- Saturday 11 November, 2023
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 9 (3,3,3) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Route Description:
- Long course will be the classic course - from Crone Woods - up over Maulin peak - run down to the Dargle river - up Djouce - down around the shoulder and back the Wicklow way to the finish. Full map to follow. Short route: 7.78km 411m: Short course Link: https://www.strava.com/routes/3014650165648774090 Long route: 15.38km 883m Long course link: https://www.strava.com/routes/3014651467721578040
- Getting There:
- Please carpool as much as possible - 3 to 4 per car if possible. Parking is very limited and other groups such as hikers use this Crone woods car park as well.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race registration is opening at 09:15 and will close at 10:15. There will be an EARLY start at 10.00 AM. This will be for runners who are 160% of winning time or more to run the full course. There will be a SHORT course race going at same time as the MAIN EVENT course at 10.30 AM. Route will mainly not be marked. We will mark a short section from half way upthe Maulin ride to ensure runners are guided to top of Maulin . Short course runner turn at the junction leading on to Wicklow way - before descending down to the Dargle river. The MAIN EVENT course race will start at 10.30 AM.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Prizegiving location will be the Royal Hotel in Bray. Followed by the AGM. There will be hot food, tea and coffee for all. Also there will be sport prizes. There will be free parking available for that in the Ravenswell Road Carpark in Bray: https://maps.app.goo.gl/dy1LG3EuUuJNKhBJ6?g_st=ic
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize