Irish Mountain
Running Association

Sorrell Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Martin BagnallJun 1 2016, 4:43pmHi All,

I've updated the instructions for this race. Please read them!

Thank you to those who have volunteered already. I still need a race marker, laptop operator and a couple more non-running helpers. Please volunteer if you can.

Cheers,
Martin
Henny BrandsmaJun 2 2016, 11:53amHi Martin,I still have the markers after last night's race,you or whoever's doing the marking can pick them up from my house,at 10 Grainger manor road,Rathfarnham,near Nutgrove shopping centre,you can contact me at 087-7604825.
Henny.
Martin BagnallJun 2 2016, 12:31pmThanks Henny - would Monday or Tuesday suit to collect them?

Great job yesterday by the way - well done to yourself and your team.
Henny BrandsmaJun 2 2016, 2:36pmHi Martin, just call when your collection markers.
Cheers Henny
Ian O'KaneJun 4 2016, 2:26pmApologies but I had to unvolunteer.I'm still getting over my sprained ankle from Scarr.
Martin BagnallJun 5 2016, 5:18pmNo worries, Ian, I hope you are better soon.
Martin BagnallJun 5 2016, 5:25pmHi Everyone,

Just a reminder that there is a NPWS limit of 200 runners for this race. Judging by last year's race we should be fine with that limit but please be aware that it will not be possible to exceed that number.

So please avail of the online preregistration or arrive early on the night to avoid disappointment.
Martin BagnallJun 5 2016, 5:31pmAlso, I'm still looking for a race marker!

This is a fairly straightforward route to mark so please do volunteer if you have experience of this role.

Alternatively, do any of those who have volunteered as helpers have experience of race making and would like to cover it?

Cheers,
Martin
Martin BagnallJun 7 2016, 9:50amHi,

I have enough general volunteers now, thanks to those who have volunteered - I will email you later.

However, a race marker is still needed - this role is essential to allow the race to go ahead!!

Thanks,
Martin
Jim CorbettJun 7 2016, 11:21amHi Martin, I've just unvolunteered myself for tomorrow evenings run. Sorry the late notice. I'd forgotten I'm off to to see Candi Staton in the Sugar Club tomorrow night. I'll be thinking of you all running when she's singing "Young Hearts Run Free"! Once again sorry.
Peter O'FarrellJun 7 2016, 11:27amHi Martin. I have volunteered to mark the course.

The young hearts should run free but a marked course probably puts less strain on the mountain rescue lads :)
Brian O MurchuJun 7 2016, 12:10pmGoing to be at Sorrell Hill and want to collect the latest IMRA yearbook? If you purchase online by lunchtime Wednesday, it will be ready for collection at race registration!
Henny BrandsmaJun 7 2016, 2:05pmHi Peter,I have markers still at my home,if you need a hand marking course,let me know,in that case we could meet at Sorrell hill,so give me a time and we could meet there,I like to run the race tough,if that ok with you.
Henny.
Sarah BradyJun 7 2016, 2:13pmHi! I've volunteered as a helper for this race. It's my first time volunteering, so just wondering is there anything you want me to bring and what time shall I pop along? Thanks. :)
Brian O MurchuJun 7 2016, 2:25pmBring your camera for the action shots!
Martin BagnallJun 7 2016, 2:59pmThanks very much for volunteering Peter, much appreciated.

Henny, I tried to contact you yesterday about picking up the markers but wasn't able to.

If it works for you and Peter to meet and mark the course then that'd be great - just let me know.

I have the rest of the race kit so I'll bring that along tomorrow.

Sarah - I'll be sending an email out to all volunteers today with more info - it would have been earlier but work is quite busy today! If you are there for 6 that'd be great, thanks.
Sarah BradyJun 7 2016, 3:19pmThat's grand – thanks Martin, see you then! :)
Henny BrandsmaJun 7 2016, 3:47pmHi Martin,Peter just phoned me and we will take care of the race-marking,I am planning to run the race with the early starters so will be coming back at race start before seven.
Henny.
Martin BagnallJun 7 2016, 4:22pmGreat, thanks very much.
Martin BagnallJun 7 2016, 4:30pmREMINDER:
Online pre-registration closes at 6pm today.

You can register on the night if you have a race voucher. NO MONEY will be taken on the night.

Please see the Organisers Instructions on the Details tab for further info. For anything else, please ask!
Martin BagnallJun 7 2016, 6:09pmVOLUNTEERS:
Thanks for volunteering. You should have an email from me with information for tomorrow. If you haven't, let me know.
Michael ButlerJun 7 2016, 7:00pmHello Martin, two friends who are registered missed the online cut off time for entry. I assume they can turn up tomorrow and use Imra vouchers that I have.
Brian O MurchuJun 7 2016, 7:07pmVouchers are transferable, so once someone has already registered for the year they can show up with a voucher and sign in for the race
Fergal DownesJun 7 2016, 7:15pmHi

I've just realised that I have missed the deadline for online registration. Would anyone have a spare voucher to trade for €7 tomorrow evening? It would be much appreciated. thanks
Fergal DownesJun 7 2016, 7:15pmHi

