Fraughen Rock Glen
- Race from Barravore carpark up through Fraughen Rock Glen
- Sunday 20 June, 2010
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 9 (3,3,3) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Getting There:
- Car pooling will be needed from Drumgoff onwards.
- Organisers Instructions:
- The Route will be from Barravore car park to the top of Lugnacoille through the Fraughen Rock Glen. The race will start on forest trails before moving on to open mountain.
Map of the race area (Harvey's or Healy's recommended) & Compass
Studded runners are strongly advised
- Prizegiving Location:
- Glenmalure Inn
- The route wont be marked apart from a few track junctions near the start. If the weather is terrible there will be an alternative race in either Carrawaystick or Mullacor forests.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize