Irish Mountain
Running Association

Powerscourt Ridge

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brian FureyOct 14 2023, 9:31pmShout out for a few more volunteers for Powerscourt Ridge race on Saturday November 11th.

More information on the race to follow.
Thanks,
Brian
Brian FureyOct 15 2023, 9:57pmEvent Details Page updated with race & route details
Brian FureyOct 18 2023, 10:16pmThanks to those who have volunteered - need a few more non-running volunteers if possible!

Few instructions (which are also on Event Details page):

Early Start for Long course starts at 10 am
Main long course starts at 10.30
Short Course runners will start separately just after the Main event at 10.30.

There is no switching mid-race from long course to short course. Failure to complete your designated races means DNF.

<br>

The mandatory kit is:
Waterproof Jacket
Map of route
Compass
Whistle
Hat
Gloves
There will be kit check on the day to ensure you have the required kit and that your jacket is decent level waterproof.

<br>

There will be chip timing so bring you chip for your shoe.
Race registration is opening at 09:15 and will close at 10:15. Early starters will get priority for registration.

<br>
Ciaran McAleenanOct 29 2023, 11:46amGood morning,
Is there a date yet for when entries will open?
Thanks.
Ciarán
Brian FureyOct 30 2023, 6:38pmHi Ciaran they should be open next Saturday. I'm working with Con to have them open from them. Will update in here once they open.
Brian FureyOct 30 2023, 9:08pmI've updated the plotaroute short and long course on the event details page slightly (just the start).

Required kit on the day will be Jacket, gloves, hat and a whistle.

You can always carry extra things like food and water and mobile phone if you want yourself.

Thanks
Brian
Anna GalloNov 1 2023, 9:13amHi,
I subscribed for the wrong race, I was planning to join this one on the 11th, but I subscribed for the Nav Challenge on the 4th of November. Is it possible to make a change from my profile? Thanks a lot, Anna
Henny BrandsmaNov 3 2023, 3:36pmHi Brian, I added my name to the volunteers list, don't mind to do the carparking and finishline like last year. Henny
Brian FureyNov 3 2023, 5:04pmThanks Henny. Car park marshalling would be great for you. I've enough volunteers now. Thanks folks.

Entries should be open at 9am in the morning.
Graham ColmerNov 6 2023, 1:45pmHi, would anyone happen to be travelling from north side of Dublin to this race ? I can be flexible on where to meet and can share fuel/toll costs. Thanks
Alicia Christofi-WalsheNov 6 2023, 2:18pm*** Kit Donations ***
Hi Everyone, At She Summits, as part of our Summit Supports Programme we're starting a trail run/hike pilot series this week at a West Wicklow DP Centre. One of the barriers that participants face in taking part is proper kit. So far we've had a great response from the trail running community, thank you everyone. We do still need running coats, bottoms and trail runners (for men & women). Anne-Marie Masterson is kindly setting up a donation box for us at Saturday's race. All donations greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Alicia 087 666 6632
Obigraf DaskalovNov 7 2023, 10:09pmHello, first time here. Will be traveling from the Naul are north Co Dublin.
Not sure where to park for car pool? Also where do I pick up chip? And where can I buy the compulsory map? Apologies for all questions. I am looking forward to this run. Than you!
Brian FureyNov 7 2023, 10:33pmHi Obigraf,

We have cut back on required kit a bit.

Waterproof Jacket, Hat, Gloves and whistle are the required kit. If you don't have a whistle then mobile phone charged will do instead.
It's not required to carry a map although is recommended and a good habit.
The race is mainly on good trails.

The course is on this east west map:

https://eastwestmapping.ie/product/dublin-mountains/

You pick up chip on the day at registration along with your ace number.

Thanks
Brian
Mick HanneyNov 8 2023, 7:48amRegistration information for Race Day.

When registration opens in Crone wood for the race, we'll prioritse the early starters. These are long course runners who would normally be over 160% of race winner time. Most runners will do the main race start.

If you are a new runner for IMRA, you'll get your race no and tiiming chip (to affix on your running shoe). You retain your race no. and timing chip for re-use.