I've just realised that I have missed the deadline for online registration. Would anyone have a spare voucher to trade for €7 tomorrow evening? It would be much appreciated. thanks
Jenny Uí ShéJun 7 2016, 8:07pmYou can use one of my vouchers. I'm number 365, Jenny Uí Shé
Jenny Uí ShéJun 7 2016, 8:19pmSorry I'm 376!
Paul V MitchellJun 7 2016, 9:08pmHi Martin.
I've put my name down as a helper.
Could you get in touch please, so that I know what I have to to.
-Thanks, Paul
Fergal DownesJun 7 2016, 10:25pmThanks very much Jenny
Enda WalshJun 7 2016, 11:17pmHi I've also been caught out by the BH and missed the deadline to register online. If anyone could sell me a voucher I would much appreciate it.

Thanks
Enda
Jenny Uí ShéJun 8 2016, 7:03amYou an but one too Jenny
Jenny Uí ShéJun 8 2016, 7:03amYou an but one too Jenny
Martin BagnallJun 8 2016, 9:57amHi Paul,

Thanks you for volunteering. However, I have enough volunteers and have assigned out roles.

There are plenty of races coming up which need volunteers so please take a look and sign up for one of those.

Cheers,
Martin
Martin BagnallJun 8 2016, 10:08amRUNNERS:
Don't forget to bring your race number and race voucher/online registration confirmation.

Don't forget water, sun cream, bug spray.

Don't forget your jacket!!
It's for your safety and as mentioned in https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/4271 there will be increased spot checks. No jacket will result in a DNF.
Martin BagnallJun 8 2016, 11:34amEARLY STARTERS:
The early start time is 7pm.

As mentioned in https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/4271 the early start is only available for those who usually are 160% or more of the race winner.

If you are taking the early start ensure that you let the people at the sign in desk know.
Deirdre O'RiordanJun 8 2016, 12:03pmHi...long shot but would anyone have a voucher to spare for tonight?
Miriam MaherJun 8 2016, 12:15pmHi Dee, I can give you a voucher, come and find me at the laptop when you arrive and I'll sort you out. Miriam
Deirdre O'RiordanJun 8 2016, 12:29pmThanks so much Miriam, that's great!! See you later
Fergal DownesJun 8 2016, 2:08pmJenny Ui She. I won't be there this evening as I have hurt my hip this morning. Thanks for the response to sell the voucher. Enjoy the race, the weather looks great. Fergal
Jenny Uí ShéJun 8 2016, 3:07pmSorry to hear that fergal. Hope you feeling better soon
Enda WalshJun 8 2016, 3:34pmHi Jenny

I will be there this evening if you a voucher spare !

Thanks Enda
Jenny Uí ShéJun 8 2016, 4:08pmGrand Enda see you there
Enda WalshJun 8 2016, 5:55pmJenny

You won't believe but just smashed a mirror on my car - will have to pull out. Thanks for the kind offer.

Enda
Brendan LawlorJun 9 2016, 7:54amWell done and thank you to Martin, Brian and all last nights volunteers- the weather gods have been smiling lately on us
Martin BagnallJun 9 2016, 10:19amMany thanks again to my team of volunteers who all did a wonderful job which included a debut outing for Alice on first aid and first time volunteering for Sarah & Stephen.

Thank you also to Vivian for his assistance with this race, much appreciated.

Well done to all who ran and in particular to James Higgins on his 300th race and James Hundred Cahill for joining Club 100!
Alan KilbrideJun 9 2016, 11:37amHi,

Big thanks to everyone for an amazing race last night. Here is last nights route for anyone who's interested...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1204848484

Cheers!
John LangenbachJun 9 2016, 1:59pmAlan now that you've drawn attention to your excellent performance, I think you can probably take the regular start from now on.

(Thanks Martin and team!)
Lillian DeeganJun 9 2016, 2:15pmHi Martin,
Well done with last evening's run out, ye had a smasher of an outing on the other side of the hill while the coastal side of the county was dealing with super low cloud cover. Fingers crossed next Wednesday allows for another sunny one for Djouce. Might I enquire on the gear collection Jazz. I'm in to RD next week. Tia Lillian
Martin BagnallJun 9 2016, 3:07pmHi Lillian,

Liam Vines took the race kit to pass on to Jeff Fitzsimons for the Wicklow Way race at the weekend.

Miriam has the laptop as it's not needed for the weekend and she's doing laptop operator for Djouce.

Good luck with Djouce, hopefully this good weather will hold.

Martin
Lillian DeeganJun 9 2016, 3:20pmLovely stuff. Will collect from Jeff in Clonegal Saturday night so. Thank you.
Karen DevenneyJun 9 2016, 7:05pmGuys, please remember that everyone can have an unexpected (and most welcome) above average performance on a particular night! We're not going to penalise a runner who takes a justified early start based on previous performances and then finishes slightly above 160%. Our aim is to enforce the early start policy as fairly as possible but in the spirit of the ethos that makes IMRA such a fantastic organisation:)
Laura FlynnJun 9 2016, 9:58pmWell done Martin on an excellent job last night and for a thoroughly enjoyable race