Irish Mountain
Running Association

Maurice Mullins Ultra

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Catherine MurphyJan 5 2016, 12:08amCan I ask if entry for the Wicklow way ultra 50k or trail 25k is open yet? Or already closed? In which case I've missed this year boo. Can't find this info.
Also..does either race carry any UTMB qualifying points??
Thanks in advance
Cath.
Jeff FitzsimonsJan 5 2016, 12:22amHi Catherine, entry not yet open, so fear not on getting a place! I believe entry will open later this month.

The ultra carries UTMB points.

Jeff
Catherine MurphyJan 5 2016, 7:36pmThanks Jeff, oh boy! Still all to play for. Better start losing my Xmas flab and get some training in. Good stuff.
Juju JayJan 6 2016, 9:05pmHi & happy new year..
Where we pay for the Wicklow way 51k ?
Group of us doing it and would like to pay up to be sure on the list,

Thanks
Tim ChapmanJan 6 2016, 9:25pmJuju, happy new year my good man.

Pretty sure it's not opened yet. See above posts. Also think it will be open a while as they expect a good few drop outs

Cheers
Pól Ó MurchúJan 6 2016, 9:33pmThanks Tim...yes JuJu entries will open later in the month as per Jeffs post above.
Colin CaseyJan 6 2016, 10:18pmHi,

Is there a limit on the number of entrants to WW Trail and Ultra similar to last year?

Thanks
Eoin KeithJan 7 2016, 9:09amColin, the last time the committee discussed it the thinking was that there would be no limits this year.

Our biggest logistical issue with numbers for these races is probably car parking. So if runners could car-pool as much as possible that would greatly assist us in trying to open up these races to as many people as possible.
Jason KehoeJan 7 2016, 1:35pmHi All,

Just a heads up that Easter is very early this year and if you were planning to go on the 8th annual Kerry Mountain Running Training weekend and were also interested in these great races that they clash. Nothing we can do on our end unfortunately as we need to run the trip every Easter weekend for it to work. You'll have great fun whatever you choose!

Jason
Brian O MurchuJan 7 2016, 2:02pmOh no....to run or to race
olejniczak alaJan 20 2016, 10:04amhi,any news about entry opening? i don't want to miss this one!
Agnieszka PamulaJan 27 2016, 8:00pmHi, How do I sign up for the race? I think entries should be open soon?
Noel CarrJan 31 2016, 1:44pmAny word on entries for ww ultra/ Trail open now? If not where can this info be found? Missed out last year, don't want same this year.Thank you Folks

Noel
Pól Ó MurchúJan 31 2016, 6:21pmIs open now...
Brigita LuksteJan 31 2016, 7:28pmI must be blind. Please tell me how to enter
Pól Ó MurchúJan 31 2016, 7:39pmPurchase IMRA products. You will need to have a MyImra account and have registered for 2016. - I can see you have both so should see it there.
Mick HanneyJan 31 2016, 7:41pm@Brigita, you need to register for a myimra account. Once you do and log on you'll see the option to purchase entry in the Purchase IMRA Products tab.
Noel CarrJan 31 2016, 8:26pmThank you Pol. Registered and all now.
Hope there's still plenty if snow now Djouce's
Lol.
Dermot MurphyJan 31 2016, 9:05pmRemember for both the Trail and Ultra, that there is no cap on entries, so no need for a mad rush to get your entry in. Registrations close on March 20 (unless Pol or Elin say otherwise).
STRICTLY NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS.
Donncha WalshFeb 4 2016, 1:08pmWould anyone be up for doing a recce of this at some point over the next few weekends? Could meet at Johnnie Foxes and leave one car here and then drive another one out to ballinastoe and run back along the route?
Justin DuttonFeb 5 2016, 5:23pmDoing a recce tomorrow if it suits, leaving JF carpark around 11.30am. Approx 30km over into Crone and back.
Mike CaseyFeb 8 2016, 2:25pmHi All,

How do I apply 2016 race voucher credit to register for the ultra?

Thanks
Dermot MurphyFeb 8 2016, 2:32pmYou cant use the race vouchers for the Trail or Ultra, as they are a different price to regular races.
Mike CaseyFeb 8 2016, 2:38pmthat splains it, I'll sign up through the link, thanks
Caitriona Nic CabaFeb 9 2016, 3:38pmHi Dermot,
I've been trying to register for the trail but it isn't appearing as an item for purchase when I log in, is it still open? Can I register by email? Thanks in advance,
Caitriona
Donncha WalshFeb 12 2016, 12:37pmIm having the same problem,is this a temporary issue or is the race full?
Dermot MurphyFeb 12 2016, 1:56pmWe had a problem with parking - no parking is available at Johnnie Foxes. We temporarily shut down registration for both the Trail and Ultra until alternatives plans could be put in place. We have now have limited parking available to us close to the Crossroads at Glencullen which will cover the Ultra - so we have reopened entries for it. The plan for the Trail is to have parking at another location off the motorway - we are just finalising these arrangements and will reopen registration once it is all confirmed. I expect we will be in a position to reopen registration early next week, if not sooner.
Helen WeirFeb 17 2016, 9:29amHi Dermot
Just wondering if any update re entry for 25k, my hubby has entered already, and I was just about to when i saw below...
Any news??
Dermot MurphyFeb 17 2016, 1:47pmHi Helen - just finalising parking arrangements - looking good and we should be in a position to reopen entries once everything is finalised - hopefully sometime tomorrow.
Eileen RowlandFeb 20 2016, 8:04pmHi Dermot, just wondering if there is any update re entering for the Wicklow Way Trail ? Thanks
Cedric LeLoupFeb 22 2016, 8:41amHello,

I am French, I am living in Ireland, and I have few questions to register for the ultra trail. It's not the same process in France.

To register for this race:
- Must I take the IMRA Annual Membership before (obligatory)?
- And register after for this race?
- A club licencse is not mandatory?

Thank you for your time.

Cédric
Dermot MurphyFeb 22 2016, 10:06amHi Cedric - yes, you need the Annual Membership. You can pay for the membership and registration at the same time.
No - a club licence is not mandatory.
Thomas MaagFeb 22 2016, 1:51pmHi

Is there any option to avoid the sign-on @ Johnnie Fox's and go straight to Ballinastoe for the WW trail?

Thanks
Thomas
Brian O MurchuFeb 22 2016, 1:56pmHi Thomas,
Unfortunately not. Anyone not signed in cannot be recorded in the results
Ian LoughlinFeb 23 2016, 8:36amhi,
Will there be more entries opened for the trail event, car parking still being finalised?

tks

ian
Dermot MurphyFeb 23 2016, 9:32amEntry for the Trail has just been reopened.

We are still awaiting back on the parking details, but we have a back up plan in place in case this does not work out.

With either option parking will be as follows for the Trail - parking will be a location just off the the M50 at Junction 15. Our first choice is to have parking at the Leopardstown race course - still awaiting confirmation from them. Otherwise we will be using the Carrickmines Luas stop (similar to the arrangement for the Annagh Hill race a few years ago). Please register and collect your number at this location. At the end of the race, there will be a shuttle bus running from the finish line back to the car park.
Full details to be confirmed in due course.
Cedric LeLoupMar 1 2016, 9:41amHi,

It's me again, so I am registered, and I have few questions again.
What kind of shoes I 'll have to wear? Is it road? Mud? walkway?
And where I have to go to the start? to the end, and there is a bus to come back to the start of the race?
Thank you for your time, for your explanation.

Kind regards
Dermot MurphyMar 1 2016, 9:54amHi Cedric - trail shoes would be best - there is a variety of terrain - some road, with a good amount of hard packed fireroad and trail. There will be some grassy sections - but not a great deal.
Which event are you doing - the Trail or the Ultra? This thread is for the Ultra (title needs to be fixed).
For the Ultra, the start and finish is at the same place - the Glencullen Golf club - directions to be put on the events page shortly.
The Trail begins at the halfway point - registration will be at Leopardstown race course. There will be busses provided to take you from registration to the start (strictly no parking allowed at the start) and there will also be busses from the finish back to Leopardstown car park.
Cedric LeLoupMar 1 2016, 10:38amI am registered on the Wicklow Way Ultra, thank you.
Frank O'ReganMar 1 2016, 9:02pmGood Q&A on the type of runner required. Going by the comment on firetrails, I'm guessing less aggressive trail shoes so? No mud?
Dermot MurphyMar 2 2016, 8:58amCertainly less aggressive trail shoes would be best. If the course is quite dry, you would probably get away with road shoes. But it certainly very wet at the moment (and probably a good deal of snow after last night).

Keep an eye on the forecast on the days leading up to the race, and ask the question again on the forum if in any doubt.
Dermot MurphyMar 4 2016, 9:19amPlease note new registration location for 2016.

Can we update the name of this thread to Maurice Mullins Ultra?

Please note registration and finish is at the Glencullen Golf course for the 2016 event. STRICTLY NO PARKING AT JOHNNIE FOXES. The Glencullen Golf course is located on the race route - past the lights in Glencullen - a short distance from the crossroads. Please follow marshals directions on the morning.
Shane O'MalleyMar 4 2016, 9:22amIs registration for the trail and ultra open again. I am already registered for the trail so not sure if it not being on my list of available purchases is because of that.

I have a few friends interested.

Shane
Dermot MurphyMar 4 2016, 1:14pmHi Shane - yes, registration is open again and will close on March 20th.
Shane O'MalleyMar 4 2016, 3:53pmCan you confirm where registration is for this event. The forum at https://www.imra.ie/events/forum/id/1327/ says it is at Lepardstown race course and that the bus picks us up there to bring us to the start.

Shane
Brian O MurchuMar 4 2016, 3:57pmYes that is correct
Frank O'ReganMar 6 2016, 1:11amOkay, its after getting a bit confusing now,as the previous poster is talking about the trail.
On the Ultra event page, its stating Glencullen Golf course for parking and registration.Is this still correct?
Dermot MurphyMar 6 2016, 2:00amThis thread should be for the Ultra only, reference to the Trail needs to deleted from the title of the thread to avoid confusion.
Registration for Ultra - Glencullen Golf club.
Registration for Trail - Leopardstown.

The event details on for both are correct. Just stop posting about the Trail on this thread and use the other thread (which also needs to be made a bit clearer).
Stephen BrennanMar 6 2016, 2:27pmIs parking for the ultra at Glencullen golf club?
Peter GrennanMar 7 2016, 7:48pmAre there water stations on the ultra or is it totally self sufficient? Thanks in advance.
Dermot MurphyMar 7 2016, 8:36pmYes - parking is at the Glencullen gold club - please follow marshals instructions on the morning.

There are water stations at Crone Wood (about 12k into the race) and the halfway point at Ballinastoe - and the Crone wood station will be there on the way back (about 38k into the race). When you register, you can also leave your own bag at either/both of these stations - just mark your own name clearly and indicate which drop point you want the bag to go to. I already have volunteers for both the Ballinatoe and Crone Wood.
There may be a further water station at Curtlestown on the way back (5k past Crone wood) but this will depend on a volunteer coming forward to organise this. We have always had a station here, so I expect will also be one this year.

I could do with a few running volunteers to come forward to help with registration and car parking. I could also do with some non running volunteers to help with marshalling and the finish. Thank you to those who have volunteered already.
Peter GrennanMar 8 2016, 8:15pmThanks very much for the reply.
Wayne ByrneMar 9 2016, 8:03amHi , will there be an early start (8.30) for the ultra. Thanks
Dermot MurphyMar 9 2016, 8:22amHi Wayne - yes, there will be an early start at 8:30am. Please arrive in time if you intend to take this.
Dermot MurphyMar 14 2016, 11:12amA quick reminder that entry closes on March 20th (this Sunday).
Still looking for more volunteers (both running and non running).
John KearneyMar 14 2016, 3:10pmIf I have an entry for the trail and now feel I might be up for the ultra distance, who should I contact to make that change?

Thanks
Brian O MurchuMar 14 2016, 3:15pmHi John,
The event page says "strictly no refunds or transfers" so looks like you don't have that option:(
David NooneMar 15 2016, 1:28pmHI, I have an entry for the ultra and id like to change to the trail.
Tom HoganMar 19 2016, 2:00pmHi
Trying to enter this as first race of the year, but when I go to purchase Imra products all that is there is yearbook. Am I missing something. Is there somewhere else I need to pay membership fee before races come up??
Tom HoganMar 19 2016, 2:01pmHi
Trying to enter this as first race of the year, but when I go to purchase Imra products all that is there is yearbook. Am I missing something. Is there somewhere else I need to pay membership fee before races come up??
Tom HoganMar 19 2016, 2:01pmHi
Trying to enter this as first race of the year, but when I go to purchase Imra products all that is there is yearbook. Am I missing something. Is there somewhere else I need to pay membership fee before races come up??d
Karen DevenneyMar 19 2016, 2:30pmTom, you'll have to purchase annual membership first and then you should be able to sign up for events. I think this may have been temporarily disabled as a cut off for todays race but it should be available now. Let us know if you've any further problems
Tom HoganMar 19 2016, 3:28pmSorted, thanks Karen
Mick HanneyMar 19 2016, 5:30pmTom - the system has detected that you don't normally do an ultra ;-)
Brenda McGinnMar 21 2016, 11:05amHi there, has entry for saturdays ultra closed. If so is there the option for entry on the day.

