Nav challenge 2 Black Hill
- Second race of annual nav challenge league
- Sunday 30 August, 2015
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 9 (3,3,3) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Navigational Challenge
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Getting There:
- Car Pool at Lacken Church (beside Zellars pub) In Lacken follow the church sign and park in an orderly fashion. PLEASE fill every car as we have limited space up at the top. See map.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Registration opens 10:00.
Mass start at 11.00. Early start available at 10:30.
If you own an SI timing chip bring it, if not, we will supply you with a timing chip. You must clear you chip before you start.
We will supply you with a map and control points will be marked on it. You must visit the control points in order and punch your timing chip at each one.
At the FINISH punch the Finish control and go straight to download and get your time. This is also a safety check and lets us know that everyone is off the mountain.
Long Course 15.0km, 570m climb: 5 control points physical course with demanding navigation Short Course 5.2km 229m climb: 5 control points, easy navigation
Compulsory Kit Whistle, Compass, Hat/Buff & Cagoole/ Jacket.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize