- Wednesday 25 May, 2011
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 5 (1,2,2) - Easy Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Summer League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The run itself is a steady uphill climb for the first 3.5km after which the track levels out and goes clockwise around the top of the hill, before going through a rutted marshy section. The trail improves at the end of the marsh when you swing to the right and back onto solid ground. After about 300 metres you'll hit a T-junction (intersecting the route you took on the way up). Going left at this point takes you back to the cars.
The track is, in general, quite good but is rutted in a number of places and does have one section of bog/marsh which will almost certainly be quite boggy. So you're going to get wet and dirty! Ah yes, the joys of hill-running!
- Getting There:
- Murroe, Co. Limerick
Race registration is in the carpark opposite Croker's bar in Murroe, Co. Limerick. It will be necessary to carpool from here to the race start (about 3.5km away) as there is very limited parking at the race start location.
OSI grid reference of carpark: R 730 557Google Streetview link
Note that on some maps and sign-posts, Murroe is spelt "Moroe" and despite what it says above, this race is not in Co. Kerry!
- Organisers Instructions:
This race is open to all and the cost is â‚¬5.
Please arrive at 19:00 to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring your number with you, if not you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand, but they will be available on the day as well.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Refreshments afterwards in Croker's Bar in Murroe
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize