World Trial Glenmalure
- Saturday 11 August, 2012
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (3,3,2) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Under 16 races: 2,600m with 220m ascent. Junior women and Under 18 girls: 2,600m with 220m ascent. Senior women, Junior men and Under 18 boys: 4,900m with 650m ascent. Senior men: 9,900m with 880m ascent and 225m descent.
- Getting There:
- Glenmalure, County Wicklow. Coming from Roundwood, turn left at Laragh and proceed to Glenmalure. Turn right at Drumgoff crossroads. The start and car park is around 3 km up this road on the right. Please carpool from the hotel in Drumgoff.
- Organisers Instructions:
- The senior men's race will start at 12 noon at a forest barrier on the Lugnaquilla side of the Glenmalure valley road. The route goes up a forest path to a turning circle with a path-junction (around 2.4 km from start) before turning and coming back down the same way. The route then turns right towards Drumgoff and after 100 metres on the road passes the start for all other races.
All other races will start at 12:15 at the exit from the small car park on the Glendalough side. The route goes on the road in the direction of Drumgoff for 900 metres before turning right to cross two bridges onto the Zig-Zags path.
This event will be the main trial for the selection of the teams for the World championships and for the selection of the teams for the British and Irish Junior championships.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Pub in Drumgoff
- Note the senior races, junior men, and under 18 boys finish at the summit of Cloghernagh. It will take around 40 minutes to jog down to the road. The other under age races finish one mile uphill from the road.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize