Irish Mountain
Running Association

Bray Head

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Igor Gonzalez-GuridiApr 16 2018, 9:09pmMessage to RD, the second hill loop path is fenced off. There is a wire fence blocking the route once you start the down hill. You may need to ask for permission to open it on the day.
Laura FlynnApr 16 2018, 9:19pmThanks for highlighting that Igor. We’re aware of the issues alright and are looking at ways to work around them.
Bronagh CheethamMay 1 2018, 11:28amGreat to log on and see I have a full house for volunteering without even starting to beg! thanks so much all. Wont need to accept any more, so if you logged on to volunteer please look and see what race next needs your help.

Volunteers...if any of you want to marshall on the course can you email me at bronaghcheetham01@gmail.com. Can you all meet me at pub as close as you can for 6pm.
Route Markers/demarkers am emailing you this morning on thread we have going.
Many thanks
Grainne QuinnMay 2 2018, 6:37pmHello, I just bought an IMRA membership and want to run in the Bray race next week but don't see a link to purchase - is it too late to do so? If I buy the 10 race vouchers can I just show up in Bray?
Also, I ran Bray two years ago and still have my chip, do I need to purchase a new one?
Lillian DeeganMay 2 2018, 8:05pmHang tight for the moment Grainne, you will get a chance to make a purchase. With a race in progress this evening, the shop option is not available to anyone. Try a gain this time tomorrow.

Vouchers: Yes, if you buy the 50E voucher option, you will get your voucher card at the next race you turn up at.

Chip: Your chip should be fine to use for the remainder of this year. However, you will need to show the same at the next race which has the chip mat in use. Your chip will need to be linked to your new Bib No. for 2018.
Angus TynerMay 3 2018, 11:53amNo race entry available for this race but there is for Scalp the following week.
Kevin O'RiordanMay 3 2018, 6:58pmHi Angus,

I've just the Bray Head entry to the shop.

Kevin
Liam CannonMay 7 2018, 9:18pmI put myself down as a non-running volunteer and subsequently saw the message about there being a full quota of volunteers. Let me know if I'm needed and I'm still happy to help out.
Gordon PlaceMay 7 2018, 10:41pmHi Bronagh & Liam,
Liam can take my place and I'll stick my name down for another one. Hope that's OK.
Thanks
Gordon
Liam CannonMay 8 2018, 10:45amGordon - firstly, well done on the Connemarathon! I think we all had a good day out. I got in a few minutes after Pádraig.

