Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carrick Mountain

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyMay 2 2023, 8:29amHi, Wondering do we have use of the parking facilities we did last year?
Peter BellMay 6 2023, 6:24pmHi Mick, sorry for the late response. We are working on the parking. I will hopefully have news soon.
Peter BellMay 6 2023, 6:26pmJust a quick shout out for a first aider for the race.
Peter BellMay 8 2023, 8:15amAnother shout out for a first aider, Race can't go ahead without one. Can all volunteers check their emails also for race instructions and get back to me if you didn't receive the email.
Jarlath HynesMay 8 2023, 8:58amPeter, I've added my name as First Aider
Peter BellMay 8 2023, 12:35pmBrilliant Jarlath, much appreciated. Legend
Javaid GaynorMay 9 2023, 11:41amHi can I use my punchcard from 2019 to register for the race on the night ? Apologies if this ha been answered before been out of the loop for a while!

Thanks,
Javaid
Peter BellMay 9 2023, 1:11pmNo sorry Javaid.
Peter BellMay 9 2023, 1:17pmWe have got the stables from last year thanks the brilliant Niamh O Ceallaigh. So follow instructions on the details page. There's a 3 euro parking charge which will go the Wicklow Cancer support. Thanks in advance for supporting it. Hopefully we get the nice weather and have some good racing on the hills. Tea/ samos including veg option & prize giving in the Ashford house. Hope you all can make it.
Brendan LawlorMay 9 2023, 1:34pmHi Javaid,

Miriam posted this message a few weeks ago.. so no more vouchers / punchcards at races.. Online entry only from now on at all races and refund scheme for existing vouchers being worked on at present

Hi Everyone

Following extensive discussions by the committee we have decided to implement the following changes to the race registration process.

From April 12th onwards, all IMRA races across the country will be online pre-entry only. The use of vouchers will be discontinued from that date onwards.

To coincide with this change, and to allow a reasonable amount of flexibility, we are changing the cut off times to enter our races closer to the race start times. These will be as follows:

- 12 noon on the day of a mid-week evening race
- 6 pm the evening before a weekend race

We will review these race cut off times over the coming races once this new system has had a chance to settle down and adjust if necessary.

We will be reimbursing IMRA members for vouchers cards already purchased over previous years. Details of this reimbursement scheme will be made available soon.

These changes are being implemented to simplify the registration and race results process which, as we all know, is wholly facilitated and delivered by volunteers. We are also conscious of the need to work with and adhere to the permit and race conditions set by the various organisations and landowners we deal with.

Up until April 12th, vouchers can be used at races where race number limits have not been set through the permits granted.

Our jam-packed calendar of races is now in full swing, don’t forget to pick an event to volunteer while you are picking your race dates for yourselves…for every 10 races you complete with IMRA, you are expected to volunteer at another race. Without volunteers, IMRA can not function. Let’s not leave it to the usual suspects.

Thanks,

Miriam
Javaid GaynorMay 9 2023, 4:11pmThanks Brendan and Peter :)
Peter MorrisseyMay 9 2023, 4:11pmHi just wondering its says the registration is going to close at 6 pm before the race so do i need to be there by 6pm?? Thanks
Javaid GaynorMay 9 2023, 4:15pmno problem thanks Brendan & Peter
Peter BellMay 9 2023, 4:36pmHi Peter, that's to pay online the day before 6pm.
Peter BellMay 9 2023, 4:40pmIMRA will kindly cover the cost of parking for all, so no need to bring €3.
Conor O'FarrellMay 9 2023, 10:10pm@Peter Morrissey

That was some legacy text that was left from last year. Reg will close as standard at 19:15 tomorrow evening.
Con HalpinMay 10 2023, 12:00pmHey guys any update on the ardgillan results from last week, it's just I'm still showing as a DNF and not sure what the story is? Thanks anyway
Alan McCarthyMay 10 2023, 2:43pmHi what time should volunteers be there for? Many thanks
Vladimir RusinovMay 10 2023, 3:37pmHey, help me understand where is sign-on exactly?

This is my first year, and Google doesn't find anything useful for "the Stables". Is it near the parking or should I stop somewhere on the way?
Warren SwordsMay 10 2023, 3:57pmPut the eircode A67 VE42 in goggle maps.
Or
https://maps.app.goo.gl/dL8HFLML5SzNLEid6
Vladimir RusinovMay 10 2023, 3:58pm@Warren Swords

Thank you!
Alan KennedyMay 10 2023, 11:04pmAnother great race tonight. Thanks to Peter for putting on a great event and the parking was superb. John for marshalling and the support twice as we passed him on the criss-cross. Jarleth was busy with the plasters at the end with lots of little nicks and cuts and all the team of helpers. And finally the sambos were fab back on Ashford.
Tim ManganMay 10 2023, 11:10pmThanks to Peter and team for a great race, that was a lot of fun!

I stupidly left my cap and running belt on the roof of the car so if anyone found them in the car park I’d be grateful.
Cheers
Jenny Uí ShéMay 10 2023, 11:14pmThankyou all was great fun. I found a tick in my leg and so did Aaron - just a warning for people to have a
Check- Jenny
Conor O'FarrellMay 11 2023, 12:48amHi All

Results are now up. Please send any queries to results@imra.ie.

Con
Gill McLoughlinMay 11 2023, 8:14amThanks to Peter and his team of volunteers for a great race last night - loved that downhill at the end :)
Brendan LawlorMay 11 2023, 8:31amBig thank you to Peter Bell and his team of fine volunteers for a great nights hill running at Carrick

Special mention to Niamh Ni Cholmain, who marked last nights race (with the help of her Dad the legendary Diarmuid ) and also secured the race parking at the Equestrian Centre at Cooley Farm for us.

And thank you to the owners of Cooley Farm as well !
Richard FoxMay 11 2023, 9:56amThanks so much to Peter and his volunteers for an amazing adventure yesterday. Absolutely brilliant support from all and wonderfully scary course expertly marked by Niamh and her dad (plus great photos from Niamh - loved the one of her lying on the log - I deffo must try that marking business as that log relaxation stuff - while all around are crashing around the place - is pretty cool). The parking was brill and thanks again to Niamh for organising and to all at Cooley for facilitating.
Cheers and thanks so much again
foxy
Brian KitsonMay 12 2023, 7:30amThanks to Peter and the team for a truly enjoyable evening.

While it will surely be lost among the limericks, I’ve posted a belated report.
Imogen McGuinnessMay 12 2023, 10:33amHi Everyone, I finally managed to upload all the photos that I took just after the first climb and last descent. It was an absolute pleasure to volunteer at this race. It was great fun watching everyone climbing up and zooming back down the very steep and technical trail. Well done to all.
Andrew HanneyMay 12 2023, 2:16pmSummit photos are up too!