- Saturday 9 September, 2023
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (3,2,3) - Difficult Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route involves a ANTICLOCKWISE loop of Knocknaclohoge Mountain and then a straight up and down of Fancy Mountain. It includes some open mountain where tracks a feint or none existent. The route is fully marked with tape and flags at the main junctions and to guide where there are no obvious tracks. More detailed route description: Start south along the track and across two bridges, then turn right through a field gate, go up through a steep field and through a second gate. Then follow a track along the north side of Knocnaclohoge Mountain, above and parallel to Clohoge Brook. After approximately 2K from the start you will turn left and head south along a feint track and go up to the top of Knocnaclohoge (small cairn on top of a tor). From the top head SOUTHEAST along a feint track back down, before rejoining the track and turning right and continuing back to the field to complete a loop. Continue back through the gates and across the bridge (Clohoge Brook). 5k done, only 4k to go. With the start/finish in sight turn left and start the ascent. Fancy Mountain. Go through a gate and follow the main track up Fancy Mountain. The top is the small cairn. The final descent is steep and very fast (if your legs can keep up) SAME ROUTE UP AND DOWN back to finish line.
- Getting There:
- Parking is located opposite pier gates in the main car park. Registration will be at the car park. The race start and finish is located at the bottom of the tarmac road just past the farm house, a 10 minute walk from registration. No vehicular access into Luggala.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Sign-in on the morning of the race will take place in the car park opposite Pier Gates. Sign-in closes at 9:40 to allow volunteers get set up for the start. The race start is at the bottom of the tarmac road in Luggala, just after the Farm House.
- Prizegiving Location:
- At the finish line.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize