Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carlingford Slieve Foye

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Shane LynchAug 27 2023, 1:35pmI'm just wondering when the entries are opening for this event. The local club Glenmore AC will hopefully have a good number trying out their first hill race!
Peter O'FarrellAug 28 2023, 8:48amHi Shane. Great to hear Glenmore AC are hitting their local hills and they are all very welcome.

The entries should open up by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.
Shane LynchAug 28 2023, 7:33pmThanks Peter
REBECCA CAROLANAug 31 2023, 6:29pmAre all entrants from Louth automatically entered into the Louth Hill running championships or does that have to be done separately?
Turlough ConwayAug 31 2023, 8:30pmHi Rebecca. Great that your racing!
When the race entrants for the race are checking into registration they will be asked if they are also Louth runners.
Note that this is a pilot addition to this race, we know there is a good push locally to get more runners on the hills and we hope this idea helps. In ancient IMRA fashion it is extremely likely you will be available to eat or drink the prize!
That said the winners will be Louth Champs and if things work out and we graduate to a more official event next year the winners will be the only first ever Louth Champs!
See you there!
REBECCA CAROLANSep 1 2023, 9:26pmSuper stuff Turlough, looking forward to it!!
Peter O'FarrellSep 3 2023, 10:14pmWell done to Rebecca Carolan and Shane Lynch, inaugural winners of the Lough Hillrunning Championship. They both did it style too as first runner home. Shane also broke the course record.

Much and many thanks to the official volunteers on the day, Orla, Adam, Marcus and Denis and the unoffical volunteers Drishti, Conor and Oisin. The race couldn't happen without them.

Speaking of super volunteers, Turlough was a huge help in the backround and so I was delighted to see him round out the podium in 3rd behind James Millar. In the ladies category Ciara Largey made a welcome return to running and the podium in 2nd with Catherine McIntosh in 3rd place.
Our only junior runner was taller than me and finished a very fine 7th place overall so well done Joshua Muckian.
Full results to follow and a very well done to the Louth runners who partook in their championship.
John McCannSep 4 2023, 9:00amHi Peter, can you give me a call on 087 293 2353 to arrange to collect the race gear. Thanks.
REBECCA CAROLANSep 4 2023, 11:12amThanks for a well organised and enjoyable race Peter and everyone involved, the 'Perpetual Prize' went down a treat last night!
Stuart ScottSep 4 2023, 11:29amWell done to everyone who raced this weekend, it's a lovely part of the country.

For anyone wishing to get even more acquainted with the endless crags and marshes, keep October 22nd free for the second Nav Challenge. It'll be held somewhere in the Cooleys using the new East West map. There'll be a short(er) course too for novice navigators. Full details will be on the race page in due course (https://www.imra.ie/events/details/id/2332).
Sean ForsythSep 5 2023, 11:35amThanks for the race Peter, it was a great day out, well ran and the treats handed out at the finish line were very welcome. Thanks to all your volunteers on the day

I don't normally do it but I threw up a report as this race deserves it.

Definitely should be on everyone's calendar