Irish Mountain
Running Association

Log na Coille

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Roger TegartJul 4 2019, 11:53amHi all, looking for some volunteers for this race on the 27th. I need a deputy race director, a lap-top operator , shadow lap top operator, first aid officer and about 6 helps/marshals. If you volunteer to help; all your dream will come true!
Conor O'FarrellJul 4 2019, 1:26pmHi Roger

I will do shadow laptop and assist the main LapOp. I plan on running on the day.

Con
Brían O'MearaJul 6 2019, 6:19pmRoger, can summit marshal this, seeing as as feck all race marking is req'd.
Conor O'FarrellJul 7 2019, 2:02am@Brian, I’m pretty sure he’ll be busy. What with directing the race and all that. ;-)
Roger TegartJul 17 2019, 9:26amThanks Conor. Thanks Michael.
Roger TegartJul 17 2019, 9:26amThanks Conor. Thanks Michael.
Roger TegartJul 17 2019, 9:27amThanks Conor. Thanks Michael.
Roger TegartJul 17 2019, 9:36amStill looking for a first Aid officer, lap top operator and 3 more helpers.

I can pick volunteers up in the city center and drop them back there afterwards it that helps.
Roger TegartJul 19 2019, 3:50pmCalling out again for a few more marshals/helpers, a first aid officer and lap top operator for this race. I'd like to stage a junior race as well but that is dependent on getting the volunteers.
Emily GlenJul 20 2019, 8:16amHey, I'm free to help. Sign me up for whatever needs doing on the day. Anyone going down from Dublin town ish with space for one more in their car gimme a shout too please!
Roger TegartJul 21 2019, 8:04pmI have two carbspaces available for volunteers. I can pick up from city centre. Going to be at 9am though as I want to be at the race start for 10am.
Roger TegartJul 22 2019, 1:55pmStill looking for a first Aid officer, lap top operator and 2 more helpers
Brendan LawlorJul 22 2019, 9:20pmWe URGENTLY need a first aid officer for this race. And ideally a laptop operator too

Please sign up if you are available
Roger TegartJul 23 2019, 7:36amJust to note; there will also be a 5k junior race (2.5k out and back) if anybody is interested
Mary CollinsJul 23 2019, 4:38pmHi Roger
I have just added my name as first aid officer as noticed it was still not filled. I had planned to take part but instead I will arrive early and run the course on my own. Will make sure I am back in time before early start and will try not to get injured! Hope that plan is ok with you.
Mary Collins
Roger TegartJul 24 2019, 11:27amThanks Mary. I appreciate that.
Roger TegartJul 24 2019, 11:31amJust to note, we plan to run a junior race as part of this event. It will be a 5k route; 2.5k up and down. All juniors are welcome.
Mary CollinsJul 24 2019, 2:41pmHi Roger
Can I just check with you what will be START TIME for a Junior 5k route? Mary Collins
Roger TegartJul 24 2019, 2:56pmStart time for the main race will be 1pm and start for the junior race will be 1:10pm.
Donna DalyJul 24 2019, 10:11pmHi there, which map do you recommend for the race as I've been online and the reviews under the Harvey one states it doesn't have the Glen immal side of log na coille on it.
Thanks
Donna
Donna DalyJul 24 2019, 10:11pmHi there, which map do you recommend for the race as I've been online and the reviews under the Harvey one states it doesn't have the Glen immal side of log na coille on it.
Thanks
Donna
Thanks
Donna
John CondonJul 25 2019, 8:59amI’d highly recommend East West Glendalough Lugnacoilla.
Donna DalyJul 25 2019, 11:17amThanks John
Paul GrantJul 25 2019, 2:40pmAre you still looking for a laptop operator for Saturday Rodger?
Paul GrantJul 25 2019, 2:40pmAre you still looking for a laptop operator for Saturday Rodger?
Roger TegartJul 26 2019, 11:43amJust to note; sign on will shut at 12:30 exactly tomorrow to allow time for everybody to get to the start line.

Parking is going to be quite restricted so car share if possible and get here early.

Please be mindful not to block the road, gates access paths etc when you are parking.

there will be sandwiches in Fentons pub after the race. Probably 3pm.
Fergie MaughanJul 26 2019, 6:22pmHi Rodger,
I can do summit marshal if necessary.
F
John BellJul 28 2019, 10:43amThank you Roger and your team of volunteers for Leinster leg of the IC. It was a perfect day for a run in the hills. Brian could have picked a better day for summit marshal. We'll done to winners Séamus, followed not too far behind by young Cian McDonald, and Esther.
Brían O'MearaJul 28 2019, 10:56amYeah, conditions were pretty awful for summit marshalling up there, John! Lucky I didn't get hypothermia...
Richard NunanJul 28 2019, 12:24pmThanks again to Roger and the Team of volunteers. Super Race and its great to see so many make the trip from all the various Clubs and Counties.

Best conditions underfoot we have had in a long time on Lug
Brendan LawlorJul 28 2019, 12:29pmWell done Roger, another first time Race Director making the job look easy !

What runners wont have seen was the large amount of work Roger did behind the scenes to recce the route and sort out parking with the Army Rangers and NPWS. Plus he paid Met Eireann a few extra bob for the weather !
Roger TegartJul 28 2019, 1:42pmOrganising the weather was the biggest challenge. Many many decades of the rosary; but still, you never know what the big man will do on the day!
Lillian DeeganJul 28 2019, 2:15pm.
You picked a grand one for your first RD outing Roger. Well done you for pulling it off successfully. And while all is fresh RD planning wise your end, Stone Cross is up for grabs still #JustSaying :) Seriously though, fair play closing out yesterday's LC and IC event, weather gods good will included ;)
Conor O'FarrellJul 28 2019, 9:30pmLooks like it was a great day up on Lug yesterday. Congrats to the winners and well done to Roger and the race crew. Thanks to Paul and Santina for stepping up to do laptop in my absence, and Padraig for ferrying some of the kit too.

Results are now up. As usual, please email results@imra.ie for any queries.

Thanks
Con