Irish Mountain
Running Association

Stone Cross to Lug Solo

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Torben DahlAug 19 2016, 4:08pmGood afternoon folks,
Online entries are now open under 'Purchase IMRA products'. Event details updated with preliminary instructions.

Please read the instructions carefully! More details to follow next week.

I am also looking for 3-4 non running volunteers to help out at registration, hand over points and finish line.

Thanks a million!
Torben
Torben DahlAug 24 2016, 12:35pmLinks to 'Route Maps' and 'Profiles' have now been updated and should work again. Thanks to Brian O'Murchu for sorting this!
Barry HartnettAug 25 2016, 11:19amHi folks just wondering if anybody is dropping their car to the finish before the race and getting a lift to the start?
Rory CampbellAug 26 2016, 1:41pmHi Barry, are you based in Dublin? If so, then we can coordinate cars...e.g. I can drop my car to Fenton's on the Fri....my email is campbell_rory at hotmail.com
Rory
Barry HartnettAug 26 2016, 5:44pmNo sorry Rory I am driving up from Tipperary that morning.
John J BarryAug 28 2016, 4:15pmI be on for car drop friday to Fentons.
Torben DahlAug 31 2016, 5:35pmEvent details now updated with Final Instructions, maps, links to Google Maps etc.
John J BarrySep 1 2016, 9:29amFolks,

I'm looking for a lift from Ballinteer / Marlay Park to the start on Saturday morning. Anybody passing near me who could pick me up?

John
Torben DahlSep 1 2016, 11:42amHi John,
I can pick you up Saturday morning of you can make it to say the roundabout at the end of Ballinteer Road for 06.40, i.e. the roundabout before the M50 roundabout. Text me at O eight 5 1 zero zero 8 nine 8 nine.
Torben
Liam VinesSep 1 2016, 9:49pmHi Torben I am after f**king up.. I haven't registered any chance I can use a voucher on the morning?
Torben DahlSep 1 2016, 10:09pmHi Liam,
That's no problem at all, I will be accepting vouchers for the Solo on the day, so please come along.
Torben DahlSep 2 2016, 2:45pmFinal note: Start and registration moved a few hundred meters back from where previously advertised. Will be at the same forest entrance as from where the Seefingan and West Dublin Peakes races start from. Event details will be updated shortly. Parking should also be better there.

Google Maps link:
https://goo.gl/maps/7kyxHaDM16p
Brian O MurchuSep 2 2016, 4:09pmLooks like it'll be quite a competitive Solo tomorrow and in greater numbers than the relay teams! Will we see groups forming if the clouds are down?

Who else will sign up on the day?
Torben DahlSep 4 2016, 3:27pmA huge well done to everyone who was brave enough to get out for this challenge in the torrential rain yesterday! 13 brave souls started in the solo and 4 teams in the relay. With heavy rain and mist for most of the day, it was great value for money in terms of getting a REAL navigation challenge!!

I am however not sure if the real navigation challenge was in the mountains or on the road for those runners who eventually found themselves on a tarmac road looking for a pickup without being able to tell where they where ;) I am happy that we eventually found and recovered everyone :)

9 finished in the solo and 2 teams finished in the relay. Well done to everyone who took part, just doing parts of this race was a great achievement!

Thanks to my volunteers on the day, David Rouse as Deputy RD and Tanya Sheridan as First Aider and helper, you both did a fantastic job helping out and encouraging the runners. David is fully ready for his RD debut at Powerscourt in November. Luckily Tanya didn´t need to take the first aid kit into use.

Results will be uploaded in the database later next week, but until then here are the results of the finishers. I will have split times etc. ready in a few days time.

A fantastic day altogether with a great atmosphere and the sun eventually shining at us in Fenton´s :)

Solo Race number Firstname Surname Finish time
1 138 Barry Hartnett 07:04:00
2 797 Liam Vines 07:34:00
3 255 Andre Van Barneveld 08:15:00
4 212 Andrew Trafford 08:15:00
5 744 George Snee 08:48:00
6 995 Mick Roche 08:48:00
7 101 Graham Bushe 10:02:00
8 977 John Barry 00:10:45
9 417 Keith O'Shea 00:10:45

Relay
The Lost Boys
1 1293 Ronan Motyer
1240 Damien Cox
999 Bram Jansen 07:40:00
The Luggernauts
2 692 Laurenc Quinn
1065 Gordon Place
297 Padraig Doyle 08:31:00
Andre Van BarneveldSep 4 2016, 4:36pmFantastic race, thanks so much for giving up a very long day for us Torben, Tanya and everyone that helped out, great atmosphere, great day....
Barry HartnettSep 4 2016, 5:42pmA huge thank you to Torben and his crew for their work yesterday. 10+ hours standing in torrential rain worrying about others is something that I dont think I would have the mental fortitude for and the crew deserve every credit and acknowledgement given. The race itself was nuts but one of the best things ive ever done and one im not likely to forget soon. I think when im old and grey ill be still recounting the 2016 Stonecross to Lug.
Torben DahlSep 4 2016, 8:04pmGreat race report now up by Graham Bushe, well worth a read!

Also some good photos by Matthew Sammon. Will post some photos myself later. In the meantime keep the reports and photos coming!
Torben DahlSep 4 2016, 10:12pmResults with split times now uploaded:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aluGYxhJdigkZWVr_xjI7XbekEP4ta89ZzNnJe-vPg0/edit?usp=sharing