Regards
Karen DevenneyMar 21 2016, 11:13amBrenda entry for this event closed yesterday evening. Unfortunately no entries will be accepted on Saturday
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2016, 11:54amThere was a query on navigation on the Trail Thread - just reposting that bit here - please let us know if you have come across any problems with the way-marked signs.

On the navigation side, there will only be a marshal were you leave the track up from Ballinastoe and onto the Wicklow Way. You are expected to be familiar with the route, or carry a map with you if you are not. Please follow the way marked signs.
Thanks for pointing out damaged signs - if anyone is aware of damage down to the way marked signs - please post here to let people know. Please describe were the problem is and is it could lead to people going astray.
Nicolas MunozMar 22 2016, 11:01amHi everyone, I have registered to Maurice Ultra but due to very bad flu, won't be able to attempt this race. @raceorganisation would it be possible to leave my place to anyone willing to participate? Race number :154. Thanks
Dermot MurphyMar 22 2016, 11:04amNo transfer allowed.
Peter GrennanMar 22 2016, 1:26pmA friend of mine was trying to register yesterday but the website was down and now it's too late, is there any way he can enter now?
Thanks.
Dermot MurphyMar 22 2016, 1:27pmNo - entries closed on Sunday.
Peter GrennanMar 22 2016, 1:28pmOk
Jackie ToalMar 22 2016, 2:30pmHello, will there be a start list of runners?
Dermot MurphyMar 22 2016, 2:32pmHere is the full list of entries for the Ultra:

ala, olejniczak
Anderson, Gareth
Bailey, Donal
Bailey, Ian
Barry, John J
Beggs, Amy
Berney, Joe
Borek, Pawel
Boyhan, Owen
Bradley, Shaun
Brady, Shay
Brannigan, Shane
Brennan, Stephen
Breyfogle, Jim
Briody, Laurence
Briody, Martin
broderick, PHILIP
Buckley, Brian
Buckley, John
Bush, Matt
Bushe, Graham K.
Byrd, Charlie
Byrne, Gavin Scott
Byrne, Wayne
Cahill, Anthony
Cahill66, James
Cannon, Liam
Carlyon, David
Carr, Noel
Carson, Suzy
casey, colin
Casey, Mike
Caulfield, David
Chambers Curtin, Ray
Chapman, Marie
Chapman, Tim
Cochrane, Nicola
Coffey, Allan
Coffey, George
Collins, Diarmaid
Condon, John
Connolly, Fergal
Corrigan, Niall
Costello, Robert
Cronin, Barry
Curiel, Javier
Curran, Tom
Dahl, Torben
Daly, Paul
Darigan, Paddy
De Wilde, Erwin
Deegan, Lillian
Dehantschutter, Johan
Dempsey79, John
Desmond, Shane
Docherty, Dave
Doran, James
Douglas, Ronnie
Dowling, Jason
Doyle, Padraig
Dunne, Christopher
Dutton, Justin
Evans, Dave
Farrelly, Chantelle
Filipov, Filip
Fitzgerald, Mags
Flynn, George
Foley, Alan
Foley2, Mark
Fortune, Keith
Garvey, Neil
Gibson, Andrew
GIbson, Jonathan
Gibson, Richard
Girolami, Paolo
Gorman, Wiola
Grennan, Peter
Griffith81, Sorcha
Hallahan, John
Hanlon, David
Harley, Sarah
Harmon, David
Harmon, Patrick
Hartnett, Barry
Hawan, Jamie
Heffernan, Lar
Heffernan, Robbie
Hendley, Odhran
Hennessy, Adrian
Hicks, David
Higgins, John
Higgins, Paul
Hodge, Phil
Hodgett, Alistair
Hogan, Dena
Hogan, Denis
Hogan, Tom
Horvath, Mark
Hunt, Sam
Hynes, Jarlath
Irvine, Robert
Jakab, Maros
jezierski, marek
Jones, Arabin
Karcak, Juraj
Kavanagh, Denise
Kearney, Alan
Kearney, John
Keeley, Clare
Keenan, Mairead
Keith, Eoin
Kelly, Daragh
Kenny, Dennis
Kenny, Suzanne
Keogh, Mark
Killeen, Jamie
King, Mark
Kingston, Gerry
Kitson, Brian
KULIK, Francois
Langenbach, John
Lawler, Thomas
LELOUP, CEDRIC
Lennon, Eoin
Lesniewski, Daniel
Linton, Brian
Looby, Maurice
Lukste, Brigita
Lynch, Liam
MacDonnell, Cormac
MacEnri, John
Mackay, Neil
Mackey, John
Maher, Miriam
Mahon, Paul
Mason, Sean
Maxwell, Justin
McBride, John
McCann72, John
McCarthy, Conor
McCarthy, David
McCartney, Patrick
McElroy, Orla
McGimpsey, Garth
McGrath, Donagh
McGrath, Grellan
McGroarty, Neville
McInerney, Dominic
McPeak, Nicki
McSharry, Damien
Meehan, John
Melligan, Fergus
Miggin, Sinead
Moloney, Nicholas
Monds, Simon
Moran, Mark
Morrissey, Paul
Mullan, Martin
Mulvey, Keith
Murdock, Kevin
Murphy, Declan
Murray, Dave
Murray70, Ronan
Myburgh, Gareth
Nesbitt, Paul
Neville, Brendan
Nevin, Darren
Nicolas, MUNOZ
Nolan, Mary
Noone, David
O Farrell, Lonan
O'Brien, David
O'Brien, Kevin D
O'Callarain, Lorcán
O'Connor2, Jerry
O'Donnell, Kevin
O'Kane, Donal
O'Murchu, Pol
O'Regan, Frank
O'Reilly, Anthony
O'Riordan, Deirdre
O'Sullivan, Diarmuid
O'Sullivan, John
O'Sullivan, Siobhra
O'Sullivan, Stephen
Pabon, Bernard
Pamula, Agnieszka
Peacock, Ron
Priestman, Rob
Reed, Tina
Reynolds, Andrew
Ringrose, David
Riordan, Dave
Riz, Silvano
Rodgers, Pat
Seery, Brian
Shealy, Alan
Shekleton, Nigel
Smith, Maria
Smyth, Geoff
snee, george
Sutton, Jeremy
Swords, Warren
Taylor, Ian
Tegart, Roger
Tierney, Paul
Toal, Jackie
Townsend, Alan
Trafford, Andrew
Travers, Jean-Michel
Underwood, Alison
Van Barneveld, Andre
Vines, Liam
Walsh, Brian
Whittaker, Daniel
Wilson, Ed
Wilson, Gordon
Jackie ToalMar 22 2016, 2:54pmThank you Dermot.
Kevin O'DonnellMar 22 2016, 4:24pmHi, Couple of follow-on's from info above for Ultra:
1 Am I reading correctly that we can have 2 drop bags, one at Ballinastoe and one at Crone Wood? And are these then returned to Glencullen at end?
2 Checking if you know yet if there will be a water station at Curtlestown?
3. Planning on starting early at 8.30am start, is 8am okay to turn up for registration at Glencullen Golf Club or think need to get there earlier?
Thanks.
Mick HanneyMar 22 2016, 8:02pmKevin,
1. As I understand it, they are drop bags - for nutrition purposes really - not race gear - so there is no expectation of such bags being returned.
2. Curtlestown usually has a volunteer - depends on a volunteer being available though.
3. Yes, you should be okay there.
Kevin O'DonnellMar 22 2016, 9:07pmThanks Mick, good to know.
Mike CaseyMar 23 2016, 8:03amIs the Lugnaquilla forecast from mountain-forecast.com a good indication of conditions on the route?
Mick HanneyMar 23 2016, 8:12amI use www.yr.no Forecast for both Roundwood and Enniskerry looks the same. Forecasting rain currently for Sat.
Jean-Michel TraversMar 23 2016, 9:53amhi all, any recommendations on trail shoes ?
Still less aggressive despite rainfall forecast ?
Can trails become very muddy in some place ? Thanks
John J BarryMar 23 2016, 10:58amInov-8 Trailroc or similar will be sufficient
Liam CannonMar 23 2016, 12:08pmHi All,

I'm starting to feel a little concerned about the lack of carpool options for this.

I live on the north of Dublin, but can get myself to anywhere along the luas or dart lines (or anywhere within reach of operating bus services) on Saturday morning.

I'll chip in for fuel and buy you a beverage of your choosing on the day.

Thanks,

Liam
Fergal ConnollyMar 23 2016, 1:36pmWith 217 people signed up its going to get very busy on Djouce boardwalk. On the return leg anyone in the top 30 is going to face a good deal of traffic when they are climbing towards Djouce.

Does the faster runner have right of way here? Or does the descending runner have right of way? (i.e., the faster runner should step off the boardwalk)
Fergal ConnollyMar 23 2016, 1:38pmAlso, the trail/half runners will probably hit the same traffic.
Stephen BrennanMar 23 2016, 1:53pmExcerpt from last year's discussion:

Can you clarify the convention in relation to Ultra and Trail runners going in opposite directions along the boardwalk and the fireroad up from Ballinastoe.

Richard Nunan Mar 16, 9:20pm From Dermot 2013 ......

The descending runner should get priority, so on the boardwalk this would mean the Trail runners giving way to the Ultra runners - but given the number of Trail runners v Ultra runners on this section, this may not be practical. The boardwalk is a bottleneck, especially so when you have runners going both ways at the same time. If the ground is dry, it should not be a problem for one person to go to one side, but it can be much harder to manage if the ground is very wet - the boardwalk is over boggy ground anyway.

The best approach would be for all runners to go to their left if they need to go off the boardwalk. So one Trail runner going up, should give way to one Ultra runners going down by hopping off to their left, one Ultra runner meeting a group of Trail runner, hop off to their left. A sensible approach on the day would be needed.
Pól Ó MurchúMar 23 2016, 2:08pmGenerally speaking the desending runner who is usually the faster vs the climbing runner has right of way but common sense and general courtesy to other runners must also prevail.
Fergal ConnollyMar 23 2016, 2:22pmThanks lads
Mick HanneyMar 23 2016, 3:12pmThe IMRA President has supreme right of way :-)
Cedric LeLoupMar 23 2016, 3:49pmHi everybody,

Just a question: Is there showers?

I am registered on the ultra.

Thanks
Jim FitzharrisMar 23 2016, 3:56pmMais oui Cedric.

This is Ireland!

"Mostly cloudy with outbreaks of rain, heavy in places."
Jim FitzharrisMar 23 2016, 4:00pmDermot,

I have put my name down as a volunteer for both events - can you please accept when you get a chance.

Will do any job you want.

I can do Curtlestown if necessary - I have water containers with taps and can buy disposable cups.

Just let me know.

jim dot fitzharris at smurfitkappa dot com
Dermot MurphyMar 23 2016, 4:05pmHi Jim - would be great if you could do Curtlestown. Will be in touch - but if you have the water containers, you should be just about sorted.
Deirdre O'RiordanMar 23 2016, 4:22pmAs rain is likely on Saturday, I was hoping to have dry clothes in my drop bag at Ballinastoe. Will the bags be brought back to Glencullen? I wouldn't want to lose my gear.
Richard NunanMar 23 2016, 7:06pmDeirdre, i would only plan to leave disposables at Ballinastoe. Its a place to replenish supplies. The bags aren't normally returned to Glen Cullen.

Word of advise on the drop bags - make it look like yours - they can get mixed up or mistaken - There is more runners this year. Bigger risk.
Simon MondsMar 24 2016, 11:06am@Liam Cannon,
I should be driving up for the Ultra from the city centre, I can let you know this evening. I didn't put it up on the carpool as I probably won't be able to offer a lift back after the race (but with the trail finishing about the same time, you might be able to get a lift back).
Simon 0872225742
Liam CannonMar 24 2016, 12:26pm@Simon Monds
That sounds perfect. My usual carpool buddy is running the trail, so I should be able to arrange a lift home afterwards as long as my legs don't fail me on the return journey, haha.
You'll get me at 0876455417
John HigginsMar 24 2016, 12:32pmDermot - Apologies, I only noticed I signed up for Ultra instead of Half. Can this be rectified at this stage?
Dermot MurphyMar 24 2016, 1:51pmJohn - email sent.
Cedric LeLoupMar 24 2016, 6:20pmHello,
It's me again.
Seriously, Is there any showers on arrival ?
Thanks a million.
Dermot MurphyMar 24 2016, 6:48pmNo showers. Bring a can of deodorant.
Jason DowlingMar 25 2016, 11:39amHi Dermot,
Will the bag-drop on the way out at Crone be available for the early starters in the Ultra? (or will we have to use Ballinastoe as our first re-fuel point)?

Cheers,
Jason.
Pól Ó MurchúMar 25 2016, 12:32pmJason Dowling...what's this about early start??? You don't need an early start!
Dermot MurphyMar 25 2016, 12:56pmDont expect the water station to be there at Crone on the way out - they might be - depends on how fast you are. Go with the regular start if you are happy about making the cut offs.
Caoimhín MacMaoláinMar 25 2016, 1:45pmCan anyone tell me around what time approx. the leading ultra runners should be heading through Crone car park on the way out? Thanks.
Dermot MurphyMar 25 2016, 7:49pmCaoimhan, the leading runners should take around 1 hours to get to Crone - so maybe get there for around 10:20am to make sure.
Caoimhín MacMaoláinMar 26 2016, 9:49amThanks Dermot. I'll be there.
Miriam MaherMar 26 2016, 5:35pmDermot, Richard and the rest of the excellent volunteers from to-day's WWU and WWT - thank you so much. Great event, loved my first WWU! Now....pretty please, I'm really hoping you have some form of lost or found set up for 'stuff' left at the Glencullen Golf Club as I've just arrived home and realised that I left my runners outside the club house...They would be the filthy pair of muck encrusted purple Hokas. Any joy? Thanks again for a great day out. Miriam
Jackie ToalMar 26 2016, 10:25pmThank you Dermot, Richard and all the marshalls for all the help and support throughout, extremely well organised and super race. Also like Miriam I also must have left my Hoka Mafate - Lime greenish colour, covered in muck now too in the golf club carpark. I was parked in the lower level car park, near to golf club building. If anyone noticed them would be great
Jackie ToalMar 26 2016, 10:26pmThank you Dermot, Richard and all the marshalls for all the help and support throughout, extremely well organised and super race. Also like Miriam I also must have left my Hoka Mafate - Lime greenish colour, covered in muck now too in the golf club carpark. I was parked in the lower level car park, near to golf club building. If anyone noticed them would be great
Graham K. BusheMar 26 2016, 10:31pmThanks Dermot and crew, another great day on the Wicklow Way. And despite the weather making its own addition to the challenges, I enjoyed my first attempt at this race.
Pól Ó MurchúMar 26 2016, 10:54pmWell done Dermot on a great day out. Tough conditions initially but settles a bit after halfway.
Dermot MurphyMar 26 2016, 11:46pmJackie/Miriam, I have those Hoka's.

I also have a pair of Innov 8 Roclite 295's (size 7) and a pair of addidas trail runners (no UK size - 46 Euro).

Hope everyone enjoyed the day - results should be up soon.
Ronan HickeyMar 27 2016, 12:40amI'll buy those "Adidas Trail Runners - 46 Euro" Dermot. A bit heartless to sell them on so soon though isn't it? Sounded like another epic race today. Congrats to all the runners and volunteers.
Lillian DeeganMar 27 2016, 9:50amThanks Dermot, Richard and all enablers, I kept ye waiting unintentionally esp. Alan A and Angela - ye got saturated. Great to see ppl from the 4 provinces above. A struggle on the out for me. Meeting the returns by the Djouce shoulder, with too many slip slides, my back and me were shot, all I wanted was Ballinastoe and out. Meeting Paul Daly returning, he sorted me bothers. 36 mins later dizzy me hit B'stoe. Richard topped me bottles and back out, 10mins ish pre cut off - never have I been as tight time wise. Go go juice returned after JB and I could run. Body check complete this morn, only 3 notable sore bruises, an ankle from Spain that gave no trouble so alls not lost. I'm happy not seeing my time Dermot. No hassle at all ;)
James H CahillMar 27 2016, 10:28amThank you Dermot and all the volunteers for a great event. Running into a headwind all the way out I was looking forward to the wind at my back on the return....... But it didn't seem to help at all! Funny how it works like that. Great day, great event, great organization, and the golf club was a super new site for parking, registration and finishing. Well done to everyone who raced in both the trail and ultra
Pól Ó MurchúMar 27 2016, 12:08pm1 Eoin Lennon M Carnethy HRC 4:01:06
2 Tom Hogan M S.B.R. 4:03:09
3 Ian Bailey M Newcastle AC 4:09:07
4 Barry Hartnett M Dundrum AC 4:19:06
5 Diarmaid Collins M East Cork 4:29:01
6 Torben Dahl M Crusaders AC 4:30:11
7 Eoin Keith M40 Sportsworld 4:34:11
8 Barry Cronin M 4:36:35
9 Barry Murray M Glendalough AC 4:40:20
10 Paul Tierney M Garda/Ambleside 4:41:05
11 David Hicks M Newcastle ac 4:50:26
12 Fergal Connolly M Boards AC 4:51:20
13 Fergus Melligan M 4:52:11
14 Nigel Shekleton M Carnethy Hill Running Club 4:54:17
15 Jim Breyfogle M Albuquerque Road Runners 4:55:28
16 Maurice Looby M40 Mullingar Harriers 4:56:09
17 Warren Swords M Crusaders 4:56:30
18 Dominic McInerney M50 Newcastle AC 5:00:01
19 Jonathan GIbson M 5:01:02
20 Alan Shealy M 5:01:17
21 Paul Mahon M40 Setanta 5:02:28
22 Phil Hodge M Newcastle AC 5:02:31
23 Dena Hogan F Racing795 5:03:25
24 Graham K. Bushe M40 5:11:14
25 Gerry Kingston M50 BARF 5:11:22
26 Simon Monds M 5:11:24
27 Justin Dutton M40 5:12:32
28 Robert Costello M Drogheda & District AC 5:13:01
28 Tim Chapman M 5:13:01
30 Alan Kearney M Tri an mhi 5:15:30
31 Garth McGimpsey M Mourne Runners 5:17:16
32 Grellan McGrath M50 Eagle AC 5:18:12
33 Christopher Dunne M40 5:18:21
34 Paul Daly M40 Trailheads 5:20:25
35 Nicki McPeak M40 5:21:13
36 Juraj Karcak M40 5:23:14
37 Silvano Riz M 5:25:00
38 John MacEnri M40 5:25:02
39 Niall Corrigan M40 Glendalough AC 5:25:10
40 Alan Foley M40 5:27:05
41 Maros Jakab M Piranha Triathlon Club 5:27:25
42 Robert Irvine M50 North Belfast Harriers 5:27:29
43 Ed Wilson M50 None 5:30:20
44 Mark King M50 Newcastle AC 5:31:14
45 Sarah Harley F Eryri 5:32:18
46 David Ringrose M40 None 5:35:06
47 Jason Dowling M40 5:35:32
48 Ron Peacock M40 No 5:35:33
49 Brian Kitson M40 5:38:02
50 Donagh McGrath M40 Pulse Triathlon 5:39:02
50 Neil Mackay M40 Eagle AC 5:39:02
52 Mark Horvath M 5:42:06
53 Anthony Cahill M MSR 5:42:18
54 Paul Nesbitt M BARF 5:44:05
55 Jarlath Hynes M40 Grassroots 5:45:17
56 Kevin Murdock M50 Team Purple 5:46:01
57 Martin Mullan M40 BARF 5:46:05
58 Liam Lynch M 5:48:26
59 Andrew Trafford M40 5:48:29
60 Paul Morrissey1 M40 5:50:26
61 Jean-Michel Travers M 5:51:17
62 Robbie Heffernan M 5:51:21
63 David McCarthy M East Cork 5:52:12
64 Pol O'Murchu M Drogheda & District AC 5:53:16
65 Stephen Brennan M50 Trailheads 5:53:23
66 Odhran Hendley M40 Boards AC 5:54:04
67 Mairead Keenan F 5:54:19
68 Padraig Doyle M 5:56:28
69 george snee M 5:57:01
70 John J Barry M50 DSD AC 5:57:05
71 Jackie Toal F40 BARF 5:57:25
72 Chantelle Farrelly F Northside Running Group Sydney 5:58:25
73 Damien McSharry M40 Sligo 5:59:27
74 Geoff Smyth M40 Team Smudge 6:01:04
75 Ray Chambers Curtin M40 6:02:19
76 Anthony O'Reilly M Crusaders AC 6:02:28
77 Gavin Scott Byrne M 6:03:13
78 Dave Evans M Barf 6:04:11
79 Nicholas Moloney M North Cork 6:04:33
79 John Meehan M North Cork AC 6:04:33
79 Diarmuid O'Sullivan M north cork 6:04:33
82 Paul Higgins M40 6:06:04
82 John McCann72 M40 6:06:04
84 Daniel Lesniewski M Druzyna L 6:07:32
85 David Hanlon M40 6:10:13
86 John Buckley M NA 6:10:34
87 CEDRIC LELOUP M 6:12:11
88 colin casey M40 n/a 6:13:11
89 Thomas Lawler M40 6:13:19
90 Brigita Lukste F 6:13:22
91 Kevin O'Donnell M40 6:16:22
92 Daniel Whittaker M40 6:19:14
93 Noel Carr M40 Team Purple 6:20:18
94 Patrick Harmon M 6:20:34
95 Javier Curiel M 6:21:06
96 Wiola Gorman F 6:21:12
97 James Cahill66 M50 6:23:19
98 Brendan Neville M50 6:24:07
99 Andre Van Barneveld M40 Croghan 6:26:01
100 Liam Cannon M None 6:27:23
100 Neil Garvey M 6:27:23
102 Andrew Gibson M40 6:28:29
103 Darren Nevin M Nenagh 6:29:07
104 Keith Fortune M NA 6:29:19
105 Alison Underwood F40 6:30:02
106 John Mackey M Moyglass AC 6:31:27
106 Alistair Hodgett M40 6:31:27
108 Neville McGroarty M40 6:33:24
109 Johan Dehantschutter M50 6:35:14
110 Owen Boyhan M40 6:38:12
110 Cormac MacDonnell M40 South Leinster Trail Runners 6:38:12
110 George Flynn M40 6:38:12
113 David Carlyon M14 Blessington striders 6:38:20
114 PHILIP broderick M 6:38:28
115 Peter Grennan M40 6:39:05
115 Frank O'Regan M40 6:39:05
117 Arabin Jones M40 6:39:06
118 Gareth Myburgh M 6:39:09
119 Charlie Byrd M50 EagleAC 6:39:26
120 Orla McElroy F50 6:39:35
121 Lar Heffernan M40 6:42:09
122 Mark Foley2 M40 Pulse tri 6:42:11
123 Siobhra O'Sullivan F 6:46:01
123 Donal Bailey M 6:46:01
125 Joe Berney M50 Croghan AC 6:47:09
126 Wayne Byrne M40 3 Rock 6:47:23
126 Shane Brannigan M 6:47:23
128 Jeremy Sutton M40 6:48:20
129 Denis Hogan M 6:50:02
130 John Langenbach M Boards AC 6:50:17
131 Sinead Miggin F40 NONE 6:53:01
132 Denise Kavanagh F Coral runners 6:53:08
133 Mark Moran M 6:53:20
133 David Noone M Athenry AC 6:53:20
133 David O'Brien M 6:53:20
136 Dennis Kenny M50 Coral Runners 6:54:26
137 Marie Chapman F40 Slaney Olympic 6:56:14
138 Erwin De Wilde M50 6:56:24
139 Tina Reed F50 6:56:34
140 Rob Priestman M 6:57:22
141 David Harmon M 6:58:17
142 Amy Beggs F50 7:00:22
143 Jamie Hawan M 7:01:31
144 Shay Brady M40 Sportsworld 7:02:25
144 Ronan Murray70 M40 Sportsworld 7:02:25
146 Shaun Bradley M 7:03:03
147 Suzy Carson F50 Lagan Valley Orienteers 7:03:32
148 Andrew Reynolds M40 7:09:19
149 Conor McCarthy M40 7:10:28
150 Lillian Deegan F40 7:11:29
151 Roger Tegart M40 Drogheda & District AC 7:11:34
152 Martin Briody M40 St Brigids 7:12:00
152 Laurence Briody M40 St brigids 7:12:00
154 Sean Mason M40 Marathon Club Ireland 7:12:21
154 Brian Walsh M40 7:12:21
154 Alan Townsend M40 7:12:21
157 Miriam Maher F40 Le Cheile 7:13:20
158 Deirdre O'Riordan F40 Mud, sweat and runners 7:15:33
159 olejniczak ala F 7:16:19
160 Declan Murphy M Newmarket 7:18:05
161 Nicola Cochrane F40 7:18:09
162 Mary Nolan F60 Coral runners arklow 7:19:13
163 Tom Curran M 7:21:05
164 Paolo Girolami M40 7:22:31
165 Keith Mulvey M40 Glendalough AC 7:38:00
166 Jerry O'Connor2 M50 None 7:41:31
167 Gareth Anderson M40 8:04:24
168 Agnieszka Pamula F DNF
168 Suzanne Kenny F Trailheads DNF
168 Mike Casey M40 Yankee Runners DNF
168 John Hallahan M50 leevale DNF
168 Ian Taylor M60 BARF DNF
168 Dave Docherty M Glendalogh Mountains AC/MSR DNF
168 Jamie Killeen M DNF
168 Gordon Wilson M40 Glendalough Mountains AC DNF
168 Brian Seery M DNF
168 Mags Fitzgerald F40 MSR DNF
168 Bernard Pabon M50 R DNF
168 Francois KULIK M Trailheads DNF
168 John O'Sullivan M DNF
Pól Ó MurchúMar 27 2016, 12:18pm1 Eoin Lennon M Carnethy HRC 4:01:06
2 Tom Hogan M S.B.R. 4:03:09
3 Ian Bailey M Newcastle AC 4:09:07
4 Barry Hartnett M Dundrum AC 4:19:06
5 Diarmaid Collins M East Cork 4:29:01
6 Torben Dahl M Crusaders AC 4:30:11
7 Eoin Keith M40 Sportsworld 4:34:11
8 Barry Cronin M 4:36:35
9 Barry Murray M Glendalough AC 4:40:20
10 Paul Tierney M Garda/Ambleside 4:41:05
11 David Hicks M Newcastle ac 4:50:26
12 Fergal Connolly M Boards AC 4:51:20
13 Fergus Melligan M 4:52:11
14 Nigel Shekleton M Carnethy Hill Running Club 4:54:17
15 Jim Breyfogle M Albuquerque Road Runners 4:55:28
16 Maurice Looby M40 Mullingar Harriers 4:56:09
17 Warren Swords M Crusaders 4:56:30
18 Dominic McInerney M50 Newcastle AC 5:00:01
19 Jonathan GIbson M 5:01:02
20 Alan Shealy M 5:01:17
21 Paul Mahon M40 Setanta 5:02:28
22 Phil Hodge M Newcastle AC 5:02:31
23 Dena Hogan F Racing795 5:03:25
24 Graham K. Bushe M40 5:11:14
25 Gerry Kingston M50 BARF 5:11:22
26 Simon Monds M 5:11:24
27 Justin Dutton M40 5:12:32
28 Robert Costello M Drogheda & District AC 5:13:01
28 Tim Chapman M 5:13:01
30 Alan Kearney M Tri an mhi 5:15:30
31 Garth McGimpsey M Mourne Runners 5:17:16
32 Grellan McGrath M50 Eagle AC 5:18:12
33 Christopher Dunne M40 5:18:21
34 Paul Daly M40 Trailheads 5:20:25
35 Nicki McPeak M40 5:21:13
36 Juraj Karcak M40 5:23:14
37 Silvano Riz M 5:25:00
38 John MacEnri M40 5:25:02
39 Niall Corrigan M40 Glendalough AC 5:25:10
40 Alan Foley M40 5:27:05
41 Maros Jakab M Piranha Triathlon Club 5:27:25
42 Robert Irvine M50 North Belfast Harriers 5:27:29
43 Ed Wilson M50 None 5:30:20
44 Mark King M50 Newcastle AC 5:31:14
45 Sarah Harley F Eryri 5:32:18
46 David Ringrose M40 None 5:35:06
47 Jason Dowling M40 5:35:32
48 Ron Peacock M40 No 5:35:33
49 Brian Kitson M40 5:38:02
50 Donagh McGrath M40 Pulse Triathlon 5:39:02
50 Neil Mackay M40 Eagle AC 5:39:02
52 Mark Horvath M 5:42:06
53 Anthony Cahill M MSR 5:42:18
54 Paul Nesbitt M BARF 5:44:05
55 Jarlath Hynes M40 Grassroots 5:45:17
56 Kevin Murdock M50 Team Purple 5:46:01
57 Martin Mullan M40 BARF 5:46:05
58 Liam Lynch M 5:48:26
59 Andrew Trafford M40 5:48:29
60 Paul Morrissey1 M40 5:50:26
61 Jean-Michel Travers M 5:51:17
62 Robbie Heffernan M 5:51:21
63 David McCarthy M East Cork 5:52:12
64 Pol O'Murchu M Drogheda & District AC 5:53:16
65 Stephen Brennan M50 Trailheads 5:53:23
66 Odhran Hendley M40 Boards AC 5:54:04
67 Mairead Keenan F 5:54:19
68 Padraig Doyle M 5:56:28
69 george snee M 5:57:01
70 John J Barry M50 DSD AC 5:57:05
71 Jackie Toal F40 BARF 5:57:25
72 Chantelle Farrelly F Northside Running Group Sydney 5:58:25
73 Damien McSharry M40 Sligo 5:59:27
74 Geoff Smyth M40 Team Smudge 6:01:04
75 Ray Chambers Curtin M40 6:02:19
76 Anthony O'Reilly M Crusaders AC 6:02:28
77 Gavin Scott Byrne M 6:03:13
78 Dave Evans M Barf 6:04:11
79 Nicholas Moloney M North Cork 6:04:33
79 John Meehan M North Cork AC 6:04:33
79 Diarmuid O'Sullivan M north cork 6:04:33
82 Paul Higgins M40 6:06:04
82 John McCann72 M40 6:06:04
84 Daniel Lesniewski M Druzyna L 6:07:32
85 David Hanlon M40 6:10:13
86 John Buckley M NA 6:10:34
87 Roger Tegart M40 Drogheda & District AC 6:11:34
88 CEDRIC LELOUP M 6:12:11
89 colin casey M40 n/a 6:13:11
90 Thomas Lawler M40 6:13:19
91 Brigita Lukste F 6:13:22
92 Kevin O'Donnell M40 6:16:22
93 Daniel Whittaker M40 6:19:14
94 Noel Carr M40 Team Purple 6:20:18
95 Patrick Harmon M 6:20:34
96 Javier Curiel M 6:21:06
97 Wiola Gorman F 6:21:12
98 James Cahill66 M50 6:23:19
99 Brendan Neville M50 6:24:07
100 Andre Van Barneveld M40 Croghan 6:26:01
100 Liam Cannon M None 6:27:23
102 Neil Garvey M 6:27:23
103 Andrew Gibson M40 6:28:29
104 Darren Nevin M Nenagh 6:29:07
105 Keith Fortune M NA 6:29:19
106 Alison Underwood F40 6:30:02
106 John Mackey M Moyglass AC 6:31:27
108 Alistair Hodgett M40 6:31:27
109 Neville McGroarty M40 6:33:24
110 Johan Dehantschutter M50 6:35:14
110 Owen Boyhan M40 6:38:12
110 Cormac MacDonnell M40 South Leinster Trail Runners 6:38:12
113 George Flynn M40 6:38:12
114 David Carlyon M14 Blessington striders 6:38:20
115 PHILIP broderick M 6:38:28
115 Peter Grennan M40 6:39:05
117 Frank O'Regan M40 6:39:05
118 Arabin Jones M40 6:39:06
119 Gareth Myburgh M 6:39:09
120 Charlie Byrd M50 EagleAC 6:39:26
121 Orla McElroy F50 6:39:35
122 Lar Heffernan M40 6:42:09
123 Mark Foley2 M40 Pulse tri 6:42:11
123 Siobhra O'Sullivan F 6:46:01
125 Donal Bailey M 6:46:01
126 Joe Berney M50 Croghan AC 6:47:09
126 Wayne Byrne M40 3 Rock 6:47:23
128 Shane Brannigan M 6:47:23
129 Jeremy Sutton M40 6:48:20
130 Denis Hogan M 6:50:02
131 John Langenbach M Boards AC 6:50:17
132 Sinead Miggin F40 NONE 6:53:01
133 Denise Kavanagh F Coral runners 6:53:08
133 Mark Moran M 6:53:20
133 David Noone M Athenry AC 6:53:20
136 David O'Brien M 6:53:20
137 Dennis Kenny M50 Coral Runners 6:54:26
138 Marie Chapman F40 Slaney Olympic 6:56:14
139 Erwin De Wilde M50 6:56:24
140 Tina Reed F50 6:56:34
141 Rob Priestman M 6:57:22
142 David Harmon M 6:58:17
143 Amy Beggs F50 7:00:22
144 Jamie Hawan M 7:01:31
144 Shay Brady M40 Sportsworld 7:02:25
146 Ronan Murray70 M40 Sportsworld 7:02:25
147 Shaun Bradley M 7:03:03
148 Suzy Carson F50 Lagan Valley Orienteers 7:03:32
149 Andrew Reynolds M40 7:09:19
150 Conor McCarthy M40 7:10:28
151 Lillian Deegan F40 7:11:29
152 Martin Briody M40 St Brigids 7:12:00
152 Laurence Briody M40 St brigids 7:12:00
154 Sean Mason M40 Marathon Club Ireland 7:12:21
154 Brian Walsh M40 7:12:21
154 Alan Townsend M40 7:12:21
157 Miriam Maher F40 Le Cheile 7:13:20
158 Deirdre O'Riordan F40 Mud, sweat and runners 7:15:33
159 olejniczak ala F 7:16:19
160 Declan Murphy M Newmarket 7:18:05
161 Nicola Cochrane F40 7:18:09
162 Mary Nolan F60 Coral runners arklow 7:19:13
163 Tom Curran M 7:21:05
164 Paolo Girolami M40 7:22:31
165 Keith Mulvey M40 Glendalough AC 7:38:00
166 Jerry O'Connor2 M50 None 7:41:31
167 Gareth Anderson M40 8:04:24
168 Agnieszka Pamula F DNF
168 Suzanne Kenny F Trailheads DNF
168 Mike Casey M40 Yankee Runners DNF
168 John Hallahan M50 leevale DNF
168 Ian Taylor M60 BARF DNF
168 Dave Docherty M Glendalogh Mountains AC/MSR DNF
168 Jamie Killeen M DNF
168 Gordon Wilson M40 Glendalough Mountains AC DNF
168 Brian Seery M DNF
168 Mags Fitzgerald F40 MSR DNF
168 Bernard Pabon M50 R DNF
168 Francois KULIK M Trailheads DNF
168 John O'Sullivan M DNF
Pól Ó MurchúMar 27 2016, 12:24pmHaving some temporary problems uploading the results to the event page so just going to post here for now. Will get updated on event page in the next few days.
Andre Van BarneveldMar 27 2016, 1:56pmHi Pol
Looks like you have me out by an hour, do you have me down as early starter? I started at 9.30. Should be 5.26, cheers
Pól Ó MurchúMar 27 2016, 2:11pmResults up on the event Page now. Any problems let Karen know... karen.devenney at imra dot ie
PHILIP broderickMar 28 2016, 10:43amhi had a look at results looks like i was given a extra hour i started at 9.30 my name is philip broderick race number 33
Liam CannonMar 28 2016, 7:28pmWith the dust settled and the leg-ache on the wane, I'd like to thank everyone involved with organising the ultra on Saturday. It was my first ultra and it was an all-round positive experience, despite the sometimes challenging conditions and the inevitable physical tribulations. The banter and provisions at the aid stations were second to none and there was plenty of great cameraderie and encouragement out on the course. Neil Garvey deserves a special mention for helping me through that tortuous final km- thanks!
Dermot MurphyMar 28 2016, 7:28pmI hope everyone has recovered at this stage and enjoyed the day on Saturday! The wind and rain made things difficult at times, but that makes it all the more satisfactory afterwards.