For the main start registration, you will be asked if you are doing the long (normal) course or the short course. Note: there is no short-course, early start option.

When you finish the race please have your race no. visible and run (or walk) over the timing mat..

Hope everyone enjoys the race.
Arthur GreeneNov 8 2023, 11:01amHi all,

First run that mentions 'chip timing'. Are chips provided on the day or how does one go about getting one for the race?

Thanks a mil,
Arthur
Brian FureyNov 8 2023, 11:31amYou'll receive it at race registration if it's your first race Arthur
Arthur GreeneNov 8 2023, 11:47amThanks Brian
Joe LalorNov 8 2023, 3:58pmHi Graham, have you been sorted with a lift yet?
I can pick you up at Blackrock Dart or Sandford Luas if you don't get a better offer.
Text to O861O57O97
Brian FureyNov 8 2023, 6:43pmHi folks,

There will not be a raffle after the race this weekend. With the AGM and everything we will be tight for time so it's better to skip it for this race. There will be soup sandwiches etc post race AGM venue in Bray.

Thanks
Brian
James TuckerNov 9 2023, 1:54pmHi Everyone,

The mandatory kit will be checked at race registration so please make sure you bring it up to the registration desk with you to avoid any delays.

The mandatory kit is:
Waterproof Jacket
Whistle (or charged mobile phone)
Hat
Gloves
Brian FureyNov 9 2023, 7:00pmFinal Instructions before the Race:

*** It is a new route as far as Maulin this year. Please review maps in Event details. It starts in Crone Woods and follows a different route to the top if Maulin. From Maulin, the route is exact same as previous years. As it a new section - there will be markers to follow as far as Maulin.

Early start will go off at 10.00 am.

Main race starts at 10.30 am.

Short course starts just after main race.

Registration will open at 9.15. It will close at 10.15 for the main race.

We will be using Chip Timing so bring your chip to registration. If you are first time runner - you will get a chip at registration.

Required Kit will be Waterproof Jacket, Hat, Gloves and Whistle/Mobile phone. Please bring them to registration desk as per James so we can verify. Also we will do some spot checks before race start on this.

Parking: Parking is tight so if possible please Carpool with others. Follow car park Marshalls instructions for parking.

Get there early: Registration opens at 9.15 - try get there early so we can process everyone efficiently.

There will be a table setup for Kit donations to Direct Provision center runners there somewhere setup near registration. Refer to Alicia's message earlier on this forum - bring any running kit you would like to donate to a good cause.

Prizegiving for the race will be at the finish line in Crone Woods.

AGM will be in the Royal Hotel in Bray afterwards. Soup and sandwiches will be served there for everyone after the race.
Brian FureyNov 9 2023, 7:22pmOne more thing folks..

As per event details page: the race you sign in for is the race you will get a result for. There is no Changing course mid race. If you change course mid race for example from long course to short course then you will get a DNF. This is to help simplify results process and admin efforts in getting results up.

Thanks
Enda MaguireNov 10 2023, 7:32amThis will be my first imra race this year, so will require a new number. Will i receive this at registration? I already have a chip from previous years so all good on that front!
TIA
Brian FureyNov 10 2023, 8:02amHi yes you will also receive your new number at registration.
Louis MulleeNov 10 2023, 10:26amNote Race Instructions: "Please carpool as much as possible - 3 to 4 per car if possible. Parking is very limited and other groups such as hikers use this Crone woods car park as well."

There are currently 15 lifts on offer in the car pool section,
Stuart ScottNov 10 2023, 10:44amLouis, should that not be 21? You're forgetting Stephen and Michael have offered to perform an amazing circus trick of driving two cars each at the same time!
Stephen BrennanNov 10 2023, 1:43pmNo takers for either car so far :)
Brian FureyNov 10 2023, 3:56pmStephen feel free to car pool with Obigraf. Lot of people car pool offline so ye could club together
Obigraf DaskalovNov 10 2023, 6:57pmI could pick up Stephen Brenan from Donabate, but I want to make it for the early start (I'm rather slow) and first timer. And I will be rushing straight back after the race. If that suits txt me or WhatsApp 0857307394.
Andrew McGibbonNov 10 2023, 8:27pmI have just noticed the chip requirement. Unfortunately, I don't have a chip. I am a member of IMRA & NIMRA and have entered the race. Is it still ok? I am travelling from Belfast and just wanted to check.
Brendan LawlorNov 10 2023, 9:00pmAndrew, you’ll get sorted with a chip at Registration tomorrow, don’t worry
noel bolandNov 10 2023, 10:45pmare poles allowed
Mikey FryNov 10 2023, 11:07pmOnly if your skiing:))
noel bolandNov 11 2023, 8:16am;-)
Sean ForsythNov 11 2023, 1:39pmThanks very much Brian and crew for today's race. It was a cracker. I really enjoyed it.. except for all them pesky hills.

