Djouce (New Route from Djouce Woods)
- Djouce woods car park to Djouce
- Wednesday 14 June, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,3,2) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry opens:
- 2017-06-08 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2017-06-14 18:01:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Same route as 2016. Follow a clockwise loop within Djouce Woods. The route features steep climbing and even steeper descending. The out-and-back section along the Wicklow Way and on Djouce Mountain will not have marking tape, but does have Wicklow Way markers and marshals. The rest of the course will be marked with the usual red & yellow tape. Start and finish is at the big junction approx 1 km down the fire road from the car park.
- Getting There:
- Turn off N11 at Kilmacanogue onto R755 for Glendalough. After 1.5km, take the right hand turn for the R760 - Enniskerry/ Powerscourt Waterfall road sign. After 1.3km take a sharp left hand turn for the L1036 - Sally Gap/ Roundwood road sign. Race parking on the right hand side after 1.5km at Long Hill/ Lower Djouce Woods car park. Please park as directed by marshals. IF CARPOOLING FROM Plucks Pub In Kilmac, PLEASE PARK AT THE FAR END OF THE CAR PARK, WE WANT TO LEAVE SPACE FOR THE PUB'S OTHER CUSTOMERS.
- Organisers Instructions:
- All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES. Same detail can be found under "NEWS" on the IMRA home page. We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races. Kit Requirements: Official IMRA race number, jacket and chip timer attached to your shoe lace ideally. Race Registration: Register online (€7) - this option is available up to Tuesday June 13th till 18:00hrs. Register on the night - have your Race Voucher in hand or collect one you have bought online (you will need to present your purchase confirmation i.e. a print out or screen shot will be required showing your detail) in order to sign-in for the race. Registration/Sign-in on the night will open at 18:15 and close at 19:15 sharp. The race will start at 19:30 sharp. Please note, once you park, there is a walk of 1km down a fire road for registration/ the start line. Everyone running must SIGN IN on the night. Please write your name and race number clearly. This action allows us to account for everyone pre & post race. Also, only sign-in if you intend to run. Annual registration (€10) MUST be done online before 18:00hrs on Tuesday June 13th (if you have not raced yet this year). Race Route: The route will be the same as last year, see "route description". As above, you will have a walk of 1km from the car park to the start line. Early Start: There will be an early start at 19:00 Please only use it if you usually finish 160%+ of the winner. Anyone finishing within 160% of the winning time will have their time adjusted. If you wish to take the early start, please make this known when you are signing-in. Juniors: There will be a junior race - instructions on start times will be given on the night. Juniors will have the option of going out with the main group at 19:30 or a few minutes later if they wish. I will confirm further on the night. Bring: A jacket - it's mandatory. You will be DQ'd otherwise. Race Number and Race Chip - Collect yours at Reg. if you don't have either already. Race Voucher - if you have one. Parking: Car parking will be in Long Hill Wood Car Park, the area is small enough. We also have use of the green field beside the wood. As the wood car park reaches capacity, people will be asked to park in the field. There will be a charge of 2 Euro for those that need to make use of this green field. **No parking on the road way** Car park marshals will direct you.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Pluck's Pub Kilmacanogue OR in the wood car park if the weather permits on the night. I will confirm this on the day.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Hodgett||Alistair||Monkstown||Dun Laoghaire. Travelling out early as I'm volunteering.||17:10:00||4||1|
|Gonnelly||Paul||Stoneybatter||Stoneybatter, Prussia St Area||17:10:00||2||0|