I would like to thanks all the volunteers who helped out on the day - the race cannot happen without their help - thanks to Lindie, Richard and Brendan at the half way point, Mary and Diarmuid O'Colmain at Crone wood, Jim Fitzharris at Curtlestown, registration and parking - Martin, Graham and Justin, Jarlath and Angela (parking), Lillian, Richard (again) & Pol at registration, and at the finish - Roisin and Alan, with further help from Angela.

Also thanks to members of the Mullins family for supporting the event this year - Fiona spoke before both the Ultra main start and the Half, and Maeve ran in the Half as well.

Also thanks to Matt for providing the facilities at the Glof Club - it was great to have them.

Hope you can all make it back next year!
Dermot MurphyMar 29 2016, 10:23amA couple of excellent race reports by Miriam and Denis in the race reports section - please take a look when you have a chance and relive the day!
Please feel free to add your own report - they make for great reading and help in the preparation for future races.
Arabin JonesMar 29 2016, 5:03pmHi,
I left a pair of runners at the front door of the golf club when I went in to get changed & forgot to pick them up. Would anyone have picked these up? A pair of orange asics?

Many thanks,
Dermot MurphyMar 29 2016, 8:24pmI collected a pair of Asics trail runners before I left on Saturday - size 46 Euro - are the yours, Arabin?
Arabin JonesMar 30 2016, 11:14amThanks Dermot, I believe that's them. Its a pair of asics GEL-FUJI SENSOR 3 G-TX. What is the best way to pick these up, are you based in Dublin?

Many thanks,
Dermot MurphyMar 30 2016, 1:05pmHi Arabin - you can call me on 087 7445475 any evening.
Richard NunanMar 30 2016, 5:46pmWould just like to add another well done to Dermot, Volunteers and the committee on the work done on this event this year and over the previous years. Its one of Irelands finest Ultras with record attendees both local and overseas this year. Its great to read the no-frills comments and how the reflect the IMRA ethos in the reports.

The quality of athletes racing this year was one of the best we have seen to date, there was a fantastic ding dong battle at the front in both Mens and Ladies races.

Huge well done to Eoin lennon and Dena Hogan on their wins.

And of course a Well done to all the finishers , having made it to halfway in that weather its a tough battle to get from there to the finish line!! Hope you are almost recovered!!!
Richard NunanMar 30 2016, 5:46pmWould just like to add another well done to Dermot, Volunteers and the committee on the work done on this event this year and over the previous years. Its one of Irelands finest Ultras with record attendees both local and overseas this year. Its great to read the no-frills comments and how the reflect the IMRA ethos in the reports.

The quality of athletes racing this year was one of the best we have seen to date, there was a fantastic ding dong battle at the front in both Mens and Ladies races.

Huge well done to Eoin lennon and Dena Hogan on their wins.

And of course a Well done to all the finishers , having made it to halfway in that weather its a tough battle to get from there to the finish line!! Hope you are almost recovered!!!
Noel CarrApr 8 2016, 8:12pmDoes anyone know what the distance of the course was with moving of the halfway point?
John J BarryApr 8 2016, 8:54pmIt's a little over 51km now
Noel CarrApr 9 2016, 12:35pmThanks John