British & Irish Junior Championships
- Saturday 22 September, 2012
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Under 16 races and under 18 girls: 4,300m with 310m ascent Under 18 boys: 6,300m with 435m ascent
- Getting There:
21/9: EI 0204 at 12:30 Dublin to Manchester (arrive 13:30)
22/9: EI 0215 at 20:15 Manchester to Dublin (arrive 21:10)
Melmerby, Cumbria, England. See event website for location map (54 miles west of Newcastle).
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race website and
12:00 Under 16 girls (born 1996-1997) 12:30 Under 16 boys and under 18 girls 13:00 Under 18 boys (born 1994-1995)
Selection basis: First two in trial races plus other positions based on trial race, mountain running, and cross-country/road performances in 2011/2012. All selection is subject to the athlete being capable of finishing within 5% of the trial winners time and 15% of the international race winners times. Only athletes who meet the criteria will be selected this means that full teams may not be sent. Selected athletes should be registered with Athletics Ireland.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Both under 16 races and the under 18 girls race are on the same course. The under 18 boys race is on a completely different route (overlaps with senior races).