Fine by me on the volunteering, if it's ok with Bronagh. Hoping to get my duty done this year and be eligible for a new IMRA geansaí. ;-)
Gary Mason81May 8 2018, 3:28pmHi
I know it was asked already but I’m still unsure.
I have race vouchers so can I just turn up in bray, or do I buy an entry to bray separately?
Thanks
John J BarryMay 8 2018, 4:01pmCorrect, just show up, sign in and get your card punched.
John J BarryMay 8 2018, 4:01pmCorrect, just show up, sign in and get your card punched.
Andrew HanneyMay 8 2018, 5:44pmNo harm to include in the race instructions that there is a contra flow of runners...last year the first lads on the return all took a position on their right...whilst most kept to the left.
Tamsyn BrownMay 8 2018, 9:20pmHi all,
I’ve registered with IMRA but am completely new to this. Can I just arrive tomorrow and pay for a race card then or does one need to buy race “credit” beforehand? I have a number assigned but have never received chips or any such thing. Do I need to follow that up at all? Would be most grateful for any advice!
Thanks so much,
Tami
Laura FlynnMay 8 2018, 9:30pmHi Tamsyn and welcome to IMRA. You can collect both number and chip at registration tomorrow. If you haven’t purchased a voucher card you can buy one race voucher from another runner for €5. I have a few and will be there if you’re stuck.
Tamsyn BrownMay 8 2018, 9:36pmHi Laura,
Thank you so much for that helpful info. Really appreciate it! I'll look into the race voucher thing and be better organised for the next one. Look forward to it. Thanks so much again.
Simon FairmanerMay 8 2018, 10:21pmJust a query about a junior running tomorrow and I am sorry to ask a question that has already been asked before...I couldn't see where the option was to purchase Jack's registration for the year, his chip and vouchers for Junior races (am I correct in thinking it is not 50 euro for the junior race vouchers??) Thanks, Eva.
Siobhán LyonsMay 8 2018, 10:32pmHi,
Is Bray sold out?
No option to buy online.
I don't have vouchers.
I do have current number (#715) and chip.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Siobhan Lyons.
Siobhán LyonsMay 8 2018, 10:39pmHi please ignore previous query. I re-read FAQs and purchased vouchers. So if I understand correctly I just rock up tomorrow with a voucher which I presume I get by email?
Thanks again.
Siobhan Lyons.
Laura FlynnMay 8 2018, 10:45pmRegistration closes around 6 pm the evening before Eva, so I think you maybe too late. . It should be open again soon after tomorrow evenings race.
Bronagh CheethamMay 9 2018, 12:18amSiobhan. U have registered for 2018 so fine to run. Buy vouchers online and you'll get a reference number via email to produce at registration.we can give you your race vouchers then.
Eva yes as Laura said, looks like you tried to register Jack after the 6pm cut off time. he won't be pleased! I'll find out about cost of vouchers for juniors in meantime.. ask me at race tomorrow.
Bronagh CheethamMay 9 2018, 12:25amBeing the 1st LL race tomorrow it's going to be a busy one so please help us, help you by having reference numbers to hand for any new registrations or vouchers. Don't rely on scrolling through phones when standing at top of Q.
We have to get race started on time to safely get everyone off the hills before dark so please respect any RD decisions for late comers if you dont get registered. U have to be in Q by 7pm to guarantee entry. We'll do our very best to ensure to get everyone sorted but there has to be limits.
Looking forward to it...
Siobhán LyonsMay 9 2018, 12:33pmHi Bronagh that's perfect thanks a million! See you at 7pm.
Siobhán LyonsMay 9 2018, 12:51pmHello again, I am coming by train and would like to bring a change of clothes to stay warm on train back, Is there anywhere I can leave a small bag during race?
Also, train arrives in Bray at 18.54 and it's 5 mins to Martello Hotel from there. Will I be ok for 7pm Reg cutoff? Previous train from Balbriggan arrives 1 hour earlier.....
Bronagh CheethamMay 9 2018, 3:06pmHi siobhan. Can leave bag of clothes at Martello. No valuables and at own risk but I'm sure will be safe. As per above can't guarantee entry if arrive after 7 due to expected crowds tonight. 1st race a busy one.
Siobhán LyonsMay 9 2018, 3:27pmThanks Bronagh I'll get earlier train so and chill at Martello with a coffee, thanks :)
Tanya SheridanMay 9 2018, 11:08pmThanks Bronagh and all your team for getting the summer league off to such a great start. The registration was very well organised and the race course was excellently marked. Great fun after as well in the Martello - thanks for organising all the food. Roll on the rest of the summer league!
Conor O'FarrellMay 10 2018, 12:06amThanks Bronagh and all the volunteers for a great race agin tonight. Sandwiches were well received as were the cups of tea.
Paul O'GradyMay 10 2018, 12:41amThank you to Bronagh, Vivian, Peter, Caoimhin and all the volunteers for getting the league off to a great start tonight.
Siobhán LyonsMay 10 2018, 7:46amGreat race last night in Bray thanks to Bronagh, volunteers and Marshals. I missed results sambos and craic cos had to keep running for train. Any idea results and photos will be available?
Thanks again,
Siobhan.
Andrew HanneyMay 10 2018, 8:16amThe first race in each league is always the most difficult but Bronagh and all the volunteers did an excellent job last evening on Bray. Great to see so many people there and tea and sambos went down very well.
Brendan LawlorMay 10 2018, 8:32amWell done Bronagh and team.. really well organised race and not a cow to be seen anywhere! Roll on next week

