Killiney Hill Relay Charity Race
- Wednesday 2nd May, 2018
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Getting There:
- Killiney Hill Park, Killiney Grid Ref: O 260 260
- Organisers Instructions:
- This is a great fun event for all levels and ages. Everybody is welcome and encouraged to come along. All proceeds from the race go to Charity. If you are new to hillrunning, it will be a great way to get to know some people and give hill running a go. Registration is at the Main Killiney / Dalkey Hill Car Park/ There is parking available (Car park entrance on city side of Fitzpatrick's Hotel) but please try to car pool or use public transport (Dalkey Dart is probably about 15 mins walk) to minimise impact on other users of the park. Race will start at 7.30 so we will close registration at 7:15 as teams will need to be picked beforehand. Teams of three people will be selected randomly which generally adds to the sociability and enjoyment of the occasion. Route takes in two climbs and some super scenic spots. Race entry fee will be donated to Burren Chernobyl Project. After race prize giving will be held at Fitzpatrick's Castle Hotel which is just a 5 min walk from race start. Registration for this event is only available online from www.imra.ie and is available until 1700 on Tuesday 12th April 2015. Please refer to the news item on the home page for further details regarding entering an IMRA event. PLEASE NOTE THAT RACE VOUCHERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS RACE. Only advance pre registration is available.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Subject to dry weather, prizegiving will take place immediately after the race at the finish line. We will have some light refreshments (cake and juice) for you to enjoy. Anyone who fancies a drink after should head to Fitzpatrick's Castle Hotel which is 5 mins walk from the start.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Dart Station, Bakers Corner (46A).