- A 6km circular route submitting Brockagh East Top
- Sunday 12 February, 2017
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 4 (2,1,1) - Moderate Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Winter / Spring League
- Entry opens:
- 2017-01-28 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2017-02-11 00:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Short course / Junior course consists of a smaller loop. At the top of the grassy bank (2.5 km up), juniors and short course runners will turn left back down to the Wicklow Way instead of turning right up to Brockagh East summit.
- Getting There:
- Follow normal directions to the village of Laragh and drive past McCoy's Petrol Station. Once you see the turn-off for the Brockagh Centre watch out for a marshal directing you to parking in the field (on your right if coming into Laragh from Dublin or Wicklow, left if coming from Wicklow Gap). The race start is 1500 metres from there - walk towards the Brockagh Centre / Wicklow Way and follow directions from there.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Registration and parking is in Cullen's Field next to the Wicklow Heather Restaurant in Laragh. Registration will be open from 9:30 to 10:30. No late entries will be accepted.
Race start is on the crossroads with the Wicklow Way in Brockagh Woods. This is a 1 km run/walk from the registration, so please leave sufficient time to get there.
Please park here if possible. Overflow car parks can be found at Lynhams of Laragh and Laragh Woods entrance although these are limited.
We will be charging â‚¬2 per car which will be donated to the field's owner. Car pool as much as possible.
VOLUNTEERS: Please meet at 09:00 to leave us fifteen minute preparation time before registration opens. Meet at Brockagh Centre entrance
Notice regarding early start As this race is under 8k there is strictly no early starts, the race gets underway for everyone at 11:00.
- Prizegiving Location:
- The River Room, Lynhams of Laragh, Laragh, Co. Wicklow
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Gonnelly||Paul||Prussia St Stoneybatter||Stoneybatter||08:15:00||2||0|
|Clarke||John||Perrystown dublin 12||Marlay park, Stepaside,Enniskerry||08:50:00||3||3|
|Whyte||Paul||Clontarf||Fairview, Town, n11||08:15:00||2||2|