Irish Mountain
Running Association

Scalp

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Jeffery HealyMay 13 2009, 11:19pmRef. First Aid Officer, do I need to bring my own first aid kit?
Kevin O'RiordanMay 13 2009, 11:27pmHi Jeffrey. There'll be an IMRA first aid kid provided. There's a description of the role linked off the Volunteer page here: http://www.imra.ie/volunteering/role/id/3/

-Kevin.
Jeffery HealyMay 15 2009, 5:46pmThanks, have all the info now. What time should I be there for on the day?
Kevin O'RiordanMay 19 2009, 1:21pmHi Jeffery. Ideally 6pm as we might need some help before the race depending on the number of helpers on the night. If you can't make it for then, then any time before 7:30 to make sure you're setup for when the first runners arrive back.

Thanks,
Kevin
Jeffery HealyMay 20 2009, 11:12pmNo problem, 6 o clock it is. Thanks
Kevin O'RiordanMay 21 2009, 12:15amWould anyone know what the story is with the Kilternan Sports Hotel these days? I was hoping to get use of the car park this year like we did before the building started. Was around there this evening however and they've security at the entrance to the car park and I was told the "hotel was closed" when I asked to drive in to call up. If anyone knows if the place is still in business, or would know how to get in contact with whoever administers the car park, it would be great. Otherwise, it's parking in the field again this year.
seamus kilcullenJun 1 2009, 10:58pmI'd like to volunteer as a helper for Scalp
Seamus Kilcullen
Rene BorgJun 1 2009, 11:13pmHi Seamus,

I've added you to the list.
Diarmuid O'ColmainJun 4 2009, 9:19amWould Kevin (race director for Scalp) please contact me at docolmain at gmail dot com or 087 2413303. (Diarmuid O'Colmain)
Brendan McLoughlinJun 9 2009, 12:41pmHi

What is the terrain like for tomorrows race? I currently only have road shoes and was planning on heading out to it.

B
Kevin O'RiordanJun 9 2009, 12:52pmHi Brendan,

You shouldn't have any problems doing the race in road shoes.

-Kevin.
Brendan McLoughlinJun 9 2009, 1:36pmThanks Kevin
Kevin O'RiordanJun 9 2009, 5:12pmThanks to everyone who has volunteered to help out. Can all the helpers be at the registration area at 6pm tomorrow? Let me know if you can't make it for that time (My e-mail address is on my runner's profile).

-Kevin.
Kevin O'RiordanJun 9 2009, 8:31pmJust some points to note.

I've been informed that there are stop and go roadworks on the Enniskerry Road at Stepaside so allow plenty of time if coming that way.

There is NO parking at the race start. Use field only for parking (preferably car pool from Palmers in Kilternan to here).
Marlon DaviesJun 10 2009, 3:47pmIs anybody picking up from any of the dart stops for this race...I hope I can go!!!
niamh O CeallaighJun 10 2009, 4:01pmHi Marlon,

My Mum is collecting me at Glenageary station at 6.10 to head up. You are very welcome to a lift ... plus dying to hear all your news!!!

Have lost your email address.

niamh dot oceallaigh at arup dot com

Niamh
Gary CondonJun 10 2009, 11:21pmMany thanks for getting the results posted so quick. A great race despite the cold shower beforehand!
Kevin O'RiordanJun 10 2009, 11:49pmDidn't get a chance to say it tonight but thanks a million to the volunteers and everyone else who helped out on the night.

-Kevin.
Rene BorgJun 11 2009, 9:50amClub results for this event are now up in the Reports Section. Overall results updated on the Leinster League results page.
John BarryJun 11 2009, 12:23pmA big well done to Kevin and his fine crew of volunteers..

Another expertly run race. IMRA should be proud of themselves.

Barry's big white sign was a nice touch. Pity he wasn't there.. We don't want any more lost souls!!

/John

Rene BorgJun 12 2009, 1:20pmRevised club results have been posted for this event. Tumbleweeds had two "new" members that we didn't catch until now.

The change means they move up to 7th with Glenasmole dropping to 8th.