- Trooperstown Summer route
- Wednesday 1 July, 2015
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Getting There:
- Take the M50 Southbound, get off at the Roundwood exit (Kilmacanogue) and follow the signs towards Laragh, drive through Annemoe and follow the bend left. 1.5km further down (keep the River Inchavore on your left), youll see a brown sign saying "Trooperstown", turn in here and follow the minor road to the car park at the river before the stone bridge. Grid ref for parking: T 158 969. CARPOOL: Carpooling from Roundwood is mandatory, there is on-road parking as you enter the village and some at the prize-giving location 'The Coach House'. WARNING: Single occupancy cars will be directed to park in Laragh and jog to the registration / start (1.6km). Follow Marshall's directions at all times or you will be reported as a DNF.
- Organisers Instructions:
- The same route as 2013.
An out-and back route. No loops this time. Start down the fire road, across the bridge, turn right and immediately left up the singletrack down which we normally finish. Follow this up to the upper fire road, left onto this and follow it up to the tarmac road. Right along this for a couple of hundred metres as far as the mast, then left onto open mountain trail. Turn right up the steep climb up Trooperstown Hill (original version of race used to go straight on and skirt the hill). Junior/short course turn will be at the cairn on Trooperstown Hill. Main race goes straight on, with some small ups and downs leading out to "Boots" (396 m on OS maps). From here, turn around and return by the outward route. Finish will be in the usual place
i.e. Before you cross the bridge and return to the start point,
Care needed on sections of tarmac and fire road which are public road - there may be cars etc.
Also need to take care on steep descent from Trooperstown Hill on the return leg.
Full course about 9 km, 430 m.
Short course about 5 km, 280 m.
All junctions will be clearly marked.
Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
- Prizegiving Location:
- The Coach House Roundwood. Reserved section
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Name||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|Bram Jansen||Ratoath||M3/M50/M11 Red Cow Luas at 18:10.||17:40:00||4||0|
|Keith Mulvey||Dublin City eircom 1HSQ-Military Rd D8 (Near Heuston Station)||N4-M50-Kilmacanogue||17:30:00||3||0|
|Elizabeth Wheeler||Eastpoint||Sandymount, Blackrock and beyond||17:30:00||3||0|
|Liam Costello||Lad Lane / Wilton Place||N11, Donnybrook (need to leave early as volunteering)||17:15:00||3||1|
|Vivian O'Gorman||Sandyford Luas - Coachhouse, Roundwoox||17:45:00||2||0|
|Damien McParland||UCD||N11, Kilmac, Roundwood||17:45:00||2||0|
|Mags Fitzgerald||Balally Luas Stop||17:45:00||4||3|
|Val Jones||Airside, Swords, outside DID||red cow luas stop||17:15:00||4||3|
|David Rouse||St Stephen's Green||Leeson St, Donnybrook, N11||17:50:00||2||2|