Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carrick Mountain

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Tanya SheridanMay 17 2018, 5:42pmHi everyone, I still need a first aider and a couple more volunteers for Carrick (May 30).

I would really appreciate it if you could sign up soon so that I can finalise the volunteer plan.

If you don’t have a lot of experience first aiding, this could be a good race to get some experience. I have asked for some running first aid back-up – experienced first aiders who will be at the front end of the field so available to help you.

Getting nervous now as Vivian and Bronagh are very hard acts to follow!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can sign up – and, of course, those who already have!
John CondonMay 17 2018, 10:13pmI've put my name down for First Aid there Tanya
Tanya SheridanMay 17 2018, 10:51pmThanks so much John! I really appreciate that.
Tanya SheridanMay 24 2018, 3:32pmJust to confirm that Paul Keville and Angus Tyner – with some ingenuity and the use of some loppers – devised a Carrick route that will be slightly longer but a lot more runnable. Thanks very much to you both! The new route will be very clearly marked on the night and we will also have marshals on the route.

The junior route will be out and back to the top – it will not take in the loop that will be on the adult course. The junior route will be about 3 k with about 250 m of climbing. The juniors will start 10 minutes after the adults to avoid any clashes while they descend.

Further details closer to the date.

Thanks!
Tanya
Caoimhin MacMaolainMay 24 2018, 4:59pmThanks Tanya for setting up a junior route for the under 16s. A lot of the race directors have gone to the trouble of setting up these shorter routes to encourage the next generation of hill runners to come out for these races. Now that it seems to be standard practice for a short course to be established at WSL and LL races, it would be great to see more under 16s avail of this. There were only 3 last night and only 2 at Bray Head. A few more might spice it up a bit.
Laura FlynnMay 24 2018, 5:57pmEncouraging more junior participation is something a number of us have been discussing recently Caoimhin so any ideas that you or other members have would be welcome. Maybe any members involved with running, Triathlon or orienteering clubs could bring a few juniors along even to use the races as training sessions initially with the hope that they’d love the buzz and want to come back.
Peter ParkerMay 28 2018, 10:41amHi. I’m looking for a carpool.
Dun Laoghaire- N11- Foxrock area.

Thanks
Eoghan O'GormanMay 29 2018, 10:02amHi Guys, I'm also looking for a lift down tomorrow. I'm working in Dublin 2 but can jump on a DART or Luas so if anyone is passing either a lift would be greatly appreciated! Cheers, Eoghan
Shane O'MalleyMay 29 2018, 10:11amHi Eoghan,

I am picking up another runner at the Red Cow Park & Ride Luas stop at 6PM if that is any good to you.

Get me on 086 0607120

Cheers

Shane
Gordon PlaceMay 29 2018, 11:03amHi Eoghan,

I'll be leaving from junction of Northumberland Road/St. Mary's Road at about 5.20 if that suits? Heading out Northumberland Road to Ballsbridge/Anglesea Road direction. Where are you based?
Gordon 0eight6 854one885
Eoghan O'GormanMay 29 2018, 11:35amShane and Gordon thank you very much but I just got sorted there!
Tanya SheridanMay 29 2018, 4:37pmHi everyone,

I hope you are all looking forward to the race tomorrow. A few things to please note:

Thanks to everyone who has already offered a lift. I would appreciate it if anyone else who can offer lifts could add those to the carpool section. Please carpool as much as you can.

If you register for the race but don’t finish it, please don’t leave the race area without letting a volunteer know.

Please don’t forget your number and your jacket. Please have your jacket with you at all points during the race.

The weather forecast is looking great – my first time to RD when it hasn’t rained, hopefully. However, the midgies will probably be out in force.

Even though we won’t have Jess’s usual amazing sandwiches and cake spread (sorry!), I hope you will come back to the pub after for the prize giving and raffle.

Huge thank you to everyone who volunteered for the race – it's a great team and I really appreciate it. Just to thank Paul and Angus again for doing so much work on the course.

Thanks,
Tanya
Peter DoyleMay 29 2018, 9:58pmIs timing chip needed for this event?
Tadhg RyanMay 30 2018, 9:05amHi, Had some car trouble so looking for a lift at short notice. I work in Dublin 2 and get to the Luas / Dart for a pick up. Thanks. Tadhg
Shane O'MalleyMay 30 2018, 9:19amHi Tadhg,

6PM at the Red Cow Park and Ride luas stop any good to you?

Shane
Tanya SheridanMay 30 2018, 9:59amHi Peter, you won't need your chip for this race. But please keep it safe for the future.
Tadhg RyanMay 30 2018, 9:59amHi Shane,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have secured a lift for later.

