race. To turn cars after the race continue down about 1km to a large crossroads where there's room to turn.
- Leave soon after the race or you'll be locked in! No long warm downs or other post-race escapades

See you tomorrow!
Gareth LittleDec 27 2017, 4:17pmGavan, thanks to you and the helpers for putting on a great race! I actually liked the reversal of the route too even though the last K was rough!

Happy new year to you all!!
Pól Ó MurchúDec 28 2017, 11:54pmMany thanks to Brendan, Gavan and Vivian for organising and for Miriam on laptop duties and all the other volunteers on the day. Unfortunately I was unable to attend myself but great to see those who have so sadly passed away during the year and over previous years remembered in such an appropriate way.

Results are up now. Apologies for any errors or omissions. Any changes to be made please drop me an email pol.omurchu (at) imra.ie.