Thankfully the weather held up for all the volunteers out on course, big thanks to them all for the encouragement.
Colm HassettNov 11 2023, 2:16pmThanks to Brian and all the team for organising today's event, it was great
Stephen BrennanNov 11 2023, 3:42pmThanks Brian. What a lovely course and perfect weather. I've been injured a lot this year. It's great to be back out. Thanks to everyone who helped out.
Adrian FarrellNov 11 2023, 4:42pmThanks Brian and all the IMRA crew ,today was my first event and really enjoyed it , everything was really well organised and executed.
Well done guys
Gerry McGuinnessNov 11 2023, 5:20pmThanks to Brian and crew for a great race today. Not evert RD can organise perfect weather .
Maike JürgensNov 11 2023, 6:35pmThanks Brian and team for a great day out. Much alpreciated so we could enjoy the views.
I’ll get that tin off you when suits. If i pick it up there is risk of more biscuit sharing.
Warren SwordsNov 11 2023, 6:41pmThanks to Brian and team for a great race.

The route choice from start to Maulin summit was fantastic. Real leg burne but hugely enjoyable zig zagging up. I
Obigraf DaskalovNov 11 2023, 6:51pmThank you all involved in organising today's race. Really well done and combined with good weather and route made for a fantastic first time! experience
noel bolandNov 11 2023, 8:20pmWhat a beautiful day for running, just my second run out with IMRA and I will be back for many more, thank you to all the people who gave their time to make this happen, amazing.
Robbie WilliamsNov 11 2023, 10:49pmThank you Brian and volunteering crew. Super to see the views over Wicklow and Dublin today. Route was class, loved the zig zags and Maulin climb , will defo go back for more of that.
Brian FureyNov 12 2023, 2:31amGreat day out. Thanks to all volunteers on the day who helped make the race happen. Thanks to all who ran and got around it. Great to get a nice mild day for it. Conor will have to results up in the next day or two. I had a great team behind me and I'm glad everyone liked the change to the approach to Maulin.

Top 3 in women's:

1: Sarah McCormack
2 Emer Perkins
3 Aoife McCavana

Top 3 in mens:
1st Killian Mooney
2nd: Colm Moran
3rd: Mark McAdden
Alicia Christofi-WalsheNov 12 2023, 7:31amCongratulations to everyone on your races and the organisers, it sounds like it was a great morning on the hills. Huge thank you to all who donated to our Summit Supports kit drive. We got a fantastic response. After we inventory donations, we'll see where we're lacking and possibly have a collection point at the Djouce run 27th Dec. Thank you all again.
Elizabeth WheelerNov 12 2023, 9:58amHi Guys
Thanks for. great race yesterday.
I don’t suppose anyone found a pair of red inov-8’s in the lower carpark? after the race?
Thanks, Elizabeth
Brian FureyNov 12 2023, 11:00amHi Liz I have them I think. Red size 9 inov8s? If they are yours,Give me a shout on 08 seven 2 8 3 4 three 08 and will get them to you. Thanks
Mary CollinsNov 12 2023, 4:51pmThanks Brian and all your volunteers, parking duties, per and post race duties and those out on course marshaling. Very well organized .
Mick HanneyNov 16 2023, 7:27pmThanks Conor for getting the results up.

If my maths are right there are 200 listed in the results, but there was only 199 registered on the laptop at start time, so someone missed the laptop step. Its very important that you sign in and visit the laptop at registration, from a race organisation and safety point of view.