Irish Mountain
Running Association

Bray Head

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan McLoughlinApr 13 2009, 11:54amHi

Is the race start walkable from the Dart station? I want to avoid brining my car if possible,

Thanks
Brendan
John ShielsApr 13 2009, 11:56amyes, the start is about 10 minutes walk from the DART station.
Jimmy SynnottApr 13 2009, 1:09pmHi,

I wish to Volunteer for this event as First aid officer but cant do it on the web site. Dont see the Volunteer button on the event details page.

Jimmy
Dermot MurphyApr 13 2009, 2:37pmHi Jimmy - you need to be registered to my IMRA in order to volunteer. I can do this for you but I will need your mobile number - can you text it to me at 087 7445475?
Eoin O'NeillApr 13 2009, 3:15pmHi Dermot,
can you register for myimra as well?
Thanks
keith hearyApr 13 2009, 4:32pmhi,

could i also be registered or invited to my imra by someone, thanks

keith heary 087 2745344
Keith HearyApr 13 2009, 4:46pmhi

thanks for inviting me kevin
Brendan McLoughlinApr 15 2009, 3:29pmHi

For your first ever IMRA run should I just turn up on the day or is pre-registration required?

Thanks for the help John BTW.

B

Mick HanneyApr 15 2009, 3:42pmRegistration is possible before any and every race. Arrive early though if you need to do so and you'll save time if you have filled in the form (downloadable from this site) if you have never run an imra race before.
Dermot MurphyApr 15 2009, 3:45pmBrendan, you can just turn up on the night to register. Try to get there as early as you can, Bray will be quite busy with new registered runners as its the start of the summer league.
Brendan McLoughlinApr 15 2009, 4:24pmThanks Guys
Mick HanneyApr 17 2009, 8:09pmFolks,

If you intend running in Bray and you have never run an imra race before please use the form link on the forum here to print off the 2009 entry form and arrive on the evening early with the form completed. This will greatly facilitate the registration process. Please fill in the form as completely as possible including any club allegiance and your nominated county, as these all count when it comes to reporting on race results throughout the season.

Everyone can help the process by arriving with exact change for registration (10 euro) and race fee (7 euro)... the best value 7 euro in town.

Cheers.

Mick
Paul KellyApr 20 2009, 10:39amRegistration close 7:00

Due to large numbers of new runners expected at Bray, registration will close at 7pm, if you are not in queue by then registration cannot be accepted. If you have not entered an IMRA race in 2009 please remember to have your membership form with you and complete.
Sinéad RocheApr 20 2009, 11:13amHi,

Just a small ammendment on Paul's post. If you are running on Wednesday, you only need to bring/complete registration form if you have NEVER run for IMRA since 2000.
If you have run for IMRA at any time since 2000 and you are registering for 2009, we should already have your details in the laptop and we will print your existing details for you to sign and review/amend if necessary.

Remember to send me your club/county details too. If you can, it is better send the club/county information onto me by email to (sinead dot roche at imra dot ie) by tomorrow evening so they are included with your details.

Thanks,

Sinead
Mick HanneyApr 20 2009, 7:54pmDoes anyone have a better map of the route for Bray as the one thats on the site is pretty poor, in my opinion. Even if its too late for this year we could do better for next year.

Mick HanneyApr 20 2009, 7:58pmFolks,
I was in Bray this evening down along the promenade and parking was at a premium. Can I suggest that people try to carpool as much as possible - this goes for all the Weds events. A cursory check of the carpool link shows only 1 car listed for this event.
Cheers,
Mick
Mick HanneyApr 21 2009, 9:08amThanks for the surge of volunteers for Bray. Can I ask for those volunteering if they intend running to ensure that this is indicated correctly on the events tab. You can switch to run or not run through your myimra login.

Most of the volunteer duties is up front, pre-race. So can I ask those volunteers to meet at the registration point from around 6. If you can't make that and have more flexibility to help at the race finish please txt and let me know. Cheers, Mick. 086 8539554
Rene BorgApr 22 2009, 3:58pmhi all,

Please find a more detailed version of the map route on the Maps tab of this event.

The point noted as "Christmas turn point" can be safely ignored. The Race Director will inform you about the Junior/short Course turn point at the race.

regards

Rene
Mick HanneyApr 23 2009, 9:23am
Thanks to the volunteers for their work last night at Bray head as without their help the event couldn't have happened.

Congrats to Eoin and Beth on their respective wins.

Thanks to everyone who heeded the advice to get there early. The few that missed the cut-off, apologies, but it was necessary in order to get everyone into the system for race start.

If you ran last night please consider volunteering to help out, in a running or non-running capacity at a subsequent Wednesday race.

Cheers,

Mick
John BarryApr 23 2009, 10:07amMick,

Well done on a perfectly run race...

On a personnel note I like to thank Jimmy Synnott the First Aid Officer for putting me back together again after I tried to come down the hill by a quicker method.

Note to Self : Do not look at watch / lose concentration will running over rough ground!

/John

Turlough ConwayApr 23 2009, 12:04pmCongratulations Mick on an excellently run, race.

There were plenty of new faces and everyone seemed exhausted but happy at the end.

The 7 o clock registration cut off worked brilliantly and might be an idea for the first 3/4 races until the proportion passing laptop reduces. It made things easier and more enjoyable. One more volunteering stint to go and Im good for the Leinster League and the end prize. In kudos, however, the Leinster League prize will pale in comparison to our functional, designer Irish championship tee shirt for those completing 3 races in the Irish Champs. (See Leagues on this site)

The first step towards same can be taken on the Bank Holiday weekend with the Croagh Patrick race. If youre in for a lamb you will find sheep during the Ben Gorm race (Connaught Champs)on Sunday. 25 euro per night BnB in Delphi, or 99 per room for the swanky suites BnB if you need accommodation. 095 42223

Well have the run of the place saturday night and if the last 2 years are anything to go by the Craic will be good!

Rene BorgApr 23 2009, 12:26pmTeam results are now up. A very promising turn-out for the team competition on both the men and women's sides.
Brendan LawlorApr 23 2009, 12:27pmHere here Turlough..well done to Mick who stepped into the breech at the last minute to act as Race Director, saving this race from cancellation.

There are still three or four upcoming LL races without a nominated race director, and hence similarily at risk of cancellation - so lets have a few more hands up to help out - being Race Director is not as big a deal as people think and I will volunteer my services to assist (if required) as deputy race director if a novice race director wants to take on Hellfire (Wed 6th May) or Prince Williams Seat (Wed 27th May)

Great plug for your Mayo weekend Turlough..I saw your Croagh Patrick race director hobbling round the place last night!!Get back racing soon Vivian!

Great return to form for Hugh McLindon last night also
Brendan LawlorApr 23 2009, 12:34pmJust spotted that Eoin Keith is already down as deputy for Hellfire..didn't mean to steal his job!
John ColemanApr 23 2009, 2:03pmHi all,

Last night was my first mountain run and i was very happy with it.
Some parts were tougher than I'd imagined and will def need Fell runners next time for the descent!!

I was wondeing if anyone could invite me to myIMRA?

My details are:
John Coleman

Thanks.
John ColemanApr 23 2009, 2:17pmThanks Dermot!
Brendan LawlorApr 23 2009, 2:31pmArchie O'Donnell has volunteered to direct Hellfire and Justin Rea similarlily for Prince Williams Seat..just two or three more to go..anyone for the new Uphill only race or Ballinastoe?
Ronan HickeyApr 23 2009, 2:33pmLike Mr. Coleman above me I was one of a Gang of Four who ran our first IMRA race yesterday. We had a brilliant time, although I can honestly say that the only bit I truly enjoyed was the stretch between the Cross and the Trig Pillar!

And I'd like to add my praise to Jimmy Synnot. After we had waited for the last of my friends to cross the line we set off towards the car to change and one of us got a cramped leg. Jimmy 'Eagle-eyes' Synnot must have seen him limp from the other side of the Strand and immediately ran over to offer help and advice. We were well impressed with that sort of service. And given his time for the race we may have to start calling him the Flying Doctor!

That was probably the best atmosphere I've seen at a race too so thanks to all of you for that.

But I've marked out a few of you who finished ahead of me as "targets" for Howth. Be warned.

Ronan

P.S. Could I be added to myIMRA? My details are

Ronan Hickey
085 7460181
Ronan HickeyApr 23 2009, 2:52pmLike Mr. Coleman above me I was one of a Gang of Four who ran our first IMRA race yesterday. We had a brilliant time, although I can honestly say that the only bit I truly enjoyed was the stretch between the Cross and the Trig Pillar!

And I'd like to add my praise to Jimmy Synnot. After we had waited for the last of my friends to cross the line we set off towards the car to change and one of us got a cramped leg. Jimmy 'Eagle-eyes' Synnot must have seen him limp from the other side of the Strand and immediately ran over to offer help and advice. We were well impressed with that sort of service. And given his time for the race we may have to start calling him the Flying Doctor!

That was probably the best atmosphere I've seen at a race too so thanks to all of you for that.

But I've marked out a few of you who finished ahead of me as "targets" for Howth. Be warned.

Ronan

P.S. Could I be added to myIMRA? My details are

Ronan Hickey
085 7460181
Rene BorgApr 23 2009, 4:28pmHi all,

Ryan Montgomery hadn't been listed correctly as Sli Cualann after his multi-million pound transfer from Raheny. ;-)

This means Sli Cualann won with 17 points not 24.

RANKINGS
1st - Sli Cualann 17 (Colm Mullen 2, Ryan Montgomery 6, Des Byrne 9)
2nd - Crusaders AC 27 (Richie Healy 5, Rob Healy 7, Shane O'Rourke 15)
3rd - Rathfarnham WSAF 68 (Aaron O'Donohue 4, Mike Long 23, William Griffin 41)
4th - Boards AC 80 (Eoin Keith 1, John Ahern 30, Jeff Fitzsimmons 49)
5th - Clonliffe Harriers 130 (Gerry Brady 8, Dermot Murphy 36, Tony Kiernan 86)
6th - Sportsworld 159 (Colm Kennedy 33, Liam McFadden 54, Eoin O'Brian 72)
7th - Glenasmmole 281 (Thomas Galvin 68, Cillian Stewart 90, Ercus Stewart 123)

Mick HanneyApr 23 2009, 5:13pmAny creative spirits want to write a race report? Anyone can do it so long as you've gotten your myimra login. It would be good to have a few race reports from throughout the field to see different perspectives on the race. Over to you...

des byrneApr 23 2009, 6:19pmHi I ran Bray Head & want to confirm that my time 21 years ago was 26min for this course and on Wednesday it was more like 40min you seem to have made a mistake with my time & placing..thanks Des
Mick HanneyApr 23 2009, 8:12pmDes, we thought you had turned back the clock. Thanks for that. We'll have the results adjusted accordingly.
Mick HanneyApr 24 2009, 1:54pmThat result correction means that the winning club team, whilst still Sli Cualann, is now comprised of Colm, Ryan and Jimmy. Well done guys.
Rene BorgApr 24 2009, 2:03pmyes, with the change, the men's table looks like below. We also got a few other updates, so Tumbleweeds and Wicklow Tri both had finishing teams as well.

MEN'S
1st - Sli Cualann 20 (Colm Mullen 2, Ryan Montgomery 6, Jimmy Synnott 12)
2nd - Crusaders AC 26 (Richie Healy 5, Rob Healy 7, Shane O'Rourke 14)
3rd - Rathfarnham WSAF 66 (Aaron O'Donohue 4, Mike Long 22, William Griffin 40)
4th - Boards AC 79 (Eoin Keith 1, John Ahern 29, Jeff Fitzsimmons 49)
5th - Clonliffe Harriers 128 (Gerry Brady 8, Dermot Murphy 35, Tony Kiernan 85)
6th - Sportsworld 156 (Colm Kennedy 32, Liam McFadden 53, Eoin O'Brian 71)
7th - Wicklow Tri 166 (Scott Graham 26, Jim Corbett 38, Hugh Guy 102)
8th - Glenasmole 280 (Thomas Galvin 67, Cillian Stewart 90, Ercus Stewart 123)
9th - Tumbleweeds 333 (Ben Moore 50, Trent Reed 141, Danny Ward 142)
Rene BorgApr 24 2009, 10:00pmAnother slight correction to the data has meant Clonliffe and Glenasmole both get one point less as some of their people move one space up.

TEAM
1st - Sli Cualann 20 (Colm Mullen 2, Ryan Montgomery 6, Jimmy Synnott 12)
2nd - Crusaders AC 26 (Richie Healy 5, Rob Healy 7, Shane O'Rourke 14)
3rd - Rathfarnham WSAF 66 (Aaron O'Donohue 4, Mike Long 22, William Griffin 40)
4th - Boards AC 79 (Eoin Keith 1, John Ahern 29, Jeff Fitzsimmons 49)
5th - Clonliffe Harriers 127 (Gerry Brady 8, Dermot Murphy 35, Tony Kiernan 84)
6th - Sportsworld 156 (Colm Kennedy 32, Liam McFadden 53, Eoin O'Brian 71)
7th - Wicklow Tri 166 (Scott Graham 26, Jim Corbett 38, Hugh Guy 102)
8th - Glenasmole 279 (Thomas Galvin 67, Cillian Stewart 89, Ercus Stewart 123)
9th - Tumbleweeds 333 (Ben Moore 50, Trent Reed 141, Danny Ward 142)