Irish Mountain
Running Association

B&I Under 18

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gerry BradyJul 13 2010, 10:51pmThe venue for the British and Irish race on September 19th has been finalised as Glendalough, County Wicklow.

The trial races to select the under 16 (born 1994-1995) and 18 (born 1992-1993) teams will be held on 7th August (it is the same race as the trial to select the junior teams for the World championships).

Plenty of volunteers and course marshalls will be needed, and of course supporters to cheer on the runners from all five countries. Hopefully we will have four strong teams representing Ireland against the best of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Aidan BligheJul 18 2010, 11:02pmHi Gerry,
I will bring my camera and take photos for this event as well as marshall if you want.
Gerry BradyAug 17 2010, 11:46pmThere is an easy training run this Saturday (21st) on the British and Irish junior international course. Meet at the upper lake car park in Glendalough at 11:00 ready to run. Bring a change of clothing and rain jacket. The training run is open to all juniors (not just team members).

The selected runners have been notified by email and the teams will be posted to the IMRA website after they confirm their availability.
Vivian O' GormanAug 19 2010, 11:32pm
Hi Folks,

The British and Irish Junior Mountain Running Championships are being held in Glendalough this year. The races will be run on Camaderry Mountain on Sunday 19th
September.

We are looking for Volunteers - plenty of Volunteers - for every position - start,finish,first aid, course marshalls etc.

The first race will be at 9.15am and it will be all over before lunch!

You can volunteer through myimra or text me 087 4150398.

Its a great exciting day and well worth having a look at!
Gerry BradyAug 22 2010, 10:56pmCongratulations to the following teams that have been selected for the British and Irish under 16 and 18 championships:

Under 16 girls
Clare McCarthy (DSD)
Sorcha Humphreys (DSD)
Claire Brennan (Celtic DCH)
Meghan Ryan (DSD)

Under 16 boys
Killian Mooney (DSD)
Kevin Brennan (St. Abbans)
Graham Power (St. Laurence O Toole)
Daniel Lawler (St. Laurence O Toole)
Reserve: Brian Conway (DSD)

Under 18 girls
Catherina Mullen (Shercock AC)
Niamh Denny (DSD)
Sinead Cronin (Celtic DCH)
Breda McDonald (North Laois)

Under 18 boys
James Egan (DSD)
John Murphy (Gowran)
Kevin Dooney (Raheny Shamrocks)
Stephen Gibney (DSD)
Vivian O'GormanSep 15 2010, 5:58pm
Hi Folks,

The British and Irish Juniors are coming! - hopefully so is a spot of good
weather!

Could all the volunteers be at the upper car park in Glendalough on Sunday next
at 8.30am Myself and Peter O'Farrell will meet you there.

Just in case bring wet gear and a change of clothes.

Thanks and see you Sunday.
John ShielsSep 19 2010, 4:32pmphotos from today's race are up under the three events, under 14's, under 16's and the under 18's are under the main race entry.
If you want to get shots for your local paper or want to buy prints mail me at john@actionphotography.ie
Peter O'FarrellSep 19 2010, 7:43pmThe future is bright, very bright.
Some fantastic performances from all the juniors today - great running, well done and I fear for all us non-juniors once ye graduate to the senior ranks.
It's always inspiring to see pure 100% effort with no fear of blowing up - keep her lit!
Gerry BradySep 19 2010, 11:26pmDetailed race report on British and Irish now up. Congratulations to the runners, managers, volunteers and supporters who made it a day to remember.
Jason KehoeSep 20 2010, 11:57amMore photos of the U14, U16 and U18 turnaround points.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jason.Kehoe/BRITISHANDIRISHJUNIORCAMADERRY19thSept2010?feat=directlink

Well done to all the runners, some hard fought battles throughout the field.

Cheers,
Jason
Mike WillisSep 20 2010, 3:36pmHi Gerry
Struggling to access the results for the juniors, it seems to put up the seniors results for all age categories.
Thanks
Mike, Scarborough AC (Had 2 athletes running)
Gerry BradySep 20 2010, 5:19pmMike

Try these links:

Under 14: http://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/813/tab/results
Under 16: http://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/814/tab/results
Under 18: http://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/789/tab/results

The team results are in the race report for the under 18 races and also available as a News item on the home page. The photos are generally also separated into three separate events for under 14/16/18 as above.

Would everyone reading this (who is in myimra) please tag 10 photographs from the under 16 and 18 races :-)
mags greenanSep 20 2010, 11:03pmI have just been watching a feast of fantastic photos by John Shiels on the race yesterday( some are worthy of framing!). I can now appreciate the effort all the Irish team put into their running. Well done to all- we are very proud of you. Despite the weather I think we can all give ourselves a clap on the back that we put on a great show. It was a great team effort.
Keep a good look out for the events page for the All Ireland schools which will be coming up shortly. The original date of Oct 13th may change to a little later. I have one medium Irish track top and a green and a white Irish t-shirt which I will bring to the schools race.
Dermot MurphySep 21 2010, 8:31amWell done to all Irish juniors at the weekend - some great performances in there. Also well done to all the organisers and volunteers who helped out on the day - despite the rain, it was clearly a well organised event and a credit to you all!