Irish Mountain
Running Association

Killiney Hill Relay Charity Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Paul O'GradyApr 12 2018, 12:28pmGood afternoon

We have filled our volunteer requirement at this stage.

If any volunteer can switch to a first aid role, please let me know.

All the best

Paul
Lindsey HeppenstallApr 12 2018, 12:50pmHi Paul,
I can do First Aid.
Thanks
Lindsey
Lindsey HeppenstallApr 12 2018, 12:50pmHi Paul,
I can do First Aid.
Thanks
Lindsey
Andrew HanneyApr 12 2018, 2:05pmThis is a great event..... just wondering can it be added ASAP to the list of products to encourage participation...
Phil behanApr 19 2018, 9:27pmHi, would love to join this with my daughter ( aged 7). Im already registered but will I now need to register her so she has a race number ? Also, is it ok for her to run with me or will she be in another team ? Thanks. Phil
Kevin O'RiordanApr 22 2018, 6:47pmHi all,

We have opened registration for this event.

There was some discussion over whether we go with the usual 7 euro per race and require membership or go with 10 euro but not require membership in order to attract people who only want to run the charity race this year and no other races. We have decided to go with the 10 euro and no membership required option.
Phil behanApr 23 2018, 1:53pmHi, how do I register my daughter ? Can she register under my account or do i have to register her separately ? On my own account I can only purchase 1 race voucher. Thanks.P
Ruairí LongApr 23 2018, 4:40pmHi all,
Just wondering re the €10 entry price. I see this is available for purchase through myIMRA. Will people be able to pay this in cash at the race or only through myIMRA as for all other races? In short do new runners still require a myIMRA account to run the race?
Thanks, Ruairi
Paul O'GradyApr 26 2018, 7:51pmGood evening Everyone,

Our Race Marker volunteer had to pull out unfortunately.

Can anyone else mark the Course?

Many thanks

Paul
Warren SwordsApr 26 2018, 7:54pmI can mark it.
Paul O'GradyApr 27 2018, 7:44amGreat, thank you Warren
Angela FlynnApr 27 2018, 10:13amHi all,
The charity this race is supporting is the Burren Chernobyl project. It's a small charity based in Ennistymon, Co. Clare, run by Br. Liam O' Meara. The charity supports 4 orphanages in Belarus. 2 Childrens and 2 adult asylums, most with profound physical and intellectual disabilities. I volunteered there last summer and am returning again with 12 students from Transition year from St Mary's, Arklow (where I work) at the end of May. There are no therapeutic interventions at the orphanages, so we will be feeding the bed bound children, providing sensory play, playing football, taking some out on day trips out, massage, cards etc.Your money will be well spent ON the children there. (Our students are funding their trips themselves).Hope to see as many of you at the race next week and thanks to the RD and volunteers in advance. Angela
Jim FitzharrisApr 27 2018, 11:27amWell done Angela!

I think it would be worth reminding those who do not plan to attend the race that they can purchase an entry anyway as this is a donation to the very worthy cause!

I have purchased an entry and will run in spirit!

Cheers,

Jim.
Caitlin BentApr 30 2018, 1:08pmHi Paul, will have to cry off volunteering at Killiney Hill, due to a back injury. Hope all goes well on Wednesday. Always a good buzz, and such a good cause.
Peter ParkerApr 30 2018, 7:33pmHi. Is any team looking for a runner?
Gordon PlaceApr 30 2018, 8:02pmHi Peter,
I think you just turn up and teams are picked at random, names out of a hat. More a fun night
Siobhán LyonsApr 30 2018, 10:54pm2 questions please:
1)Is it 2.5k between the 3 runners on the team Or 2.5k per runner?
2) Do I wear my IMRA number and race chip?
Thank you,
Siobhan Lyons.
Paul O'GradyMay 1 2018, 8:11amFYI, the map of the event location is incorrect - it is on Killiney Hill, not North Bull Island.

Siobhan, each team member runs the loop, so it is three laps of the loop!

Bring your number and chip. I’m not sure if we will use the timing system, we might just record it by hand.

Thanks

Paul
Paul O'GradyMay 1 2018, 8:28amCould all volunteers please be there for 6.30
Paul O'GradyMay 1 2018, 5:00pmDoes anyone have a number for CAOIMHIN MACMAOLAIN, or is someone tasked with bringing the race kit to tomorrow’s race?
Caoimhin MacMaolainMay 1 2018, 6:53pmI am passing the kit on to Angela this evening and she will bring it with her tomorrow.
Andrew HanneyMay 1 2018, 9:42pmI will bring labels and markers for writing the team numbers.
Siobhán LyonsMay 2 2018, 12:02amThanks Paul. See you tmrw!
Paul O'GradyMay 2 2018, 8:59pmCan Alan Hughes please call Henry Dobbin on 01 802 8845. You hopefully have his keys.
Conor O'FarrellMay 3 2018, 10:09amGreat event last night as usual. Thanks to a Paul and all the volunteers.

Con
Caoimhin MacMaolainMay 3 2018, 1:50pmThanks very much to Paul and all the volunteers for a great event last night. Really enjoyable evening.
Angela FlynnMay 3 2018, 8:33pmHi all
Just to let you know, total donations both online and cash on the night came to 625 eoro. A really big thank you to all who contributed. A special thanks to Paul O'Grady RD and volunteers.
Bronagh CheethamMay 4 2018, 12:11amPaul - do you still have the kit or did anyone take it for Bray for me. I know the laptop was been taken care of and we didn't need marking kit.
tks Bronagh
Bronagh CheethamMay 4 2018, 12:11amPaul - do you still have the kit or did anyone take it for Bray for me. I know the laptop was been taken care of and we didn't need marking kit.
tks Bronagh
tks Bronagh
Paul O'GradyMay 4 2018, 8:15amThanks Bronagh

Angela took the kit with her for Bray.

All the best for next week
Angela FlynnMay 4 2018, 9:12amAll the gear including laptop was collected by Oliver(?) Driving a Silver 7 seater.