Siobhan there are photos available on the IMRA Facebook page.. results will be posted in the next few days
John ShielsMay 10 2018, 8:40amI have put my photos up here on the IMRA site and on the Action Photography.ie facebook.
Siobhán LyonsMay 10 2018, 9:12amThe photos are amazeballs!!!!!
Siobhán LyonsMay 10 2018, 9:13amThe photos are amazeballs!!!!! Thanks John!
Looking forward to results thanks Brendan!
Tiarnan JohnstonMay 10 2018, 9:16amFantastic race last night. Thanks to all the organisers. The sun even came out to remind us the summer league is back.
Gordon PlaceMay 10 2018, 10:44amThanks everyone for a great start to the league, and the great photos John, running is hard enough!
Mikey FryMay 10 2018, 10:50amWell done lads great race:)didn’t see any swimmers last night:)
Bronagh CheethamMay 10 2018, 8:44pmHuge thanks to all volunteers last night - certainly could not have ran as smooth without each and every one of you. great turn out, lovely night - tks all

Results will posted in a day or so but in meantime results as announced last night are as follows:

1st M: Ruairi Long
2nd M: Brian Furey
3rd M: Luke Lennon

1st F: Aoife Coffey
2nd F: Roisin Long
3rd F: Emer Fitzmaurice

M40: Bernard Fortune
F40: Siobhan Lyons

M50: Graham Bushe
F50: Irene Walsh

M60: Dan Geelon
F60: none

M70: Patsy Mccreanor
M70: Caitlin Bent

JM: Rian McMaolain
JF: Molly Doyle

Well done all in particular to our top M&F who are in the teens and certainly ones to watch. well done guys. also to newcomer Siobhan Lyons.
Miriam MaherMay 10 2018, 8:59pmBronagh, many thanks to you and all the super team of volunteers for a pretty flawless start to the summer league. Very well done to Ruairi and Aoife, brilliant running by them both!
James BerryMay 10 2018, 10:46pmcheers guys for last night, super event and as iv only done 3 imra races so far I'm really enjoying them,, even if the legs are shouting at me the next day ha.. get a few more races under my belt and ill start to volunteer... sounds like a plan
Siobhán LyonsMay 12 2018, 11:13amGobsmacked and delighted to have won F40! No.pressure for next week, haha, gulp!
Colm MoranMay 14 2018, 11:12amGreat race last week, looking forward to results.
Marking was very good and never had any doubts about the route - which I have in previous years, particularly on the way down from the cross, thank you!
One thing I would say is the out-and-back short section up to the trig might be best avoided for future, if possible. I assume there were access issues or similar off the far-side of the trig point, but coming back down from the trig point against crowds was a little dodgy on the single-track.
Thoroughly enjoyed the evening, just thought worth mentioning.
Thanks, Colm.
Caoimhin MacMaolainMay 14 2018, 11:39amHi Colm. We would have much preferred a different way down from the trip point but unfortunately, as you suspected, all other possible ways out are now completely blocked off by barbed wire fencing. The only alternative is no trig point at all, which I think would take away a bit from the race.
Bronagh CheethamMay 14 2018, 11:09pmSiobhan - if you look for Vivian RD this week, he has your prize. also one other prize to be claimed- cant rem who now but I passed both to Vivian. well done again.
Gary Mason81May 16 2018, 8:05amHi, my name or number those not appear in the results. Number 1578. I was just wondering those that mean there is something wrong with my chip? It worked the week before in Ballyhoura
Thanks
Eilis FitzgeraldMay 16 2018, 9:37amHi, my name or number does not appear also in the results. Number 2328. Eilís
Bronagh CheethamMay 21 2018, 1:25pmGary, Eilis apologies only seeing you messages now but I also note your results are there so I suspect the ever efficient laptop/results crew fixed this up for you in meantime.
Gary you'll see your result no 37 and Eilish 186
to note Gary we didn't use chip timing for this initial race, was all done manually so not a problem with chip.
tks