Tadhg
Turlough ConwayMay 30 2018, 2:38pmHi Folks

Was wondering if anyone heading to race tonight via N11 could offer me a lift?
Collection points would be just after Foxrock church flyover or cornelcourt junction.
08seven seven52seven662
Thanks
Turlough

Collection points would be just after Foxrock church flyover or cornelcourt junction.
08seven seven52seven662
Thanks
Turlough

08seven seven52seven662
Thanks
Turlough

08seven seven52seven662
Thanks
Turlough

08seven seven52seven662
Thanks
Turlough
Turlough ConwayMay 30 2018, 2:39pmHi Folks

08seven seven52seven662
Thanks
Turlough
Turlough ConwayMay 30 2018, 2:39pmHi Folks

08seven seven52seven662
Thanks
Turlough
Tanya SheridanMay 30 2018, 3:01pmHi Turlough, a good few options have been added to the carpool - you might find some help there.

Thanks to all those to who responded to the carpool request - it makes life much easier for us!
Tanya SheridanMay 30 2018, 3:03pmIf you are collecting a new voucher tonight, please have your *voucher ID number*. That’s really the only way we can quickly find you on the list – thanks.
Warren SwordsMay 30 2018, 11:02pmSuper race this evening. Thanks to Tanya and all volunteers.

Great course. That climb is a killer which the legs never recover from. Really fun route with that epic descent....Less technique, more falling with style.
Mikey FryMay 30 2018, 11:31pmThanks again Tanya and crew for a super good race one of the best races pretty much up then down ...now to tell my brain it’s sleep time:)
Beth StephensMay 31 2018, 7:05amThanks Tanya and team for a great race!
Mick HanneyMay 31 2018, 8:51amGreat event guys. Well done Tanya and team, especially the race markers for a super route and to the marshals on the hill for the encouragement :-)
Igor Gonzalez-GuridiMay 31 2018, 9:05amHi all, just uploaded few photos I took yesterday (first time) and they all turned out side ways on the website (even though I had them all upright on my phone). I'm not sure how/why it happened. I'd appreciate if someone could let me know how to fix that even if it's for the next time. Thanks!
Caoimhin MacMaolainMay 31 2018, 9:20amThanks Tanya and all volunteers for a great race last night. The route was fantastic, really well marked and all really well organised.
Gary Mason81May 31 2018, 9:37amThanks to all involved for last night. Excellent route, great race
Ross FitzgeraldMay 31 2018, 9:55amGreat race last night, well done Tanya and crew. Cracking route, believe there were some lovely views too!
Fair play to markers as wouldn’t have had a rashers where to go... although some of us did still manage to stray off track, sheep that we are <baa>
Conor O'FarrellMay 31 2018, 10:49amOuch! That is all!
:-)

On serious note: Big thanks to Tanya and all the volunteers in what was a really great race. It must have been very tough to mark the route with all the twists and turns, but it was well done and there was no danger of getting lost. I love that descent at the end, it almost makes the climb worthwhile. :-)

Back to the ice-bath for me...
Tiarnan JohnstonMay 31 2018, 10:58amAnother sunny night in the Summer league. Happy days. Thanks Tanya and all the volunteers.
Pádraig DoyleMay 31 2018, 12:04pmLovely event. Thanks very much Tanya and The Merry Sheridans.

Legs started crying little hairy tears again this week after that climb, but after running the wrong way through the furze bushes they switched to many many tiny tears of blood. I'm SOOO sorry Legs, please forgive me?? A real horror-show crossing the finish line. ;)
Paul MahonMay 31 2018, 12:29pmAnother 230 odd pics now added for Carrick rece.
My equipment and skills are poor compared to John Sheild's but some nice shots at the top both 1st and 2nd time round and some great action leaps along with a few "4 faulters" at the water jump :-)
Brendan LawlorMay 31 2018, 1:41pmWell done Tanya and team .. another perfect Wednesday night race, revised route was great
John AhernMay 31 2018, 4:03pm@Igor - please see the reply to when I asked the same question last year about rotating photos. https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/4565
Gordon PlaceMay 31 2018, 4:24pmThanks Tanya and everyone for another great evening, and to all the great photographers.

PD, you need to sort out those crybaby legs!
Niall McGuinnessMay 31 2018, 4:45pmI'd just like to echo all those sentiments. Thanks Tanya and team. No better way to spend a summer's evening!
Karen DevenneyMay 31 2018, 7:04pmWell done to Tanya, Laura & team for another tough but great tough race last night. Results are up, please email me at karen.devenney at imra.ie with any issues
Andrew HanneyJun 1 2018, 12:53pmThanks Tanya and volunteers for a great race over Carrick mountain.... the subtle changes to the course weere fantastic. Thank God Carrick is over for another year ;)
Mick HanneyJun 1 2018, 2:35pmSome great photos. It would be nice if one could add a comment - as some deserve - to photos :-)
John FitzgeraldJun 1 2018, 4:03pmThanks to Tanya and team for a fantastic
race in Carrick.
James H CahillJun 2 2018, 12:44amThank you Tanya and all your volunteers for a great day in the hills. Once John Fitzgerald has consumed all that beetroot juice there'll be no stopping him! Great race. Viva la Presidenta!